Windows 10: Trackpad clicks when I release my finger

Discus and support Trackpad clicks when I release my finger in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; For the past 3 months on my laptop, the trackpad clicks automaticaly when I realease my finger. Not just on buttons or windows, but everywhere. How can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BatDePau, Nov 7, 2020.

1. Trackpad clicks when I release my finger

For the past 3 months on my laptop, the trackpad clicks automaticaly when I realease my finger. Not just on buttons or windows, but everywhere. How can I stop that ? Thank you

submitted by /u/BatDePau
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BatDePau, Nov 7, 2020

2. Mouse and trackpad will move, but not click

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

Please answer the following for us to assist you further:

What is the make and model of your computer?

Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the below link to troubleshoot with trackpad on Windows 10:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-touchpad-problems-in-windows-10

Method 1: I suggest you to run the hardware troubleshooter as below and check if it helps.

• Type in search bar as control panel.

• Then select troubleshooting.

• Click on hardware and sound option.

• Then click on “hardware and devices “and follow the on screen instructions.
    Method 2: Update the mouse drivers and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below to update the keyboard drivers

a. Press Windows key + X and select
    Device Manager.

b. Right-click on the mice, keyboard and game controllers
    and select Update Drivers.

c. Follow the prompted steps to complete updating the drivers.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Ruth Buruga, Nov 7, 2020
  3. Can't click Trackpad while typing

So this has been happening since I've got this laptop and when I play games like Minecraft or Fortnite the buttons on the trackpad (Left click and Right Click) don't work, this only happens when I press keys on the keyboard and use the trackpad at the
    same time. I can still drag my fingers on the trackpad just not click it. Please help.

AidenBarnard, Nov 7, 2020
  4. Trackpad clicks when I release my finger

Disable two-finger click for right click, but keep two-finger tap

Symptoms:

• Go into TouchPad settings and disable "Press the lower right corner of the touchpad to right click"
    • Also disable "Tap with two fingers to right click"

Then--while holding your tracking finger (e.g. middle finger) on the TouchPad, click with your clicking finger (e.g. index finger) and release. Observe it is interpreted as a right click, despite the disablements above.

At least it does now--as far as I can tell this is something that just happened in a recent Windows Update...on both a Surface Book and Lenovo Yoga 720. I haven't changed how I use the touchpad in any way. And for how my fingers work, it misfires very frequently...thinking my moving tracking finger not being fully lifted when clicking intends a right click menu. I see no way to disable this interpretation.

I'm fine using two-finger tap for right click. The non-configurable lower-right click region never works for how my hand is placed, so I've had to live with this for quite some time. But not this thing I assume must be new (because I never had trouble with it before, nor knew there was a "two-finger click"). Being sure to pull my tracking finger completely off the trackpad to completely clear it for the click is not something I can (or want) to retrain myself to do--too inefficient.

Can people confirm that this is the case on their machines too, and is there any way to disable "two-finger click for right click" and only enable "two-finger tap for right click"?

HostileFork, Nov 7, 2020
Thema:

Trackpad clicks when I release my finger

1. Trackpad clicks when I release my finger - Similar Threads - Trackpad clicks release

2. The right side of my trackpad doesn't click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The right side of my trackpad doesn't click: The right side of my trackpad doesnt click as deeply and it clicks really softly... now I'm not able to right click with it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-right-side-of-my-trackpad-doesnt-click/008907b3-b098-42eb-aaab-4f62e71f4684
  3. The right side of my trackpad doesn't click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The right side of my trackpad doesn't click: The right side of my trackpad doesnt click as deeply and it clicks really softly... now I'm not able to right click with it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-right-side-of-my-trackpad-doesnt-click/008907b3-b098-42eb-aaab-4f62e71f4684
  4. Alternative to right-clicking with trackpad

Alternative to right-clicking with trackpad: Hi --Just recently switched to a Windows laptop after having spent decades with Macintosh. I am used to using the control key in combination with clicking the track pad to do a right-click. Is there a way to set this same combination up in Windows 11?I've tried setting the...
  5. Trackpad doesn't sense finger slide anymore when logged in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trackpad doesn't sense finger slide anymore when logged in: Hello everyone,As of this morning, when I slide my finger on the trackpad, the cursor doesn't move. But if the cursor is positioned on a hyperlink and I tap on the trackpad, the browser opens the link.Also, weirder: when I reboot the system I must have done it a dozen times,...
  6. Trackpad doesn't sense finger slide anymore when logged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trackpad doesn't sense finger slide anymore when logged in: Hello everyone,As of this morning, when I slide my finger on the trackpad, the cursor doesn't move. But if the cursor is positioned on a hyperlink and I tap on the trackpad, the browser opens the link.Also, weirder: when I reboot the system I must have done it a dozen times,...
  7. Trackpad doesn't sense finger slide anymore when logged in

8. Two finger trackpad scrolling wont work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Two finger trackpad scrolling wont work: Hello, I recently restarted my laptop to wipe it clean and start fresh I had to boot using a USB. The two finger scroll on the track pad is not working anymore though, why is this? Can anyone help? Thank you, Sam...
  9. trackpad multi-clicking

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    trackpad multi-clicking: Hi All, I'm hoping someone can help me out. A while ago my computer did a Windows 10 update. (My computer was originally Windows 7 and was upgraded to 10). Before the update everything worked perfect. After the update my trackpad will often multiclick. Not the buttons, but...
  10. PLEASE !! disable "tap-click" on my trackpad.

in Windows 10 Customization
    PLEASE !! disable "tap-click" on my trackpad.: Vendor told me new Windows specifications now disable the ability to turn off "tap to click" on a Synaptics (or any other) trackpad. No doubt to make my very expensive notebook work even more like my cheap phone. however I travel a lot and "tap-click" makes it nearly...