Windows 10: Trackpad not working on Windows 10

Discus and support Trackpad not working on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I got a acer computer than runs Windows 10 for Christmas, but suddenly the trackpad stopped working. Currently I am using an animating pad to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Chickalo, Dec 26, 2020.

1. Chickalo Win User

Trackpad not working on Windows 10

I got a acer computer than runs Windows 10 for Christmas, but suddenly the trackpad stopped working. Currently I am using an animating pad to navigate, but when I try to use the trackpad, the cursor doesn't appear. I've tried restarting, updating, changing it, but nothing works.

:)

Chickalo, Dec 26, 2020

2. laptop trackpad not working after windows 10 upgrade

the Toshiba website has no windows 10 listing of drivers for my model p50w-b00f (yet).

The trackpad on/off button does nothing.

note: the trackpad does work while booting. the little circle on black screen.

SueConaghty, Dec 26, 2020
  3. noejavier Win User
    trackpad not working

No. Because the troubleshooting guide on device manager wont even resolve my solution as it is also a basic and one of the primary steps to do but no avail. Tried installing powerplan7 and trackpad++ suggested by relentless on apple forums but with
    no success for me. Until now i can't use windows 10 installed on my macbook pro 15inch late 2008 because of the trackpad/touchpad failure.

noejavier, Dec 26, 2020
  4. ScotGill Win User

Trackpad stops working 5 minutes after starting up computer (Windows 10)

I have the same issue on a Toshiba Satellite S55t-B5152 laptop. The touchpad worked in Windows 8.1. After the upgrade to Windows 10, the trackpad functions at the login screen and for the first minute or so after logging into Windows. After that, nothing.

The touchscreen works, as will a USB mouse, but I much prefer the trackpad. I tried the suggestions listed by the Microsoft engineer in the other reply, but they did not work.

Any other suggestions?

ScotGill, Dec 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Trackpad not working on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Trackpad working

2. My trackpad stopped working and I dont know what else to do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My trackpad stopped working and I dont know what else to do: Hi, Last night I was using my laptop with a mouse plugged in and realized after I unplugged the mouse that my touchpad is not working, I tried everything like resetting the touchpad settings, and I think I uninstalled the drivers right too. Im wondering what else I can do,...
  3. My trackpad stopped working and I dont know what else to do

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My trackpad stopped working and I dont know what else to do: Hi, Last night I was using my laptop with a mouse plugged in and realized after I unplugged the mouse that my touchpad is not working, I tried everything like resetting the touchpad settings, and I think I uninstalled the drivers right too. Im wondering what else I can do,...
  4. Why did the wireless keyboard trackpad stop working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did the wireless keyboard trackpad stop working?: i have a wireless keyboard with a trackpad. turned the PC on today the trackpad isn't working and no cursor. bought it the keyboard a couple of weeks ago. was working fine until today. The keyboard Ritek doesn't appear by name in the device manager and neither does the...
  5. Why did the wireless keyboard trackpad stop working?

Why did the wireless keyboard trackpad stop working?: i have a wireless keyboard with a trackpad. turned the PC on today the trackpad isn't working and no cursor. bought it the keyboard a couple of weeks ago. was working fine until today. The keyboard Ritek doesn't appear by name in the device manager and neither does the...
  6. Why did the wireless keyboard trackpad stop working?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Black login screen, keyboard and trackpad not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black login screen, keyboard and trackpad not working: Hello,I am having a problem where occasionally, when I open the lid of my laptop, the screen is completely black except for the Windows Hello facial recognition indicator and the cursor. Usually the trackpad and keyboard don't work except for some of the function keys....
  8. Black login screen, keyboard and trackpad not working

Black login screen, keyboard and trackpad not working: Hello,I am having a problem where occasionally, when I open the lid of my laptop, the screen is completely black except for the Windows Hello facial recognition indicator and the cursor. Usually the trackpad and keyboard don't work except for some of the function keys....
  9. Mouse trackpad stops working after EVERY Windows Update. Why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse trackpad stops working after EVERY Windows Update. Why?: Hello!Hoping someone can tell why this happening. On my ASUS TUF 15 laptop, anytime Windows does an automatic update usually when the lid is closed for an extended period, my mouse trackpad stops working when I log back in. I've searched the forum and tried all of the...
  10. Mouse trackpad stops working after EVERY Windows Update. Why?

Mouse trackpad stops working after EVERY Windows Update. Why?: Hello!Hoping someone can tell why this happening. On my ASUS TUF 15 laptop, anytime Windows does an automatic update usually when the lid is closed for an extended period, my mouse trackpad stops working when I log back in. I've searched the forum and tried all of the...