Windows 10: trackpad multi-clicking

Discus and support trackpad multi-clicking in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi All, I'm hoping someone can help me out. A while ago my computer did a Windows 10 update. (My computer was originally Windows 7 and was upgraded to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/EQL2006a, Feb 9, 2021.

1. trackpad multi-clicking

Hi All, I'm hoping someone can help me out. A while ago my computer did a Windows 10 update. (My computer was originally Windows 7 and was upgraded to 10). Before the update everything worked perfect. After the update my trackpad will often multiclick. Not the buttons, but when I tap the actual trackpad. It clicks like 9 or 10 times. I drive rolling back the driver and reinstalling the trackpad driver from Toshiba's website, but it still happens. I'm 99% sure it was caused by the update as it never happened before that.

Can anyone think of a solution to this, other than not tapping the trackpad and using the actual buttons?Thanks for your help.

*Edit* its a Toshiba Z930 running Windows Home

also to clarify, my computer was running Windows 10 fine for over a year before this issue after the update

submitted by /u/EQL2006a
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/EQL2006a, Feb 9, 2021

2. my trackpad multi-finger gesture is not working

my trackpad multi-finger gesture is not working

SanniOfuje, Feb 9, 2021
  3. Mouse and trackpad will move, but not click

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

Please answer the following for us to assist you further:

What is the make and model of your computer?

Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the below link to troubleshoot with trackpad on Windows 10:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-touchpad-problems-in-windows-10

Method 1: I suggest you to run the hardware troubleshooter as below and check if it helps.

• Type in search bar as control panel.

• Then select troubleshooting.

• Click on hardware and sound option.

• Then click on “hardware and devices “and follow the on screen instructions.
    Method 2: Update the mouse drivers and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below to update the keyboard drivers

a. Press Windows key + X and select
    Device Manager.

b. Right-click on the mice, keyboard and game controllers
    and select Update Drivers.

c. Follow the prompted steps to complete updating the drivers.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Ruth Buruga, Feb 9, 2021
  4. trackpad multi-clicking

Trackpad driver is constantly removed

Hi,

I understand the inconvenience caused.

Thank you for mentioning the different steps you have tried to resolve the issue, we appreciate your effort.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows key + X and select device manager.

2. Click "view" and select "show hidden devices".

3. If the trackpad driver is listed, right click on the driver and uninstall it.

4. Restart the computer and have Windows automatically install the driver upon restart.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Feb 9, 2021
Thema:

trackpad multi-clicking

1. trackpad multi-clicking - Similar Threads - trackpad multi clicking

2. Trackpad right-click not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trackpad right-click not working: The Trackpad right click does not work when I am in games and when i press the right side of my trackpad it presses the left click. However when I am not in a game and press the left or right click it works perfectly. I have the same issue in multiple different games Any help...
  3. Trackpad right-click not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trackpad right-click not working: The Trackpad right click does not work when I am in games and when i press the right side of my trackpad it presses the left click. However when I am not in a game and press the left or right click it works perfectly. I have the same issue in multiple different games Any help...
  4. Mouse and trackpad clicks not registering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse and trackpad clicks not registering: I was using my laptop yesterday watching Netflix and it was working perfectly fine and then I had to go do something so I paused it, and shut my laptop. Came back a couple hours later and it’s frozen on the Netflix screen not taking any inputs so I shut it off. However when I...
  5. Mouse and trackpad clicks not registering

Mouse and trackpad clicks not registering: I was using my laptop yesterday watching Netflix and it was working perfectly fine and then I had to go do something so I paused it, and shut my laptop. Came back a couple hours later and it’s frozen on the Netflix screen not taking any inputs so I shut it off. However when I...
  6. Alternative to right-clicking with trackpad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alternative to right-clicking with trackpad: Hi --Just recently switched to a Windows laptop after having spent decades with Macintosh. I am used to using the control key in combination with clicking the track pad to do a right-click. Is there a way to set this same combination up in Windows 11?I've tried setting the...
  7. Alternative to right-clicking with trackpad

Alternative to right-clicking with trackpad: Hi --Just recently switched to a Windows laptop after having spent decades with Macintosh. I am used to using the control key in combination with clicking the track pad to do a right-click. Is there a way to set this same combination up in Windows 11?I've tried setting the...
  8. Holding Right Click on Windows 11 With Trackpad

Holding Right Click on Windows 11 With Trackpad: I recently received a Predator Helios 300 I was previously a Mac owner, I'm new to Microsoft and have been tweaking some stuff and was wondering, is there any way to make it so that you can hold right-click instead of only being able to click it with a built-in trackpad? I...
  9. Multi Clicking on Single mouse input.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multi Clicking on Single mouse input.: So I've tried a few things already, uninstalling mouse drivers and restarting computer, unplugging and replugging my mouse, lowering double click speed.Had previously found a few results on this issue but everything they recommended did not fix the problem.Its worth noting...
  10. Trackpad tap to click, disable dragging

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trackpad tap to click, disable dragging: So since my trackpad is trash I had to enable this and it's likeable, my issue with this is that if I tap 2 times in a "short" time on a chrome tab, for instance, it will start dragging it and its really annoying. Basically I want it to register a click, but not remembering...