Windows 10: Trackpad not working when mouse not connected

Discus and support Trackpad not working when mouse not connected in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So basically I just got this Logitech g302 and it's working smoothly on my Asus laptop. The problem occurs when I try to use the touchpad when the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by iLikeZhengmBuns, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Trackpad not working when mouse not connected

So basically I just got this Logitech g302 and it's working smoothly on my Asus laptop. The problem occurs when I try to use the touchpad when the Logitech mouse app is turned off and the mouse is unplugged. Even though my choice of "Leave touch pad on when a mouse is connected" is off(which shouldn't affect anything when there's no mouse) and the touchpad is definitely on, I still can't use it. But, if I turn the "Leave touch pad on when a mouse is connected" on and unplug my mouse it functions. It doesn't affect me that much but I would prefer for it to be fixed. Help please?

:)

iLikeZhengmBuns, Feb 10, 2019

2. Mouse in USB and trackpad not working

Hi Jonathan,

Having a corrupted game file is one of the possible reasons why trackpad or mouse in USB freezes when playing Minecraft. For us to properly assist you, we need to collect more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Are you experiencing this issue with your other games?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the affected game?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. This can help remove conflicts with an app from Windows Store. To proceed, you may click the link below:

Click here

Wilfred Mac, Feb 10, 2019
  3. Junkman Win User
    Left/right click problem (mouse and trackpad)

Hi everyone, I'm really struggling with using my Cube Mix Plus tablet in laptop mode. With the keyboard connected, doesn't matter if I use the trackpad or mouse, when I click on certain things they just flash up momentarily then disappear. Including the mouse settings window, annoyingly. And the start menu. It works OK for maybe a minute after login then starts acting up.

So far I've disabled the windows key, and installed an autokey script that is supposed to disable trackpad gestures. Still the same issue though.

Here's a video of it happening (those are all left clicks, I know I click quite rapidly at points but it's each single click doing the flash-up-and-disappear thing, happens when I go much slower too)

https://www.youtube.com/KPTxMG_x2Qo

Any suggestions or help much appreciated, thanks!

Junkman, Feb 10, 2019
  4. ScotGill Win User

Trackpad not working when mouse not connected

Trackpad stops working 5 minutes after starting up computer (Windows 10)

I have the same issue on a Toshiba Satellite S55t-B5152 laptop. The touchpad worked in Windows 8.1. After the upgrade to Windows 10, the trackpad functions at the login screen and for the first minute or so after logging into Windows. After that, nothing.

The touchscreen works, as will a USB mouse, but I much prefer the trackpad. I tried the suggestions listed by the Microsoft engineer in the other reply, but they did not work.

Any other suggestions?

ScotGill, Feb 10, 2019
Thema:

Trackpad not working when mouse not connected

1. Trackpad not working when mouse not connected - Similar Threads - Trackpad working mouse

2. Mouse and trackpad not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse and trackpad not working: I recently just fixed my laptop and I discovered that the mouse is no longer working. I went to device manager and I couldn't find the mice and other pointing device setting. I tried to fix the I2C stuff, disabled and enabled it and tried to update it but nothing is working....
  3. Mouse and trackpad not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse and trackpad not working: I recently just fixed my laptop and I discovered that the mouse is no longer working. I went to device manager and I couldn't find the mice and other pointing device setting. I tried to fix the I2C stuff, disabled and enabled it and tried to update it but nothing is working....
  4. Mouse pointer keeps on missing and trackpad not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse pointer keeps on missing and trackpad not working: Till now uninstalling and installing the driver from official website of manufacturer, updating driver, resetting my laptop nothing have worked. Sometimes the pointer appears and trackpad works when I boot on the PC, and it doesn't sometimes.When I see the properties in...
  5. Mouse pointer keeps on missing and trackpad not working

Mouse pointer keeps on missing and trackpad not working: Till now uninstalling and installing the driver from official website of manufacturer, updating driver, resetting my laptop nothing have worked. Sometimes the pointer appears and trackpad works when I boot on the PC, and it doesn't sometimes.When I see the properties in...
  6. My mouse clicks are not working both trackpad and external mouse after i connect my...

My mouse clicks are not working both trackpad and external mouse after i connect my...: I have a USB mouse which worked fine. I was playing one game using that mouse and suddenly the mouse's right click stopped working i tried to reconnect it and play but same thing happened again i restarted my laptop then both the left and right click weren't responding, it...
  7. Scrolling Does Not Work With Mouse, Trackpad, or Arrows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scrolling Does Not Work With Mouse, Trackpad, or Arrows: My windows 10 version is 1809. I developed a problem where I can't scroll. It just keeps going down but if I try to scroll up it will race back down again. This happens with the USB mouse, as well as when using the arrow on the trackpad by clicking it near the top of the...
  8. Trackpad/mouse issues

Trackpad/mouse issues: Ok, so this all started after i factory reset my computer. On Windows 10, the settings have mouse settings, and relate to mouse settings, which would be great, but i have a trackpad, and not a mouse. This is a pain because i cant right click. Any fixes?...
  9. laptop mouse trackpad

laptop mouse trackpad: my left and right mouse button on my trackpad isn't working anymore it was working just fine a couple of hours ago https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-mouse-trackpad/65250aa7-c094-49e7-9e68-a1e1940c2a43
  10. Keyboard, Trackpad, Mouse stop working

Keyboard, Trackpad, Mouse stop working: For a while now my my detachable Keyboard, Trackpad and Mouse have kept stopping. It has happened before and cured itself but so far not this time. A new and odd behaviour is that after closing down and relaunching everything does work, for about two seconds only, just enough...