Windows 10: Trackpad Setting

Discus and support Trackpad Setting in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently got an update for Windows 10, and it changed the scroll function on my trackpad. It used to be set so that the page would scroll the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GrahamWengerd, Dec 11, 2019.

1. Trackpad Setting

I recently got an update for Windows 10, and it changed the scroll function on my trackpad. It used to be set so that the page would scroll the same direction as my fingers, but now they move the opposite way. I can't find any setting that will let me change this back, am I missing something? I'm trying to avoid uninstalling/reinstalling the driver as long as possible since I don't have an external mouse.

:)

GrahamWengerd, Dec 11, 2019
  2. noejavier Win User

trackpad not working

No. Because the troubleshooting guide on device manager wont even resolve my solution as it is also a basic and one of the primary steps to do but no avail. Tried installing powerplan7 and trackpad++ suggested by relentless on apple forums but with
    no success for me. Until now i can't use windows 10 installed on my macbook pro 15inch late 2008 because of the trackpad/touchpad failure.

noejavier, Dec 11, 2019
  3. Trackpad driver is constantly removed

Hi,

I understand the inconvenience caused.

Thank you for mentioning the different steps you have tried to resolve the issue, we appreciate your effort.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows key + X and select device manager.

2. Click "view" and select "show hidden devices".

3. If the trackpad driver is listed, right click on the driver and uninstall it.

4. Restart the computer and have Windows automatically install the driver upon restart.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Dec 11, 2019
  4. Trackpad Setting

Trackpad no longer working, doesn't show up in settings or in device manager since upgrading to windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We are here to assist you.

I suggest you to download the latest trackpad drivers from the manufacturer’s website and install it on your laptop and check.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to install the trackpad drivers in compatibility mode and check.
    Follow the steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode.

• Download the drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the installer and click on "Properties".
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select previous Operating System from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Dec 11, 2019
Thema:

Trackpad Setting

1. Trackpad Setting - Similar Threads - Trackpad Setting

2. My trackpad stopped working and I dont know what else to do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My trackpad stopped working and I dont know what else to do: Hi, Last night I was using my laptop with a mouse plugged in and realized after I unplugged the mouse that my touchpad is not working, I tried everything like resetting the touchpad settings, and I think I uninstalled the drivers right too. Im wondering what else I can do,...
  3. My trackpad stopped working and I dont know what else to do

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My trackpad stopped working and I dont know what else to do: Hi, Last night I was using my laptop with a mouse plugged in and realized after I unplugged the mouse that my touchpad is not working, I tried everything like resetting the touchpad settings, and I think I uninstalled the drivers right too. Im wondering what else I can do,...
  4. Help! My laptop mouse and trackpad are giving me a tough time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help! My laptop mouse and trackpad are giving me a tough time: My mouse moves across the screen even when I do not touch it. My trackpad left and right buttons do not work I've tried to see if it was enabled and it was, I've done troubleshooting and updated the drives and still the same problem persists I've tried all the advice I've...
  5. Help! My laptop mouse and trackpad are giving me a tough time

Help! My laptop mouse and trackpad are giving me a tough time: My mouse moves across the screen even when I do not touch it. My trackpad left and right buttons do not work I've tried to see if it was enabled and it was, I've done troubleshooting and updated the drives and still the same problem persists I've tried all the advice I've...
  6. keyboard+trackpad dufficulties on thinkbook windows 10?

keyboard+trackpad dufficulties on thinkbook windows 10?: Im not sure if i asked this already but my trackpad keeps breaking. it cannot register more than one finger, i need to delete the software controlling it, restart the computer, and it just wastes time. and the second i close the computer it breaks again. also typing is a mess...
  7. Can't access Device Settings for trackpad to disable PalmCheck.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't access Device Settings for trackpad to disable PalmCheck.: Basically the title. The sudden extra delay which I've never had before is driving me insane. And no, in the "additional mouse settings" tab you get to through either control panels' "change mouse settings" or Windows Settings' "Additional mouse options" it's not there....
  8. How can I add touchpad setting to my PC? I want to use a trackpad and have this kind of...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I add touchpad setting to my PC? I want to use a trackpad and have this kind of...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/YourIceCreamBoy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hmh1we/how_can_i_add_touchpad_setting_to_my_pc_i_want_to/
  9. Mouse scroll number of lines setting doesn't change trackpad scroll on HP Envy 13

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse scroll number of lines setting doesn't change trackpad scroll on HP Envy 13: Hello. I am using a new HP envy 13, and am trying to change the scroll speed settings of the trackpad. I have always done that with the usual setting:[ATTACH] But on this new device, the trackpad scrolling doesn't respond at all to changes in this setting. The scroll speed...
  10. Option to turn off trackpad removed from settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Option to turn off trackpad removed from settings: So after a forced update, now I am no longer allowed to turn off the trackpad on my laptop. The option simply vanished from the settings menu. Why on earth would this option be taken away??...