Windows 10: Tracking faulty driver causing BSOD

Discus and support Tracking faulty driver causing BSOD in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello Microsoft Community,I would like to know what is the best way to track faulty driver that's been causing my BSOD since June.I'm currently using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Lionel T, Jul 31, 2022.

1. Lionel T Win User

Tracking faulty driver causing BSOD

Hello Microsoft Community,I would like to know what is the best way to track faulty driver that's been causing my BSOD since June.I'm currently using WhoCrashed to know about these BSODs it does not reveal which driver/software is faulty.Also to note, I have just restarted my laptop last week and i uninstalled all incoming Window updates and disabled driver updates as well.Hope you guys can help me since I can't seem to solve this issue for a month now.Thanks a lot.

:)

Lionel T, Jul 31, 2022
  2. mksaga Win User

Pinpointing Faulty Driver Causing Memory BSODs

Hello!

Wanted to get some advice on pinpointing which driver is faulty on my machine. I recently built a desktop, installed Windows 10 on it (specs are in the OneDrive folder linked below).

I keep running into BSODs while using the machine after powering it on- it typically happens while I'm playing Overwatch.

At first, they varied widely- I got errors like:

• kmode exception not handled
    • driver_irql not less or equal
    • driver overran stack buffer
    • attempted execute of noexecute memory

After doing some reading, I realized it was a memory issue, and using the Windows Debugging Tool I found that they were probably caused by wdf01000.sys, but wasn't able to go farther than that. I messaged the MS support, they recommended reinstalling Windows-
    I did, and it was fine for a while.

Now it's starting to come back... but I would get an error saying "memory management" as soon as the lock screen appeared. I ran the Windows memory diagnostic, but that came out clean.

I enabled the Driver Verifier for all non-Windows driver and went through the "clean boot" procedure (went into system configuration, disabled all non-Windows services from startup and disabled everything under startup in task manager). Now everything is
    fine- but when I power down my computer, it shows me a BSOD with an error code, "driver verifier found faulty driver" - but it won't tell me which one. As of now, I have a working desktop with a faulty driver currently disabled lurking somewhere...

After going through this clean boot process, I noticed that as soon as I started my keyboard software (Logitech Gaming Software 8.91), I'd get a BSOD with the error "system exception thread not handled"- so I uninstalled that, but the Driver Verifier is
    still showing the BSOD when I power down.

So: I am relatively sure that one of my drivers is faulty, cause the RAM test came out clean. I want to pinpoint which driver is causing these crashes, but I don't know how other than enabling them upon startup one at a time.

Followed the procedures mentioned in
    these

here is a OneDrive link
    with three most recent minidumps, output of MSInfo, and specs from AIDA64:

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

Any tips on where to start? Thanks for the help in advance!

mksaga, Jul 31, 2022
  3. Norton Win User
    Faulty Driver BSOD

I found this little piece of software helpful:
    Blue screen of death (STOP error) information in dump files.

Captures and records BSOD info

Norton, Jul 31, 2022
  4. Darkleoco Win User

Faulty Driver BSOD

In the past 2-3 days I have gotten 2 seemingly random bluescreens with a faulty driver error it says something to the effect of a faulty driver is attempting to corrupt the system and needs to be updated but how am I supposed to figure out what driver is causing the issues *Confused Tracking faulty driver causing BSOD :confused:.

Darkleoco, Jul 31, 2022
Thema:

1. Tracking faulty driver causing BSOD - Similar Threads - Tracking faulty driver

2. No driver found faulty but get BSOD : DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No driver found faulty but get BSOD : DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION: Hi,I've had a few BSOD on startup in the last months. I've finally decided to fix this. As those are often caused by faulty drivers, I've used Windows Driver verifier to generate the BSOD DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION. I've managed to do it and this is the .dmp I'm...
  3. No driver found faulty but get BSOD : DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No driver found faulty but get BSOD : DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION: Hi,I've had a few BSOD on startup in the last months. I've finally decided to fix this. As those are often caused by faulty drivers, I've used Windows Driver verifier to generate the BSOD DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION. I've managed to do it and this is the .dmp I'm...
  4. Faulty I225-v chip causing bsod ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Faulty I225-v chip causing bsod ?: Im getting bsods on my pc from time to time. It seems that the onboard Intel I225-V B3 chip or its drivers are the cause for this error.Here is minidump file:https://www.upload.ee/files/14797767/010223-7531-01.rar.htmlThanks for help!...
  5. Faulty I225-v chip causing bsod ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Faulty I225-v chip causing bsod ?: Im getting bsods on my pc from time to time. It seems that the onboard Intel I225-V B3 chip or its drivers are the cause for this error.Here is minidump file:https://www.upload.ee/files/14797767/010223-7531-01.rar.htmlThanks for help!...
  6. Faulty I225-v chip causing bsod ?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Tracking faulty driver causing BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tracking faulty driver causing BSOD: Hello Microsoft Community,I would like to know what is the best way to track faulty driver that's been causing my BSOD since June.I'm currently using WhoCrashed to know about these BSODs it does not reveal which driver/software is faulty.Also to note, I have just restarted my...
  8. Help tracking down driver BSODs

Help tracking down driver BSODs: Hi Everyone, my computer has been crashing recently a couple minutes after login, unless I am in safe mode. PC Specs: Ryzen 3600 MSI x570 Tomahawk GSkill Trident Z Neo 3600 16CL 2x8 MSI 3x Ventus OC 3080 Here are the dump logs:...
  9. BSOD and faulty Drivers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD and faulty Drivers: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ZombieCharm [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/isqevu/bsod_and_faulty_drivers/
  10. Faulty driver related BSOD

Faulty driver related BSOD: I am getting a BSOD with multiple different messages. Sometimes the computer will run for 20 minutes, sometimes only 5 minutes before it crashes and there does not seem to be any rhyme or reason as I cannot replicate the issue consistently. After hours of troubleshooting I...