Windows 10: Trackpad Issues (Windows 10, Synaptics)

Discus and support Trackpad Issues (Windows 10, Synaptics) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello all, Ive got some troubles with my new laptop which I cant seem to solve. For some reason I cant type and click at the same time, like when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CrispyBacon, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Trackpad Issues (Windows 10, Synaptics)

Hello all,

Ive got some troubles with my new laptop which I cant seem to solve.

For some reason I cant type and click at the same time, like when I use the WASD keys and use the trackpad clicker simultaneously in games. (NOTE, this is the case when browsing or whatever as well)
    The issue presides when I've got my external mouse plugged in and using that, but I was really looking foward to doing some casual gaming when im travelling and what not, and would rather not use an external mouse, but right now its more or less impossible. After trying tons of stuff out I figured out a quick solution to this problem, by constantly holding down the left CTRL button, but this is of course super uncomfortable and just making me even more frustrated that I cant just find a fix for it all together.

Spent a good couple of hours trying to figure it out with loads of google searches but none of the suggested solutions work (the most common tip being to disable the 'Palm Check Threshold' option in the Advanced tab in the Synpatics Control Panel, which does absolutely nothing) and trying to find the 'Click Delay' options which apparently is nowhere to be found in the current version of Windows 10 (sigh)

Has anyone els had these issues and know what the fix is for synaptics and windows 10?

And yes before you ask I've tried reinstallating several drivers, both current and past, but this particular thing does not change.

Hope someone could help me out
    Trackpad Issues (Windows 10, Synaptics) [​IMG]

:)

CrispyBacon, Jun 19, 2017
  2. Bill Lim Win User

Windows Update Keep Installing Synaptics Driver on my Non-Synaptics Dell XPS 15z

Hi all,

So for some reason, Windows Update keeps automatically installing the Synaptics trackpad driver on my old Dell XPS 15z that's running Windows 10 Pro even though the laptop has a Cypress trackpad and the driver for it is already installed. The Synaptics driver
    breaks the multi-finger gestures and functionalities of the trackpad. I tried manually just uninstalling the driver but Windows Update just automatically reinstalls it at a later point. How do I override Windows Update for this?

Bill

Bill Lim, Jun 19, 2017
  3. Mauroskov Win User
    Trackpad not working and disappeared from Device Manager

Actually, now the problem has happened again. No trackpad, no mouse arrow!

I closed the computer screen and the PC went into sleep mode, and when I reactivated it... the same issue!

Synaptic (the Lenovo trackpad software) is installed, but no mouse. I tried to reinstall it, restarted the computer, but nothing!

Please help!

Mauroskov, Jun 19, 2017
Thema:

Trackpad Issues (Windows 10, Synaptics)

1. Trackpad Issues (Windows 10, Synaptics) - Similar Threads - Trackpad Issues Synaptics

2. Trackpad issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trackpad issue: I have a Dell 3515 laptop just bought last year but just after 1 month my laptop cursor is shaking and sometimes freezing it is so erratic I have replaced the trackpad also but the issue persist and it comes after every windows cumulative update so pls help me...
  3. Trackpad issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trackpad issue: I have a Dell 3515 laptop just bought last year but just after 1 month my laptop cursor is shaking and sometimes freezing it is so erratic I have replaced the trackpad also but the issue persist and it comes after every windows cumulative update so pls help me...
  4. issue synaptic ponting device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    issue synaptic ponting device: Recently I was getting a process in the taskmgr, called 'Synaptics Pointing Device Driver'.I have no idea what is it, plus i don't think I have anything related to Synaptics.My files are also getting infected with it. If I run an infected file, it will create a file...
  5. issue synaptic ponting device

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    issue synaptic ponting device: Recently I was getting a process in the taskmgr, called 'Synaptics Pointing Device Driver'.I have no idea what is it, plus i don't think I have anything related to Synaptics.My files are also getting infected with it. If I run an infected file, it will create a file...
  6. My Trackpad quit working on Windows 10 with Synaptic trackpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Trackpad quit working on Windows 10 with Synaptic trackpad: I keep my computer installed with the latest Windows 10 update. Now my trackpad has quit working and I just installed an update today. Driver is there and I tried to update, but won't since it's current. I need to have the trackpad work. In the thread for this problem, it...
  7. Trackpad/mouse issues

Trackpad/mouse issues: Ok, so this all started after i factory reset my computer. On Windows 10, the settings have mouse settings, and relate to mouse settings, which would be great, but i have a trackpad, and not a mouse. This is a pain because i cant right click. Any fixes?...
  8. Issues with app and trackpad

Issues with app and trackpad: Suddenly the Grover Podcast app stopped working. A window pops up reding "Can't play. An unknown error occurred while trying to play episode. 0xC00D4E85." Also, down where the episode is supposed to be playing it reads "Error: Unsupported video type or invalid file path" I...
  9. windows 10 mouse and trackpad sensitivity issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 mouse and trackpad sensitivity issues: I have worked out "Window 10 mouse - trackpad being too Sensitive." Stopping the auto click. 1. Go to "Mouse Properties" 2. Click on "Pad Settings" 3. Double click "Smart Sense" 4. Move all the posters to the "Off" position. It has taken a long time to see this as...
  10. Latest updated Synaptics touchpad driver kills my trackpad - help!

Latest updated Synaptics touchpad driver kills my trackpad - help!: I am running the latest build of Windows 10 (build 10240). Now that release date is coming driver updates are arriving for my laptop (Acer ES1-111M). One of which is for the Synaptics touchpad. When I apply this driver and restart my laptop the trackpad no longer works and...