Windows 10: Trackball recommendation

Discus and support Trackball recommendation in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Sorry if this is an inappropriate place to post this but can anyone recommend a trackball that will actually last more than a few months? I've gone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by OldMainframeGuy, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Trackball recommendation

Sorry if this is an inappropriate place to post this but can anyone recommend a trackball that will actually last more than a few months? I've gone through a number of Logictech M570s and Kensington Orbit trackballs. I really like both of them while they're working but after a while the M570'a trackball becomes unresponsive and the Kensington's left button stops working. They're both relatively inexpensive but I don't mind paying more for one that will last.

:)

OldMainframeGuy, Apr 20, 2020

2. Need some opinions on a replacement Trackball Mice

Hi Everyone, I have used the Microsoft Trackball Explorer since it first hit the market, I've loved it because of it's large trackball and my big fat fingers work so well together, Microsoft discontinued the product and even though it can still be found on Amazon, I will not be paying over 600 for one ever.

The 2 that I own have been rebuilt, and rebuilt, and they have pretty much reached the end of the road, so I am looking for a new trackball mouse with a large trackball, I have other regular mice but I prefer the trackball as I like it stationary.

So I would like some suggestions from fellow trackball users of a good quality trackball with a large trackball, that you are personally using for gaming, please list the pros and cons or likes and dislikes of what you recommend?

Thank You! GM

GelatanousMuck, Apr 20, 2020
  3. 2wicked Win User
    Trackball mice

I have both of those and can say the TrackBall TrackMan Wheel is the better of the two you listed.

The marble trackball has no scroll wheel only two buttons to scroll with and only work if you have the logitech software installed and not recommended if you play any games.
    The trackman is a little to small for my hand, so if you have big hands it may be uncomfortable.

I have yet to find any thing that out does my microsoft trackball optical (discontinued).

2wicked, Apr 20, 2020
  4. Tsw88 Win User

Trackball recommendation

which trackball is better?

in terms of comfort and accuracy, which trackball is better?

Both are from Logitech, similar price. Or any other recommendation?

Trackball recommendation [​IMG]

Trackball recommendation [​IMG]

Tsw88, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

Trackball recommendation

1. Trackball recommendation - Similar Threads - Trackball recommendation

2. sporadic trackball/mouse problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sporadic trackball/mouse problem: win10, older i7, 32gb ram, big hard disk, logitech trackball. Computer used to be pretty reliable. But now it's a crapshoot whether I will have my trackball available when I boot. Sometimes i have to boot two or three times before the mouse is activated. But sometimes it is...
  3. sporadic trackball/mouse problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    sporadic trackball/mouse problem: win10, older i7, 32gb ram, big hard disk, logitech trackball. Computer used to be pretty reliable. But now it's a crapshoot whether I will have my trackball available when I boot. Sometimes i have to boot two or three times before the mouse is activated. But sometimes it is...
  4. sporadic trackball/mouse problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Mouse/trackballs dying on W10 for no apparent reason

Mouse/trackballs dying on W10 for no apparent reason: Recently, my trackball has started freezing on my W10 machine. When it does, I've tried a mouse secondary, and it's frozen too. I've tried both in different usb slots, but nothing frees it other than rebooting. Then things are ok for a while. It doesn't seem to be a specific...
  6. Mouse/trackballs dying on W10 for no apparent reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse/trackballs dying on W10 for no apparent reason: Recently, my trackball has started freezing on my W10 machine. When it does, I've tried a mouse secondary, and it's frozen too. I've tried both in different usb slots, but nothing frees it other than rebooting. Then things are ok for a while. It doesn't seem to be a specific...
  7. Mouse/trackballs dying on W10 for no apparent reason

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Microsoft Trackball Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Trackball Explorer: I am trying to get my Lenovo ThinkPad to work with my Trackball Explorer. I have recently retired and had to get a new laptop I purchased one the same as my previous that was working with the Trackball Explorer but cannot locate the drivers for use with the Trackball Explorer...
  9. Microsoft Trackball Explorer

Microsoft Trackball Explorer: I am trying to get my Lenovo ThinkPad to work with my Trackball Explorer. I have recently retired and had to get a new laptop I purchased one the same as my previous that was working with the Trackball Explorer but cannot locate the drivers for use with the Trackball Explorer...
  10. Trackball Mouse Recommendations?

Trackball Mouse Recommendations?: I am using the Logitech M570 trackball but it has a ton of issues. So I'm sure many of you are familiar with this trackball mouse. Now when i first got this mouse a while back, it took a while to get used to as oppose to a regular mouse. Also because i have 2 monitors and...