Windows 10: Trackpad mouse jumps around while clicking on Surface Book 2

Discus and support Trackpad mouse jumps around while clicking on Surface Book 2 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello. I've been using my Surface Book 2 for a few weeks, and ever since the first day I've been experiencing this weird jumping glitch with my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by njdesanctis, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Trackpad mouse jumps around while clicking on Surface Book 2

Hello. I've been using my Surface Book 2 for a few weeks, and ever since the first day I've been experiencing this weird jumping glitch with my trackpad mouse. It only seems to occur when I click something and quickly shift my mouse. Instead of the pointer moving, it just simply jumps about an inch and a half away from where I had originally had it pointed (this constantly leads to misclicks, closing out of applications, clicking the wrong search result, etc.) It doesn't jump if I were to leave it alone, just when I am mid-click.

I've tried restarting my device, changing the trackpad settings, and even wiping the device completely.

It does not have to do with resting my palm on the trackpad, and I would still want to use the touchscreen (most forums I have read before posting this involve disabling the touchscreen, but even this solution did not work despite wanting to actually use the touchscreen). Furthermore, this only seems to be a problem with the trackpad mouse. External mice seem to work fine and do not experience this glitch.

I'm not that familiar with Windows 10, so any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

:)

njdesanctis, Mar 10, 2019
  2. g41851 Win User

Surface Book 2 trackpad ridiculously sensitive

I have a Surface Book 2 and the trackpad is ridiculously sensitive on it. A lot of people seem to be having this problem too as there are threads on the Microsoft community about it with no real answers.

Everything is up to date as far as Windows updates are concerned. I don't use an external mouse and I have the sensitivity of the trackpad set to low.

I'm wondering if anyone here experienced this issue and were able to solve it?

I have done all the diagnostic tests suggested by Microsoft, such as the Surface Diagnostic Test, and there are no problems with my computer.

g41851, Mar 10, 2019
  3. Trackpad Scrolling Problems In Creators Update - continued on a new Surface Book 2 15"

April 2018 with a brand new surface book 2 15" its not solved. Eclipse and other tools are lagging while scrolling when using the trackpad. Also the trackpad is not reliable.. sometimes two-finger clicks works, sometimes not. Sometimes using ctrl and a mouse
    click to open a new tab is not working. etc.

In Chrome its not possible to use gestures at all... ????

All in all a very frustrating experience. Is it possible to get a helpful answer on this? Helpful in the sense not to tell to install new drivers (its a brand laptop which comes from microsoft. total control under microsoft...), do a reset and this kind
    of weird tips.

sichtfahrt, Mar 10, 2019
  4. Trackpad mouse jumps around while clicking on Surface Book 2

Mouse and trackpad will move, but not click

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

Please answer the following for us to assist you further:

What is the make and model of your computer?

Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the below link to troubleshoot with trackpad on Windows 10:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-touchpad-problems-in-windows-10

Method 1: I suggest you to run the hardware troubleshooter as below and check if it helps.

• Type in search bar as control panel.

• Then select troubleshooting.

• Click on hardware and sound option.

• Then click on “hardware and devices “and follow the on screen instructions.
    Method 2: Update the mouse drivers and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below to update the keyboard drivers

a. Press Windows key + X and select
    Device Manager.

b. Right-click on the mice, keyboard and game controllers
    and select Update Drivers.

c. Follow the prompted steps to complete updating the drivers.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Ruth Buruga, Mar 10, 2019
Thema:

Trackpad mouse jumps around while clicking on Surface Book 2

1. Trackpad mouse jumps around while clicking on Surface Book 2 - Similar Threads - Trackpad mouse jumps

2. cursur in mouse jumping around

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cursur in mouse jumping around: I am using vs code insider and i found that the mouse cursor jumps back to the previous line and i have also encontered this problem in vs code but in any other programmes on windows 10 pc. please help to solve this problem.thank youedmond januaryemail *** Email address is...
  3. cursur in mouse jumping around

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cursur in mouse jumping around: I am using vs code insider and i found that the mouse cursor jumps back to the previous line and i have also encontered this problem in vs code but in any other programmes on windows 10 pc. please help to solve this problem.thank youedmond januaryemail *** Email address is...
  4. MOUSE JUMPS AROUND

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MOUSE JUMPS AROUND: I've been experiencing a laggy mouse for 2 weeks now I've tries many solutions i found online n they dont work ,please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-jumps-around/60c2a60e-5c85-4979-b6df-91ba6bb348dd
  5. mouse makes screen jump. mouse IS NOT jumping around!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mouse makes screen jump. mouse IS NOT jumping around!: THIS IS NOT A CASE OF THE MOUSE JUMPING. i can move it within a 1"x1" area and all sorts of movement on the screen happens. mouse makes screen jump, scroll, select. WAIT the mouse IS NOT jumping around! It makes the screen & menus jump as if I Clicked. i've changed...
  6. Mouse pointer jumping around while playing rust

Mouse pointer jumping around while playing rust: Hey!When im trying to upgrade thing on rust,my cursor goes from far left to far right in just 1 millisecond.Is there any fix for this is so disturbing!...
  7. Mouse Jumping around

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse Jumping around: While I have tried getting help online none of it has helped so far from uninstalling drivers, disabling touchpad, using different mouses (ihome, ibuypower, and logitech g), updating, no matter what they never helped and I before a week or two ago I never noticed this. I...
  8. Trackpad on Surface Book 2 w/ 1903 update

Trackpad on Surface Book 2 w/ 1903 update: Hello, Have a user's trackpad that has had huge issues since 1903 was installed, i did a double check of the trackpad drivers and it's stating an Intel driver from 2006 is the best one. I just applied the Surface Book 2 Driver and Firmware package yesterday (I had applied...
  9. Surface Book 2 Keyboard/Trackpad - constantly conking out

Surface Book 2 Keyboard/Trackpad - constantly conking out: Hi, I had this problem last year before, and managed to fix it, but it appears to be back. The keyboard and trackpad randomly stop working for a few seconds at a time, this can be just 5 seconds, or half a minute. I managed to fix this last time by rolling back an update,...
  10. Surface Book 2 trackpad ridiculously sensitive

Surface Book 2 trackpad ridiculously sensitive: I have a Surface Book 2 and the trackpad is ridiculously sensitive on it. A lot of people seem to be having this problem too as there are threads on the Microsoft community about it with no real answers. Everything is up to date as far as Windows updates are concerned. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface book mouse jumps

2. surface arc mouse jumping sleep

3. lasptop mouse bouncers around when i click on it

4. surfacebook trackpad jumping around