Windows 10: Trackpad doesn't work when waking from sleep

Discus and support Trackpad doesn't work when waking from sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Often when I wake my laptop from sleep, my trackpad stops working. I've enabled ctrl to show where the cursor is, and it does not move. The trackpoint... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by RichardLi_456, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Trackpad doesn't work when waking from sleep

Often when I wake my laptop from sleep, my trackpad stops working. I've enabled ctrl to show where the cursor is, and it does not move. The trackpoint does not work either. In "ELAN Trackpoint for..." it shows the trackpoint as off with the toggle greyed out. After multiple restarts, the trackpoint disappears from Settings in Devices, and the keyboard stops working but the FN keys might still work. After multiple more restarts, things usually go back to normal until the device goes to sleep. My touchscreen and stylus still work as normal. I've tried updating drivers in Device Manager, which did not find any available updates. USB mice do work as normal, but I often need to use the trackpad. What should I do to fix this?

:)

RichardLi_456, Jul 16, 2020
  2. Nick89 Win User

No internet when computer wakes from sleep mode

No Internet when computer wakes from sleep mode or from cold start until I disable the Local area connection and then enable it.

When I run the diagnostic after it fixes the connection it says this: Local Area connection doesn't have a valid IP configuration - Fixed

But its not fixed. Every time I wake my computer up from sleep mode after its been in sleep mode for a few hours I have to disable and then enable the Local area connection.

When the computer wakes up it has a yellow triangle warning of limited or no internet access. So I have to do the above every time I wake it up.

Things I've done so far: Update drivers, No fix.

Nick89, Jul 16, 2020
  3. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 16, 2020
  4. Trackpad doesn't work when waking from sleep

Waking from sleep mode

Hi Kenneth,

For us to narrow down your concern with waking up your computer from sleep mode, we would like to know the following:

• Aside from Windows Update. were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Is this the first time you experienced the issue?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Send us a screenshot of your screen when you wake up your computer from sleep mode.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jul 16, 2020
Thema:

Trackpad doesn't work when waking from sleep

1. Trackpad doesn't work when waking from sleep - Similar Threads - Trackpad doesn't waking

2. PC doesn't wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC doesn't wake up from sleep: I have an iBuyPower pre-built desktop gaming PC that I bought late last year. Recently it's been having a problem. Whenever it goes to sleep, and when I try waking it up, it will act like it's waking up In the sense that the fan will spin up and the power LED goes steady...
  3. Mic doesn't work after PC wakes from sleep.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mic doesn't work after PC wakes from sleep.: For some reason, my Blue Yeti mic doesn't work after my PC wakes from sleep mode. I have to unplug and re plug it for it to work. It's a standard Blue Yeti. I also get no sound from it because my headphones are plugged into it for the monitoring. A fix would be greatly...
  4. Trackpad not working after login or when laptop wakes up from sleep.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trackpad not working after login or when laptop wakes up from sleep.: Many a times, my laptop trackpad and even my external mouse is not responsive just after login or when it wakes up from sleep. I have to either restart it or lock it and then sign in again to get trackpad working. After restarting trackpad works completely fine. I have...
  5. Trackpad doesn't work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trackpad doesn't work: When I log into my PC after using it via the RD Client from my android, the trackpad doesn't work. This wasn't the case before I updated it to the 1909 version of windows. Any possible fix?? submitted by /u/aryalktm [link] [comments]...
  6. Trackpad doesn't work

Trackpad doesn't work: I have a Acer E5-411 and recently updated to windows 10. After updating the trackpad stopped working and the trackpad isn't even displayed in device manager. I tried to download the driver from Acers website but it didn't work....
  7. Sometimes laptop doesn't wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sometimes laptop doesn't wake from sleep: I have an Acer Aspire E15. Sporadically, the laptop doesn't wake when I open the lid. I can hear it starts to buzz but the display won't turn on. I have to hard reset it via holding the power button. Any help appreciated!...
  8. Computer wakes up from sleep, doesn't go to sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer wakes up from sleep, doesn't go to sleep: My kids laptop. Completely messed when it comes to sleeping. It will not go to sleep on its own despite having the power options set the same as all my others. Display doesn't even go off. So we manually put it to sleep. That worked for a while but now it wakes up on its own....
  9. BSOD When Waking from Sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD When Waking from Sleep: Just built a new computer. All of the drives and the Windows installation is the same as in the old system. I don't know if the issue would have occurred in the old system as I never tried to put my computer to sleep. I was getting one BSOD when waking from sleep (something...
  10. Odd mouse//trackpad issue after waking from sleep

Odd mouse//trackpad issue after waking from sleep: HI I have noticed on two occasions now when I wake the notebook from sleep the mouse pointer stays over the left hand lower corner and the menus keep flashing up as if it is pressing the button but the pointer/trackpad is unresponsive... after a couple of minutes it is OK...