Windows 10: Trackpad scroll speed much higher in some applications than in others

Discus and support Trackpad scroll speed much higher in some applications than in others in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've had the following issue for quite some time now:My trackpad scroll speed is perfectly fine when I'm scrolling through word documents or while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DerThronprinz, Dec 1, 2022.

1. Trackpad scroll speed much higher in some applications than in others

I've had the following issue for quite some time now:My trackpad scroll speed is perfectly fine when I'm scrolling through word documents or while using edge, chrome etc.But for some other applications, the scroll speed is way higher which makes it basically unusable for me.This is the case in MS Visio, UiPath Studio and some more applications which I do not remember at this moment.I changed no settings in these apps, I don't think there's app-specific scrolling speed settings available at all.Still, a slight move of my fingers results in three pages of scrolling in these apps.I've searched th

:)

DerThronprinz, Dec 1, 2022

2. Trackpad Scrolling Problems In Creators Update

I love the Creators Update-- it has a good amount of features that are applicable for me on my Surface Pro 4. However, trackpad scrolling has just been completely obliterated. It's really been a nightmare. Here's the problems I'm experiencing:

• Scrolling in applications that support smooth scrolling have been slowed down to about half the speed, resulting in too slow of a speed. In order to offset this loss, I must set the number of lines scrolled to a higher number, but now applications that
      don't support smooth scrolling go way too fast!

Someone told me on Reddit that previous to the Creators Update, trackpad scrolling directly manipulated scroll bars on legacy applications. Now, mouse scroll events are sent to the application. This explains another problem-- applications that don't support
      horizontal scrolling don't scroll horizontally any longer. The previous method of scrolling really provided a better experience. Is there any way to revert to the old ways?
    • Some Java applications(Eclipse and IntelliJ confirmed) have super glitchy trackpad scrolling(I assume due to the previous point). While you moving your fingers on the trackpad, some of the graphics freezes up. Using a mouse to scroll or flinging on a trackpad
      does not produce this issue. Here's
      a gif
      of what's going on. I'm thinking that the problem is a flood of events, thus preventing repainting. I don't know what the source code of Eclipse looks like, but that's just my idea. Perhaps I'll run a profiler later to see just how many events are
      firing.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Brett Butcher, Dec 1, 2022
  3. Precision Trackpad Scrolling Broken Since Creators Update

This is a revival of
    this thread
    . It was locked for an unknown reason, despite the issue clearly still being relevant.

Ever since over a year ago when the initial Creators Update dropped, scrolling on precision trackpads has been a hot mess. The effects of the update include:

• Certain applications experience extreme stutter while scrolling with a precision trackpad(example). The graphics seem to only update when
      there is a decent break in between scroll events.
    • Applications such as Windows Explorer, Notepad, Notepad++, etc that would have normally scrolled line-by-line at a fast rate now scroll several lines at a time(depending on the value in Settings>Devices>Mouse) at a slow rate. This leads to much less precise
      scroll that you would expect from a precision trackpad. Windows Explorer has since been specifically fixed in the Fall Creators Update, but all other applications are left in the dust.

It's been said that the reason for these issues is due to precision trackpads now using mouse scroll events, in contrast to the previous method of directly manipulating scrollbars just as touchscreens do. While it does seem to make sense to use actual scroll
    events, the previous method of scrolling provided a vastly better experience.

This thread is meant to be both a question and a suggestion. The suggestion being to revert back to the old method of scrolling. The question being, is there any (even hacky) method to restore old precision trackpad scrolling functionality? It's been over
    a year now, and it's been thoroughly frustrating to not have any fix for this.

Brett Butcher, Dec 1, 2022
  4. Trackpad scroll speed much higher in some applications than in others

Trackpad scroll speed in chrome

Post upgrade to windows10 I've noticed my trackpad scroll moves at light speed and have tried to change setting but does not have impact. Surprisingly so far this issue is limited to chrome browser. With microsoft edge browser there is no such issue. I
    have lenovo yoga from 2006. Does anyone have same issue and knows how to solve this

patelsonny, Dec 1, 2022
Thema:

Trackpad scroll speed much higher in some applications than in others

1. Trackpad scroll speed much higher in some applications than in others - Similar Threads - Trackpad scroll speed

2. speed test is much slower on laptop than telephone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    speed test is much slower on laptop than telephone: the speed test results on my laptop Windows 10 home edition are much slower than my Samsung phone. they are both Wi-Fi they're both feet from the router and wi-fi. I am at a loss....
  3. speed test is much slower on laptop than telephone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    speed test is much slower on laptop than telephone: the speed test results on my laptop Windows 10 home edition are much slower than my Samsung phone. they are both Wi-Fi they're both feet from the router and wi-fi. I am at a loss....
  4. speed test is much slower on laptop than telephone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Trackpad scroll speed much higher in some applications than in others

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trackpad scroll speed much higher in some applications than in others: I've had the following issue for quite some time now:My trackpad scroll speed is perfectly fine when I'm scrolling through word documents or while using edge, chrome etc.But for some other applications, the scroll speed is way higher which makes it basically unusable for...
  6. touchpad scroll speed too fast in some applications

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    touchpad scroll speed too fast in some applications: I have a ASUS VivoBook F515 with precision touchpad. When I scroll using this touchpad it scrolls very fast with apps like LibreOffice but much slower when using Chrome etc. With a mouse it works perfectly well. How do I fix this?...
  7. Inconsistent trackpad scroll speed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Inconsistent trackpad scroll speed: Hello, I searched all over google to no avail. Trackpad scroll is inconsisten across apps. Some work fine, like firefox and settings menu, others like discord, steam, EGS, Spotify go from 0 to 100 in a milisecond.... it's super annoying, and it only happens in Windows (it...
  8. Trackpad scrolling pattern

in Windows 10 Customization
    Trackpad scrolling pattern: Usually when I am scrolling with the trackpad, the window will keep scrolling for as long as I am moving my fingers. Then sometimes it will switch and it will only scroll a certain number of lines until I let go, at which point it will sort of free scroll for a second or...
  9. Laptop Wifi Upload speed much slower than download speed

Laptop Wifi Upload speed much slower than download speed: I have a Dell Inspiron N5040 running 1809 17763.153. It has a Dell Wireless 1502 802.11 b/g/n WiFi card which is made by Atheros. Prior to upgrading to 1803 WiFi worked normally and Download was faster than Upload, 35Mb vs 10Mb. Since 1803 and now 1809 as well, Download is...
  10. Laptop wireless speed much higher than wired

Laptop wireless speed much higher than wired: Did the anniversary update on my HP DV 6700 entertainment laptop, took over 2 days...... checked wired speed only 7mbs, but wireless 27 Mbps have a pc on same router and wired is 27mbps. have uninstalled / reinstalled network card from laptop but didn't help....tried...