Windows 10: Tracking Cookies

Discus and support Tracking Cookies in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am running ASC Internet Security, it finds 4 x tracking cookies every time it runs, 3 in IE and now one in FF too (just installed). It says it has... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by elbmek, Apr 18, 2017.

1. elbmek Win User

Tracking Cookies

I am running ASC Internet Security, it finds 4 x tracking cookies every time it runs, 3 in IE and now one in FF too (just installed). It says it has 'fixed' them but they are there next scan. I also have spywareblaster running in the background, it cant see them at all. I temporarily installed CCleaner (it didnt see them). Took that out again as it is not good for my pc (long story). I have tried blacklisting them in their respective browsers but to no avail. AVG does not see them either. I hasve also told the browswers, particularly IE NOT to allow tracking.

So what the heck is going on. These programmes promise the earth and none are delivering?????

:)

elbmek, Apr 18, 2017
  2. BrianNel Win User

Tracking cookies

Over the past few months , a plethora of tracking cookies has appeared on the web! Even some fairly innocuous sites which I occasionally visited over many years have started dumping tracking cookies on my pc! What is happening? AVG quarantines these cookies
    as minor threats. Is there some way to prevent these cookies being dumped on my pc? It is a nuisance! Thanks guys

BrianNel, Apr 18, 2017
  3. quietman7 - MVP, Apr 18, 2017
  4. Tracking Cookies

I would not put my trust in iobit. What cookies exactly?

TairikuOkami, Apr 18, 2017
  5. Edwin New Member
    Most websites don't honor the "Don't Track" request!
    Set browsers to delete data on exit.

Edwin, Apr 18, 2017
  6. elbmek Win User
    at.atwala.com
    cdn.at.atwola.com
    (a tv one which is my daughter fault as she watches online programmes)

and, in FF, gigya.com and another - ebayinc.demex.net, and ubi.com - 6 in all

I will look into the dlete data suggestion, but fairly sure its already ticked

just looked at FF, it has tracking blocked!

no sign of clear data in FF - but what is DRM content??

IE is ticked in the right boxes .

running another scan right now:

IE: media.net - and the two x atwalla ones - and gigya.com in FF.

elbmek, Apr 18, 2017
  7. elbmek Win User
    As this is the same section to post this, I'll change tack here and ask:

As a few of you do not like iobit.com (which I have used for a long time) - can you suggest a good and viable alternative to keep my pc compact, secure andrunning smoothly.

elbmek, Apr 18, 2017
  8. elbmek Win User

Tracking Cookies

In response to these posts I did a google check on 'cleaning software for pcs' and found a link leading to a geek article. It says quite simply, you don't need any - windows has all the software you require to keep you pc 'sweet'. Well, if that's so, then windows should group them all in one cpanel folder to make it easier for us all to find/use.

elbmek, Apr 18, 2017
  9. Borg 386 Win User
    Could be you're getting supercookies, a flash based cookie that doesn't get removed from the browser by normal means.

FF has a plug-in to remove these.

BetterPrivacy-signed :: Add-ons for Firefox

I also use this plug-in to control which cookies are allowed. On my system it's turned off by default until I encounter a page that actually needs then to run.

Cookie Controller :: Add-ons for Firefox

Hope this helps.

Borg 386, Apr 18, 2017
  10. elbmek Win User
    I have the latest FF but then link only asks me to download FF ??

elbmek, Apr 18, 2017
  11. simrick Win User
    *Ditto I'll second that.
    Good suggestion.
    For normal cookies, SuperAntiSpyware works for me. They have free and paid versions.

Borg makes a good point about super cookies.

Also Adobe Flash cookies have to be removed using their online Website Storage Settings Panel:
    Adobe - Flash Player : Settings Manager - Website Storage Settings panel

simrick, Apr 18, 2017
  12. elbmek Win User
    simrick, ran antispyware and it found 1318 problems, supposedly all sorted BUT, in IE the pc wont let me stay logged in in this forum, have not tried any others yet. I assume there are setting to allow log ins to remain if required. Because, if not, then another bites the dust. Going to check superspy now for settings. I did note that it found those that would not vanish under ASC.

changed default to firefox, and signed in, leaving it signed in. Now back in IE and I am signed in???

elbmek, Apr 18, 2017
  13. simrick Win User

Tracking Cookies

You can tell it to save certain cookies, I think. I don't use IE, ever, and haven't used it since W98, so no help there.
    I use a password manager and don't stay signed in to anything all the time. When I need to sign in, I do it with the password manager. (Thwarts the session-cookie-stealing malware potential.)

simrick, Apr 18, 2017
  14. Borg 386 Win User
    Borg 386, Apr 18, 2017
  15. elbmek Win User
    thanks Borg, added it direct from the link. I zm going to deliete chrome as a back up browser on my machines, Superspyware reported 1318 on my pc and 1339 on my laptop and most, a goodly 70% are in Chrome.

simrick. When I served in N ireland I contracted a brain virus, which was a potential killer bug!!!! It left me with headaches and a ****** awful memory, so I tend to rely on saved passwords as there are so many. Even so, I still have problems in that area.

elbmek, Apr 18, 2017
Thema:

Tracking Cookies

1. Tracking Cookies - Similar Threads - Tracking Cookies

2. DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION - tracking down issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION - tracking down issues: DPC Watchdog violation - bsod - 1min to 4 days between issue, causing freeze for 3-5mins, then restarting.041024-8656-01.zipAny help to understand what is causing the issue is appreciated...
  3. DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION - tracking down issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION - tracking down issues: DPC Watchdog violation - bsod - 1min to 4 days between issue, causing freeze for 3-5mins, then restarting.041024-8656-01.zipAny help to understand what is causing the issue is appreciated...
  4. How do I keep Microsoft from setting tracking cookies

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I keep Microsoft from setting tracking cookies: How do I lock my windows 10 registry to keep MS from setting tracking cookies. I know how to delete them, I want to know how STOP MICROSOFT FROM PUTTING UNWANTED STUFF ON MY MACHINE EVERY GODDAMN DAY. How do I lock my registry?...
  5. How do I keep Microsoft from setting tracking cookies

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I keep Microsoft from setting tracking cookies: How do I lock my windows 10 registry to keep MS from setting tracking cookies. I know how to delete them, I want to know how STOP MICROSOFT FROM PUTTING UNWANTED STUFF ON MY MACHINE EVERY GODDAMN DAY. How do I lock my registry?...
  6. How do I keep Microsoft from setting tracking cookies

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Does Windows Defender remove tracking cookies?

Does Windows Defender remove tracking cookies?: My Norton Lifelock removes tracking cookies periodically. I'm seriously thinking of ditching Norton in favor of Defender, but I need a way to automatically identify tracking cookies so I can remove them. 178520
  8. New Chromium Edge installs tracking cookie ScoreCardResearch

New Chromium Edge installs tracking cookie ScoreCardResearch: Hi there, I decided to come here ask for help, because i'm sick of trying to solve this. Everytime i open Edge Chromium, it installs this tracking cookie. Thanks god my security software deletes it in every scan, but i have to scan everytime i restart edge. This is...
  9. Are cookies tracking me?

in Browsers and Email
    Are cookies tracking me?: I use Google Chrome but I don't regularly clear my cookies so as a consequence I have a looong list of saved cookies. Is it possible that many of these sites that I don't even regularly visit are still tracking my web browsing? Should I consider clearing my cookies and making...
  10. Huge increase in tracking cookies caused by Win10

Huge increase in tracking cookies caused by Win10: My SUPERAntispyware (free) seems to do a better job than Norton at blocking tracking cookies. It blocked 7 or 8 a day on average on my Win7. It's just stopped 257 that have arrived in the past TWO days on my new Win10. Nearly everyone had the name Microsoft in its title....