Windows 10: Trackpad and keyboard not working after re-installing windows

Discus and support Trackpad and keyboard not working after re-installing windows in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So i had to to do a factory reset on my surface laptop 3. When it was almost finished it kept flashing the blue screen saying "your pc ran into a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/babygorilla90, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Trackpad and keyboard not working after re-installing windows

So i had to to do a factory reset on my surface laptop 3. When it was almost finished it kept flashing the blue screen saying "your pc ran into a problem, we'll restart it for you" it was trying to restart and it would just go on a loop all day. So what i did was downloaded the media creation tool onto an ssd. I put the ssd in and turned on the laptop and went through the set up. It installed fine but now the keyboard and mouse wont work.

Can anyone please help me ?

Thank you.

submitted by /u/babygorilla90
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/babygorilla90, Aug 2, 2020
  2. Mark Ole Win User

Keyboard and Trackpad Not Working

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you restore your computer to an earlier point in time.
    Restoring won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made.

Since you're unable to use the keyboard and trackpad to log in to Windows 10, access the recovery environment and run system restore. To do that, follow these steps:

• Use the installation media to access the recovery environment. If you don't have one, go to this

link
    • Connect the recovery drive and turn on your PC.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot, and then select an option. If you don’t see the Choose your option screen, your PC might not be set up to boot from a drive. Check your PC manufacturer’s
      website for info on how to change your PC’s boot order.
    • Restore from a system restore point by selecting Advanced Options > System Restore. This will remove recently installed apps, drivers, and updates that might be causing your PC problems, but it won’t affect your personal
      files.

Let us know how it goes after performing the steps.

Mark Ole, Aug 2, 2020
  3. UKdarren Win User
    Keyboard and Trackpad not working

Exact same problem for me too with Asus X502C Laptop. It happened immediately after the most recent Microsoft updates installed. Perfectly OK before, no laptop keyboard or trackpad working afterwards. External keyboard does not work, but external mouse does.

Exactly the same issue as previous contributor, therefore this can only be a software issue caused by the Microsoft update rather than a hardware issue.

Any suggestions please? Nothing I've tried so far makes any difference.

UKdarren, Aug 2, 2020
  4. Trackpad and keyboard not working after re-installing windows

laptop trackpad not working after windows 10 upgrade

the Toshiba website has no windows 10 listing of drivers for my model p50w-b00f (yet).

The trackpad on/off button does nothing.

note: the trackpad does work while booting. the little circle on black screen.

SueConaghty, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

Trackpad and keyboard not working after re-installing windows

1. Trackpad and keyboard not working after re-installing windows - Similar Threads - Trackpad keyboard working

2. Keyboard and trackpad not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard and trackpad not working: Hello, Recently, my keyboard and trackpad both stopped working at the same time. Rarely, if I restarted my laptop like 10 times, my keyboard and trackpad would work. Now I have to use an external keyboard and mouse. I have booted into bios and the keys still do not work. If...
  3. Keyboard and trackpad not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and trackpad not working: Hello, Recently, my keyboard and trackpad both stopped working at the same time. Rarely, if I restarted my laptop like 10 times, my keyboard and trackpad would work. Now I have to use an external keyboard and mouse. I have booted into bios and the keys still do not work. If...
  4. Keyboard and trackpad not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. After windows 10 re-install, mouse and keyboard doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After windows 10 re-install, mouse and keyboard doesn't work.: Windows had some bugs so I decided to reinstall windows and completely erase the harddrive windows 10 option, did not erase myself. After a LOOOOONNGGGG time, windows was uninstalled. So before re-installation, I am prompted with a blue screen asking me about my country,...
  6. Trackpad not working after attempting to install macOS?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trackpad not working after attempting to install macOS?: I tried installing macOS from my usb but it got stuck on ‘ voodooPS2Mouse ‘ something in the terminal then it shut down. It has not been installed but when I boot to the normal windows menu the trackpad doesn’t work anymore. Keyboard works fine but there’s no trackpad or...
  7. keyboard not working after re-install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    keyboard not working after re-install: I have just had a new hard drive installed on my laptop, re-installed Win 10, keyboard and touch pad are not working have checked under devise manager which said it was working properly. but it isnt!!!! PLEASE Help !...
  8. Keyboard and Trackpad stops working if windows updated

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard and Trackpad stops working if windows updated: I have HP X-360 touchscreen laptop with windows 10 installed, recently its display was broken and the touch started misbehaving so I disabled the touch screen from a local technician, now when I install window updates the keyboard and track pad stops working and I have to...
  9. Wireless trackpad and keyboard no longer working after Windows update

Wireless trackpad and keyboard no longer working after Windows update: I use Windows 10 on a Dell XPS 13 9370. I also have a Logitech T650 wireless trackpad and a Microsoft Sculpt keyboard. Everything was working fine until I installed some Windows updates last week. Now the keyboard suddenly gets stuck and repeats random keys from time to...
  10. Trackpad not working after installing drivers for said trackpad

Trackpad not working after installing drivers for said trackpad: This is from my reddit post about this issue i made a few hours ago: ' Issue 1: Touchpad not working Issue 2: TrackPoint not working Probable cause: Windows Insiders Preview build 18204 What I have tried: >Reinstalling drivers >Resetting the preview build >Reverting...