Windows 10: Trackpad being weird after updating to Win 11

Discus and support Trackpad being weird after updating to Win 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So about two months ago I updated my laptop to Win 11, for about a month nothing happened, but all of a sudden my trackpad starts glitching. Its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DeusEstMortuus, Mar 12, 2022.

1. Trackpad being weird after updating to Win 11

So about two months ago I updated my laptop to Win 11, for about a month nothing happened, but all of a sudden my trackpad starts glitching. Its sometimes slow, sometimes jumps, sometimes moves up and down by it self, and sometimes just doesn't work. However, my mouse acts per normal.I've checked the drivers, they're fine. I tried to download the new updates but it always says "update failed", I connected to ethernet and tried again. My trackpad works fine when I first open my laptop, but slowly gets worse the more I use it, but if I restart my laptop, it works fine again. I've checked my trac

:)

DeusEstMortuus, Mar 12, 2022
  2. noejavier Win User

trackpad not working

No. Because the troubleshooting guide on device manager wont even resolve my solution as it is also a basic and one of the primary steps to do but no avail. Tried installing powerplan7 and trackpad++ suggested by relentless on apple forums but with
    no success for me. Until now i can't use windows 10 installed on my macbook pro 15inch late 2008 because of the trackpad/touchpad failure.

noejavier, Mar 12, 2022
  3. Trackpad driver is constantly removed

Hi,

I understand the inconvenience caused.

Thank you for mentioning the different steps you have tried to resolve the issue, we appreciate your effort.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows key + X and select device manager.

2. Click "view" and select "show hidden devices".

3. If the trackpad driver is listed, right click on the driver and uninstall it.

4. Restart the computer and have Windows automatically install the driver upon restart.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Mar 12, 2022
  4. Trackpad being weird after updating to Win 11

Precision Trackpad Scrolling Broken Since Creators Update

This is a revival of
    this thread
    . It was locked for an unknown reason, despite the issue clearly still being relevant.

Ever since over a year ago when the initial Creators Update dropped, scrolling on precision trackpads has been a hot mess. The effects of the update include:

• Certain applications experience extreme stutter while scrolling with a precision trackpad(example). The graphics seem to only update when
      there is a decent break in between scroll events.
    • Applications such as Windows Explorer, Notepad, Notepad++, etc that would have normally scrolled line-by-line at a fast rate now scroll several lines at a time(depending on the value in Settings>Devices>Mouse) at a slow rate. This leads to much less precise
      scroll that you would expect from a precision trackpad. Windows Explorer has since been specifically fixed in the Fall Creators Update, but all other applications are left in the dust.

It's been said that the reason for these issues is due to precision trackpads now using mouse scroll events, in contrast to the previous method of directly manipulating scrollbars just as touchscreens do. While it does seem to make sense to use actual scroll
    events, the previous method of scrolling provided a vastly better experience.

This thread is meant to be both a question and a suggestion. The suggestion being to revert back to the old method of scrolling. The question being, is there any (even hacky) method to restore old precision trackpad scrolling functionality? It's been over
    a year now, and it's been thoroughly frustrating to not have any fix for this.

Brett Butcher, Mar 12, 2022
Thema:

Trackpad being weird after updating to Win 11

1. Trackpad being weird after updating to Win 11 - Similar Threads - Trackpad being weird

2. Trackpad issue-after July Win 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trackpad issue-after July Win 11 update: I have a HP pavillion 14dh1011tu,after the recent July updateOS version10.22622 my trackpad is not workingthe I2C HID driver is not working code 10I have checked many other solutions and HP also dont have suitable driver for this version...
  3. Trackpad issue-after July Win 11 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trackpad issue-after July Win 11 update: I have a HP pavillion 14dh1011tu,after the recent July updateOS version10.22622 my trackpad is not workingthe I2C HID driver is not working code 10I have checked many other solutions and HP also dont have suitable driver for this version...
  4. Weird Touchpad Bug Win 11

Weird Touchpad Bug Win 11: Previously there was a bug in my mouse that was flickering. but I managed to fix it by disabling the printscreen button. I tracked it down with carnac . But another problem came suddenly when carnac detected the "Lbutton OEM Clear" button which went crazy, as if it was being...
  5. Weird Touchpad Bug Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird Touchpad Bug Win 11: Previously there was a bug in my mouse that was flickering. but I managed to fix it by disabling the printscreen button. I tracked it down with carnac . But another problem came suddenly when carnac detected the "Lbutton OEM Clear" button which went crazy, as if it was being...
  6. Trackpad being weird after updating to Win 11

Trackpad being weird after updating to Win 11: So about two months ago I updated my laptop to Win 11, for about a month nothing happened, but all of a sudden my trackpad starts glitching. Its sometimes slow, sometimes jumps, sometimes moves up and down by it self, and sometimes just doesn't work. However, my mouse acts...
  7. Something weird happened after Win update

in Windows 10 Support
    Something weird happened after Win update: I check my Win version from time to time. I did the may update I believe from Blink's Tutorial, then my version was, Windows 10 Pro version 21H1 build 19043.928 Yesterday there was an update, I know from the look of my desktop. I hide all my icons and I have password manager...
  8. Windows being weird

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows being weird: So up until a week or so ago my windows was being pretty normal. then out of the blue my internet semi-breaks. semi-breaks because sites like YouTube continue to work normally (even looking up videos), but anything else will just stop. then since about 2 days my PC has...
  9. Random weird changes being done after windows update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Random weird changes being done after windows update: I recently updated my windows, when i was done, I went to watch some youtube videos, all of a sudden the task bar went to the side, I put it back, then minimized google to see that my desktop wallpaper changed to a picture of a rainbow doge saying ¨wow¨. which wasnt saved on...
  10. TrackPad Fingers Scrolling issue after latest Win 10 Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    TrackPad Fingers Scrolling issue after latest Win 10 Update: Issue: Track Pad Fingers 2 fingers Scrolling issue after latest Win 10 Update. Just after a Win 10 update for 'Asus Smart Gesture', the two finger scrolling is not working any more. Event logs below: Faulting application name: check_os.exe, version: 1.0.1.1, time...