Windows 10: Trackpad doesn't work when holding a key down

Discus and support Trackpad doesn't work when holding a key down in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; For some reason, whenever I type or hold a key down on my laptop, my trackpad isn't usable until I let go of the key. Normally this isn't that big of a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Spoo3, Dec 31, 2020.

1. /u/Spoo3 Win User

Trackpad doesn't work when holding a key down

For some reason, whenever I type or hold a key down on my laptop, my trackpad isn't usable until I let go of the key. Normally this isn't that big of a deal, but it makes it basically impossible to play games if where the trackpad and keys are both involved. Any idea if there's a way to change this?

submitted by /u/Spoo3
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Spoo3, Dec 31, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Trackpad doesn't work when holding a key down [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Dec 31, 2020
  3. jarek_565 Win User
    Windows 10 Education N, product key doesn`t work

hello

I download windows 10 Education N (polish) and I successfully installed it but the product key doesn`t work (0xc004f050)

what should I do with it?

jarek_565, Dec 31, 2020
  4. Trackpad doesn't work when holding a key down

Double Tap doesn`t work on Lumia 620

Hello,

Double Tap to wake doesn`t work at my Lumia 620. I have all on in settings but still doesn`t work. I`m pretty sure that in update AMBER or BLACK this function works properly. But after DENIM update doesn`t. Maybe you are planning some update for this future
    ?

Thanks

Mariusz

MariuszBluma, Dec 31, 2020
Thema:

Trackpad doesn't work when holding a key down

1. Trackpad doesn't work when holding a key down - Similar Threads - Trackpad doesn't holding

2. When I hold down the control key, the spacebar doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I hold down the control key, the spacebar doesn't work.: I'm on Windows 11 and after quite a bit of research, I can't find much on this topic. The issue only happens when the control key is held down, not the shift or any other key. This happens globally and is not just in one app. Also, I am on the latest drivers for my device....
  3. When I hold down the control key, the spacebar doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I hold down the control key, the spacebar doesn't work.: I'm on Windows 11 and after quite a bit of research, I can't find much on this topic. The issue only happens when the control key is held down, not the shift or any other key. This happens globally and is not just in one app. Also, I am on the latest drivers for my device....
  4. Spacebar doesn't work when holding down the control button.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spacebar doesn't work when holding down the control button.: My spacebar does not work when holding down the control button. This happens on all keyboards I use, including my laptop keyboard, an external USB keyboard and an external wireless bluetooth keyboard. I have tried restarting the system, uninstalling all keyboard drivers,...
  5. Spacebar doesn't work when holding down the control button.

Spacebar doesn't work when holding down the control button.: My spacebar does not work when holding down the control button. This happens on all keyboards I use, including my laptop keyboard, an external USB keyboard and an external wireless bluetooth keyboard. I have tried restarting the system, uninstalling all keyboard drivers,...
  6. Touchpad Doesn't Work When I hold A Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad Doesn't Work When I hold A Key: No.1Touchpad Doesn't Work When I Hold Or Click a KeyNo.2I Can't Experience The Stuff I Work On Because Of ItNo.3I Brought A Mouse Instead Of The Touchpad But I Need The Touchpad Since It Has More FeaturesTell Me How To Fix, Stuff I Don't Have:PalmcheckMy PC:Edition Windows 10...
  7. Touchpad Doesn't Work When I hold A Key

Touchpad Doesn't Work When I hold A Key: No.1Touchpad Doesn't Work When I Hold Or Click a KeyNo.2I Can't Experience The Stuff I Work On Because Of ItNo.3I Brought A Mouse Instead Of The Touchpad But I Need The Touchpad Since It Has More FeaturesTell Me How To Fix, Stuff I Don't Have:PalmcheckMy PC:Edition Windows 10...
  8. touchpad doesnt work when i hold a key down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    touchpad doesnt work when i hold a key down: my touchpad stops moving if I press any key I cant play any games https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-doesnt-work-when-i-hold-a-key-down/7ea444e8-a8bb-4619-9585-db7cb13a5c7a
  9. Mouse not working when holding down a key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse not working when holding down a key: I have three mice that all have this same problem, so I think this is a fault on my laptop (this also happens with the touchpad). Whenever I hold down a key for some reason, laptop will not register any right/left clicks. I've tried restarting, updating the drivers and I'm...
  10. Shift key not working when holding down a key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Shift key not working when holding down a key: Hello, I got a new pc today and i realised i couldnt sprint properly in any games. I changed keyboards thinking that was the problem but I still wasnt able to sprint. When holding down a key and I press shift, the key i was holding will stop typing and nothing happens. I...