Windows 10: Trackpad Scroll Reversed in Windows 10

Discus and support Trackpad Scroll Reversed in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7, and it reversed the trackpad scroll. The only option under touchpad in settings is sensitivity. I have an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Gutsy Challenge, Oct 11, 2020.

1. Trackpad Scroll Reversed in Windows 10

I just upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7, and it reversed the trackpad scroll. The only option under touchpad in settings is sensitivity. I have an ASUS laptop, and I think my trackpad has a ELAN driver. I have ASUS Smart Gesture installed, but there is no option to reverse the scroll. I tried editing stuff in regedit, but my trackpad doesn't seem to have a VID? I then found the Elantech stuff in regedit, and changed SC_AutoScroll_ShowItem to 1, and tried SC_Auto_Scroll_Enable as both 0 and 1, and neither of them did anything.

I can't use my laptop properly like this. It worked perfectly fine with Windows 7. I can't find the answer anywhere.

:)

Gutsy Challenge, Oct 11, 2020

2. Precision Trackpad Scrolling Broken Since Creators Update

This is a revival of
    this thread
    . It was locked for an unknown reason, despite the issue clearly still being relevant.

Ever since over a year ago when the initial Creators Update dropped, scrolling on precision trackpads has been a hot mess. The effects of the update include:

• Certain applications experience extreme stutter while scrolling with a precision trackpad(example). The graphics seem to only update when
      there is a decent break in between scroll events.
    • Applications such as Windows Explorer, Notepad, Notepad++, etc that would have normally scrolled line-by-line at a fast rate now scroll several lines at a time(depending on the value in Settings>Devices>Mouse) at a slow rate. This leads to much less precise
      scroll that you would expect from a precision trackpad. Windows Explorer has since been specifically fixed in the Fall Creators Update, but all other applications are left in the dust.

It's been said that the reason for these issues is due to precision trackpads now using mouse scroll events, in contrast to the previous method of directly manipulating scrollbars just as touchscreens do. While it does seem to make sense to use actual scroll
    events, the previous method of scrolling provided a vastly better experience.

This thread is meant to be both a question and a suggestion. The suggestion being to revert back to the old method of scrolling. The question being, is there any (even hacky) method to restore old precision trackpad scrolling functionality? It's been over
    a year now, and it's been thoroughly frustrating to not have any fix for this.

Brett Butcher, Oct 11, 2020
  3. How can I reverse the mouse scroll wheel scroll direction in Windows 10? NOTE SCROLL WHEEL SCROLL WHEEL SCROLL WHEEL NOT TOUCHPAD FFS

For those wondering... Since it's not mentioned what Registry Key Damian is talking about, Take a look at the blog post done by Kevin Becker called

Reverse Scrolling on Windows 8
    . This will give you reverse scrolling in most applications in windows 10 even though there isn't a configuration option for it in Control Panel > Mouse & Trackpad Settings.

GeneralRedneck, Oct 11, 2020
  4. Azdoge Win User

Trackpad Scroll Reversed in Windows 10

Is there any way to get the trackpad to scroll the same way it did with Windows 7?

I prefer the old way the trackpad worked (Two fingers scrolling down will cause the page to move downwards).

I haven't found any option to disable the "reverse scrolling" in Windows 10.

Thanks for any help.

Azdoge, Oct 11, 2020
Thema:

Trackpad Scroll Reversed in Windows 10

1. Trackpad Scroll Reversed in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Trackpad Scroll Reversed

2. Trackpad buttons reversed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trackpad buttons reversed: I had my trackpad buttons reversed after a windows update i don't remember which but when i login into admin account the buttons work correctly is there any way to take that driver from admin and apply it here in my microsoft account that is i don't have a local account but a...
  3. Trackpad buttons reversed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trackpad buttons reversed: I had my trackpad buttons reversed after a windows update i don't remember which but when i login into admin account the buttons work correctly is there any way to take that driver from admin and apply it here in my microsoft account that is i don't have a local account but a...
  4. Trackpad buttons reversed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Reverse Scroll

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reverse Scroll: How do I reverse my scrolling because it is backwards on hp Stream laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reverse-scroll/1914b1e5-d25b-4b9b-9ebb-902b52c9081d
  6. Trackpad scrolling pattern

Trackpad scrolling pattern: Usually when I am scrolling with the trackpad, the window will keep scrolling for as long as I am moving my fingers. Then sometimes it will switch and it will only scroll a certain number of lines until I let go, at which point it will sort of free scroll for a second or...
  7. Reversing the scrolling on the touchpad

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Reversing the scrolling on the touchpad: How do I reverse the scrolling on the touchpad on windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reversing-the-scrolling-on-the-touchpad/5ab677a5-c781-4629-a9a9-054e95588f94"
  8. Reverse Scrolling

Reverse Scrolling: I'm having troubles finding where to turn off reverse scrolling on Windows 10 laptop. When I use the touchpad if I move my fingers in an upward motion the screen scrolls down, I'd like to move my fingers down and have the page scroll down. I googled this issue and was...
  9. Reverse scrolling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Reverse scrolling: Windows updated this morning and now the touchpad is scrolling in reverse. I have an ASUS and have gone into the ASUS Smart Gesture settings but whether "content moves reversely" is checked or unchecked, it has no effect on which direction the touchpad scrolls. I restarted...
  10. Scrolling is reversed

in Windows 10 Support
    Scrolling is reversed: Basically up is down and left is right I could not find the settings in the mouse control config 15145