Windows 10: Tracking down Memory BSOD

Discus and support Tracking down Memory BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I could really use some help in tracking down some memory based BSOD's I've been getting. I tracked some issues down to an ASUS driver in an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Kaladeeny, Aug 24, 2020.

1. Kaladeeny Win User

Tracking down Memory BSOD

Hello,

I could really use some help in tracking down some memory based BSOD's I've been getting. I tracked some issues down to an ASUS driver in an earlier post, and was able to clean it off the system. I've now been having some slightly different issues.

I've still been getting some Memory Management BSOD, as well as an issue where the PC doesn't wake up the video card properly from sleep. PC wakes from sleep, but no display is outputted, and PC no longer responds to power/sleep button, requiring force restart. Upon reboot, memory BSOD usually presents itself.

Upon running the driver verifier, I got into a BSOD loop with the message "DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION".

Here are my latest minidump files.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gu6jtken6t4e5nl/Minidump3.zip?dl=0

Any help would really be appreciated.

:)

Kaladeeny, Aug 24, 2020

2. IRQ memory BSODS, device manager, memory range?

The only time I've seen that type of BSOD for myself is when I fried the PCI-e slots on my Striker 2 board... There wasn't anything that I could do, try and rma and go on.. I would suggest the steps that MilkyWay has said.. But, if you really don't know much about Bios's... I wouldn't play with Irq's... That can mess up everything on your board. USB, ethernet, ram, chip... But, that's just me on playing with irq's... To much of a hassle IMHO..

Cold Storm, Aug 24, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Aug 24, 2020
  4. Tracking down Memory BSOD

Getting BSOD 0x124 error

Ignore what everone said here.

0x124 BSOD is usually related to VCCIO (VTT), run Prime95 version 26.6 with custom sizes of 512K to 640K with 50% of your memory for at least 8 hours.

If you get a 0x124 BSOD, increase VCCIO voltage by small steps, run Prime95 again until your stable.

If you pass Prime95 512K to 640K without a BSOD, then its Vcore too low. I'd suggest running IntelBurnTest with 80% of your memory to verify stability (8 to 12 hours).

Oh, and yeah, if this problem appeared all of the sudden, the reason is CPU degradation, you can prevent it by enabling C-States or adjust your overclock to use lower voltages.

Regeneration, Aug 24, 2020
Thema:

Tracking down Memory BSOD

1. Tracking down Memory BSOD - Similar Threads - Tracking down Memory

2. Difficulty tracking down cause of DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Difficulty tracking down cause of DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD: I built a new PC a few weeks ago and have been having some intermittent BSOD issues, all the same DPC Watchdog Violation. It happens most frequently when running games, although I can also force it to happen with almost 100% consistency by attempting to share my screen on...
  3. Tracking down Windows Offenders

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Tracking down Windows Offenders: submitted by /u/NothingLeftUndone [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l22qh9/tracking_down_windows_offenders/
  4. Windows 10 Memory Leak. Trying to track down cause using Poolmon.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Memory Leak. Trying to track down cause using Poolmon.: Hi, I have a real heavy Paged memory leak that just steals memory to the point where I end up getting a low memory warning in Windows 10 and I need to reboot. I've installed Poolmon and to be honest, deciphering what's causing it is above my pay grade. I'm working with 16GB's...
  5. Help tracking down driver BSODs

Help tracking down driver BSODs: Hi Everyone, my computer has been crashing recently a couple minutes after login, unless I am in safe mode. PC Specs: Ryzen 3600 MSI x570 Tomahawk GSkill Trident Z Neo 3600 16CL 2x8 MSI 3x Ventus OC 3080 Here are the dump logs:...
  6. need help tracking down a bug

need help tracking down a bug: once a minute, something on my computer is causing a GPU usage spike which causes the computer to be unresponsive for a few seconds, in all apps. tried reinstalling drivers thinking that was the issue, and even tried installing an older nvidia card instead of the amd one,...
  7. Memory Management BSOD on shut down only

Memory Management BSOD on shut down only: Been happening for the past two weeks or so. My computer is only a year old and I shouldn't be having these issues. Someone said the issue stemmed from Battle.net. I posted on their forums and someone told me to do a reinstall. I did that and I got a BSOD a day later. I...
  8. mystery message cant track it down

mystery message cant track it down: can someone help please [img] 114792
  9. How to track down an unwanted sound?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to track down an unwanted sound?: Windows 10 Build 14942 and Bluetooth. A four-note "attention" or "warning" sound is continually overriding my Bluetooth sound, which otherwise, seems to be behaving normally. I haven't been able to see any flashing icons or other indicators that an app wants my attention....
  10. How to track down missing device drivers?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to track down missing device drivers?: I have just done a Clean Install of Windows 10 on my Sony Vaio VGN-NW21ZF laptop following a partition corruption while trying to repartition the HDD. previously it had been upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and there were no device driver issues. All appears to be...