Windows 10: Trackpad and Keyboard keeps freezing...

Discus and support Trackpad and Keyboard keeps freezing... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Good day guys, I have a HP Envy dv7-7332ea laptop which has been running great for over 7 years now. Unfortunately, HP seems to have stopped support... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sridhar Ananthanarayanan, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Trackpad and Keyboard keeps freezing...

Good day guys,

I have a HP Envy dv7-7332ea laptop which has been running great for over 7 years now. Unfortunately, HP seems to have stopped support for this laptop in the form of compatible drivers for newer version of Windows 10.

My laptop was working fine until I updated to Windows 10 1909 Build 18363.836 on 2020-05-13. Ever since that update, the trackpad either just doesn't work, or randomly freezes. The keyboard too stops working sometimes, but not as often as the trackpad. The only solution when that happens is to reboot the device. Often multiple reboots are required because they may not work on every reboot.

I am currently on the 2004 version of Windows, but that hasn't solved the problem. I even tried installing Synaptics trackpad drivers from their website, but it isn't working reliably.

Does someone know how to fix this? Everything was fine until the 18363.815 build which I had installed on 2020-04-25. Unfortunately, i don't have a system image of that build, nor a restore point.

Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks.

:)

Sridhar Ananthanarayanan, Jun 5, 2020

2. dell xps 13 l321x trackpad freezing

I have updated my Del XPS 1321X to the latest drivers from the Dell website and now the trackpad freezes after a few minutes use.

Suggestions?

Fixes?

DJasonRoss, Jun 5, 2020
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Keyboard and Trackpad Not Working

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you restore your computer to an earlier point in time.
    Restoring won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made.

Since you're unable to use the keyboard and trackpad to log in to Windows 10, access the recovery environment and run system restore. To do that, follow these steps:

• Use the installation media to access the recovery environment. If you don't have one, go to this

link
    • Connect the recovery drive and turn on your PC.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot, and then select an option. If you don’t see the Choose your option screen, your PC might not be set up to boot from a drive. Check your PC manufacturer’s
      website for info on how to change your PC’s boot order.
    • Restore from a system restore point by selecting Advanced Options > System Restore. This will remove recently installed apps, drivers, and updates that might be causing your PC problems, but it won’t affect your personal
      files.

Let us know how it goes after performing the steps.

Mark Ole, Jun 5, 2020
  4. Trackpad and Keyboard keeps freezing...

Freeze HP trackpad

How to freeze trackpad in hp laptop while writing

MohitJadli, Jun 5, 2020
Thema:

Trackpad and Keyboard keeps freezing...

1. Trackpad and Keyboard keeps freezing... - Similar Threads - Trackpad Keyboard keeps

2. Why does my keyboard keep freezing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my keyboard keep freezing?: Hi there, have been playing games on my new lenovo gaming latpop and every now and then the keyboard wont accept inputs and i'll be stuck unable to move in a game but i can still look around.The same keeps happening to my flightstick.I've tried uninstalling drivers but it...
  3. Keyboard and trackpad not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard and trackpad not working: Hello, Recently, my keyboard and trackpad both stopped working at the same time. Rarely, if I restarted my laptop like 10 times, my keyboard and trackpad would work. Now I have to use an external keyboard and mouse. I have booted into bios and the keys still do not work. If...
  4. Keyboard and trackpad not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and trackpad not working: Hello, Recently, my keyboard and trackpad both stopped working at the same time. Rarely, if I restarted my laptop like 10 times, my keyboard and trackpad would work. Now I have to use an external keyboard and mouse. I have booted into bios and the keys still do not work. If...
  5. Keyboard and trackpad not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Conflicting trackpad and keyboard drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Conflicting trackpad and keyboard drivers: So, all of a sudden my trackpad stops working. Eventually I deduce that it is a driver issue so I re install the drivers by deleting the device and restarting my computer. I come to find out that it solved the issue but now my keyboard isn't working! I proceeded to the...
  7. Windows 10 not responding keyboard and trackpad

Windows 10 not responding keyboard and trackpad: This is an update, but, when i turn on my laptop the login screen works, but dosent register keyboard and trackpad. I got into the bios and the keyboard and trackpad works, but i dont know what to choose i am on Toshiba Setup Utility What should i do?...
  8. Keyboard and trackpad not responding

Keyboard and trackpad not responding: I have a Toshiba laptop with Windows 10 for 6 months, and i booted it up today to find it that the keyboard and trackpad was not working, the caps lock didnt turn on, the external usb keyboard didnt also, and i cannot login. Help immediate!...
  9. Keyboard, trackpad and usb ports not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard, trackpad and usb ports not working: The keyboard, trackpad and usb ports arent working on my laptop. How can i fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-trackpad-and-usb-ports-not-working/2974b971-b882-414f-be21-825667dba56e
  10. Keyboard, Trackpad, Mouse stop working

Keyboard, Trackpad, Mouse stop working: For a while now my my detachable Keyboard, Trackpad and Mouse have kept stopping. It has happened before and cured itself but so far not this time. A new and odd behaviour is that after closing down and relaunching everything does work, for about two seconds only, just enough...