Windows 10: Trackpad / Mouse moves to upper right corner, freezes for about 30 min

Discus and support Trackpad / Mouse moves to upper right corner, freezes for about 30 min in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello TenForums... I'm new here, but not new to Windows :-) That being said, I have the strangest laptop behavior I've ever witnessed in all my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by djjohnthomas, Jun 12, 2016.

1. Trackpad / Mouse moves to upper right corner, freezes for about 30 min

Hello TenForums... I'm new here, but not new to Windows Trackpad / Mouse moves to upper right corner, freezes for about 30 min :)

That being said, I have the strangest laptop behavior I've ever witnessed in all my years.

I recently bought the new Vaio Z Flip 16gb RAM 512GB SSD i7 Skylake laptop. LOVE it.

I dj every night. And for the first 2 nights, the vaio clipping tool would launch, repeatedly, in concert with OneNote. (the built-in OneNote, not Office version) I had no control, and could do nothing. Even restarting... So i restarted in safe mode, and uninstalled the vaio clipping tool. This resolved part of the problem, because even though OneNote would still launch on its' own, I was and am using a dj controller that would still allow me to use mty dj software. Eventually, after about 30 minutes, I could regain use of my trackpad. And that would be the end of the issue. But it would repeat every night.

I was unable / unaware of uninstalling OneNote. But after a few days of research, I learned how to uninstall OneNote. However, it reinstalls itself. So that trick went out the window... besides which, the trackpad would STILL freeze. Now the issue was only occuring at 10:47pm. and resolving itself at around 11:15pm.

After MANY communications with the DJ software company (serato) and the dj controller manufacturer (pioneer) with NO resolution, I decided to go buy a different controller, different brand. This issue ONLY happened at night, and I could not reproduce the same problem if I tried to dj during the day... so that is another strange factor.

The new equipment netted the exact same issue. So that ruled out hardware. But now I noticed something I did not catch before in the event viewer... OneNote was unable to register. I'm on a cruise ship, and having a constant internet connection is ... impossible. So, the next day, I did everything in my power to register OneNote. But it would not register... Finally, I went to msconfig, and deactivated all startup services and software aside from Microsoft. NOW I was able to register OneNote, AND that night I finally was able to DJ without ANY problems! So I thought I had finally resolved the problem. The next night, I was also free and clear of problems. But LAST night, the same problem came back. OneNote did not launch, but the trackpad went to the upper left corner, and was frenetically trying to do something or move... (i didn't have an internet connection, as usual)

I did not catch anything interesting in the event logs, but there was an event ID logon... that is the only thing that corresponded with the time of the trackpad problem.

I have ran sfc /scannow... and it found problems it could not fix. I then ran DISM... it could not repair. But I know that sfc and DISM is not 100% reliable...

I don't know what to do. VAIO has not replied to ANY requests for help. Can anyone help? I could not attach the sfc scan log... it's too big

:)

djjohnthomas, Jun 12, 2016
  2. Rob Koch Win User

Malware? Mouse moves to upper right quadrant and auto clicks

Shawn,

Out of curiosity, had you tried carefully cleaning not only the touchscreen surface with a clean soft cloth as well as using it to clean around the edges of the screen where it meets the frame of the device?

I know that my own smartphone display had displayed similar false pressing issues when I'd installed a screen protector slightly off center, which resulted in it causing slight pressure in an area of the screen nearby. This wasn't really obvious initially
    until I removed the protector and the problem disappeared.

In your case I doubt you've got a similar protector in place, but if those devices have a small gap between the display edge and frame then some small piece of dirt or even a long past liquid spill or residue on your hands might have gotten into that crevice
    causing sideways pressure on the touchscreen surface itself.

Though damage to the touchscreen surface due to an accident or simply heavy use could obviously cause such an issue, there'd usually be some sign of this as either a dent or a scratch and unless others use your device you'd likely already be aware if this
    had happened.

I wouldn't personally give up until I'd tried a careful cleaning though, since it's not something most take the time to try until they've seen the results themselves and understand how sensitive these modern devices can be to such apparently minor surface
    effects.

Rob

Rob Koch, Jun 12, 2016
  3. Malware? Mouse moves to upper right quadrant and auto clicks

Bruxe,

My issue is back. I have downloaded nothing new.

You mention more tools available.

Can you point me to those tools?

SHAWNBLOOMER, Jun 12, 2016
Thema:

Trackpad / Mouse moves to upper right corner, freezes for about 30 min

1. Trackpad / Mouse moves to upper right corner, freezes for about 30 min - Similar Threads - Trackpad Mouse moves

2. Mouse pointer moving to the top left or right corner of the screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse pointer moving to the top left or right corner of the screen: When going fullscreen in a game which requires using mouse as aim the mouse cursor moves up to top right or left corner of screen when i press esc or open menu ingame...
  3. Mouse pointer moving to the top left or right corner of the screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse pointer moving to the top left or right corner of the screen: When going fullscreen in a game which requires using mouse as aim the mouse cursor moves up to top right or left corner of screen when i press esc or open menu ingame...
  4. Command prompt always opens in the upper right corner

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Command prompt always opens in the upper right corner: How the hell do you get it to open in the same place that it was last closed? submitted by /u/zeroedit [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/13jr97g/command_prompt_always_opens_in_the_upper_right/
  5. Mouse Curser moving diagonally up and over to the upper right hand corner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Curser moving diagonally up and over to the upper right hand corner: I have seen that other people have had this same/similar question. After reading some of the answers I was able to try a few things to get it to stop but I do not feel I have a solution to my problem.I have a Dell XPS 8900 Desktop that runs Win 10 Pro and I have been very...
  6. Mouse moves to right corner and clicks infinitely in a locked position

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse moves to right corner and clicks infinitely in a locked position: Hello whoever reads this message I recently got a problem with my cursor. When I open my computer and start using the cursor as usual within a few minutes of using my laptop my cursor jumps to the top right corner of the screen sometimes I can use my touch screen to continue...
  7. mouse pointer stuck in upper right corner, is there any solution?

mouse pointer stuck in upper right corner, is there any solution?: Hi, Recently mouse pointer stuck in the upper right corner, I am not sure if I am hacked or there is a conflict somewhere. Has anyone experienced this? is there any solution? Thanks Matt...
  8. pointer jumps to upper right corner

pointer jumps to upper right corner: My computer is a Surface Book 3 running the latest version of Windows 10. The pointer just started jumping to the upper right corner of the screen. It happens with the Arc Mouse or with the touch pad. If I disconnect the screen from the keyboard the mouse work fine, no...
  9. Cursor jumps to upper right hand corner

Cursor jumps to upper right hand corner: I have a Toshiba laptop and use external, wireless keyboard and mouse with larger monitor. Occasionally, the cursor jumps to the upper right hand corner and I'm stuck; it easily corrects by opening and closing the laptop lid -albeit a minor burr but a burr. I've recently...
  10. Crashes/Freezes with in 30 mins!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crashes/Freezes with in 30 mins!!!: So everytime I log into windows 10 (10041) it crashes, but not immediately only after a period of time. Ive tryed to time it and it seams to be almost random.. I check the task manager and it says my performance is running fine. PLEASE NOTE that this did not happen on the...