Windows 10: Trackpad stopped working suddenly on Ubuntu and Windows after installing Ubuntu 22.04 LTS

Discus and support Trackpad stopped working suddenly on Ubuntu and Windows after installing Ubuntu 22.04 LTS in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So my problem is a bit weird.My trackpad and mouse was working perfectly. I dual booted my windows 11 with Ubuntu 22.04 and my touchpad became... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SoumyaSen1, Nov 26, 2022.

1. Trackpad stopped working suddenly on Ubuntu and Windows after installing Ubuntu 22.04 LTS

So my problem is a bit weird.My trackpad and mouse was working perfectly. I dual booted my windows 11 with Ubuntu 22.04 and my touchpad became unresponsive. I connected my mouse and it didn’t work either. I tried a few solutions from the internet and it didn’t work. ```sudo modprobe -r psmouse && sudo modprobe psmouse proto=imps```This command didn’t work and the below command says psmouse not found```sudo rmmod psmouse```So I logged into Windows and the touchpad stopped working suddenly there too. I connected my mouse and it was working. I have reinstalled Ubuntu and now my mouse work

:)

SoumyaSen1, Nov 26, 2022
  2. J377 Win User

How to add Windows Dual Boot with Ubuntu 16.04 already installed?

Just do a restart, and Both Ubuntu and Windows Boot Manager should be listed on your GRUB Boot Menu, as long as the Menu TimeOut isn't set to 0.

I, personally, like to use Grub Customizer. It allows you to set the GRUB Boot Menu options in a GUI, to include options like the Menu TimeOut and default Boot Device/Partition.

Grub Customizer info:
    http://ubuntuhandbook.org/index.php/2016/04/install-grub-customizer-ubuntu-16-04-lts/

3. Make Ubuntu 16.04 LTS available for all users on Windows

I have installed Ubuntu 16.04 LTS on Windows 10 Enterprise using WSL2 as well. I can't get Ubuntu to install for all users on the computer. Is there a way to make the installed/configured version of Ubuntu available to all users on the computer? Ubuntu 16.04 LTS was installed using a DISM powershell command

ShawnDemry, Nov 26, 2022
  4. Brink Win User

Trackpad stopped working suddenly on Ubuntu and Windows after installing Ubuntu 22.04 LTS

Canonical releases Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS

Read more: Ubuntu Fridge | Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS Released

Brink, Nov 26, 2022
Thema:

Trackpad stopped working suddenly on Ubuntu and Windows after installing Ubuntu 22.04 LTS

1. Trackpad stopped working suddenly on Ubuntu and Windows after installing Ubuntu 22.04 LTS - Similar Threads - Trackpad stopped working

2. WSL Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS back to 20.04

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WSL Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS back to 20.04: HiMy current Ubuntu version in WSL2 is 22.04.1 is it possible to come back to Ubuntu 20.04 LTS ? .because WSLU is missing in 22.04 and maybe it is the cause of my problem described in this post :question on learn microsoft site about desktop shortcut....
  3. WSL Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS back to 20.04

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WSL Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS back to 20.04: HiMy current Ubuntu version in WSL2 is 22.04.1 is it possible to come back to Ubuntu 20.04 LTS ? .because WSLU is missing in 22.04 and maybe it is the cause of my problem described in this post :question on learn microsoft site about desktop shortcut....
  4. Trackpad stopped working suddenly on Ubuntu and Windows after installing Ubuntu 22.04 LTS

Trackpad stopped working suddenly on Ubuntu and Windows after installing Ubuntu 22.04 LTS: So my problem is a bit weird.My trackpad and mouse was working perfectly. I dual booted my windows 11 with Ubuntu 22.04 and my touchpad became unresponsive. I connected my mouse and it didn’t work either. I tried a few solutions from the internet and it didn’t work. ```sudo...
  5. Windows 10 lock screen spotlight doesn't show after installing Ubuntu Mate 22 LTS as dual...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 lock screen spotlight doesn't show after installing Ubuntu Mate 22 LTS as dual...: Hello. I have a Windows 10 laptop and I'm using its lock screen spotlight as the daily lock screen background. However, the spotlight has stopped functioning after installing Ubuntu Mate 22 LTS as dual booting. I did verify the Windows 10 integrity by running "sfc /scannow"...
  6. Windows 10 lock screen spotlight doesn't show after installing Ubuntu Mate 22 LTS as dual...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 lock screen spotlight doesn't show after installing Ubuntu Mate 22 LTS as dual...: Hello. I have a Windows 10 laptop and I'm using its lock screen spotlight as the daily lock screen background. However, the spotlight has stopped functioning after installing Ubuntu Mate 22 LTS as dual booting. I did verify the Windows 10 integrity by running "sfc /scannow"...
  7. Windows 10 lock screen spotlight doesn't show after installing Ubuntu Mate 22 LTS as dual...

8. Error 0x80070490 installing ubuntu 20.04 LTS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error 0x80070490 installing ubuntu 20.04 LTS: I'm trying to install ubuntu 20.04 LTS to use WSL2 but I get this error:WslRegisterDistribution failed with error: 0x80070490 Error: 0x80070490 Element not found.I tried some of the answers I've found online but none of them worked. I'm trying to install Docker and Laravel...
  9. Touchpad stopped working after booting into Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Touchpad stopped working after booting into Ubuntu: submitted by /u/dakshin_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jm0ots/touchpad_stopped_working_after_booting_into_ubuntu/
  10. Ubuntu 20.04 LTS on a subsystem and file server

Ubuntu 20.04 LTS on a subsystem and file server: Hi there! I would like to make a file server running from an ubuntu subsystem, that can be reached from outside of the network from internet also, and hive different shares to different accounts coming in to look for the shared folders. The problem is I have no idea what...