Windows 10: Trackpad stops working after system goes to sleep Win 10 HP Spectre

Discus and support Trackpad stops working after system goes to sleep Win 10 HP Spectre in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a HP Spectre x360 laptop from 3/4 years ago and recently had a Windows 10 update. Since then the trackpad will stop working if I close the lid... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JohnBove1, May 21, 2020.

1. JohnBove1 Win User

Trackpad stops working after system goes to sleep Win 10 HP Spectre

I have a HP Spectre x360 laptop from 3/4 years ago and recently had a Windows 10 update. Since then the trackpad will stop working if I close the lid and open it again so I would assume the issue is software rather than hardware based.

I have removed the drivers and installed a number of different versions each time and these work until the lid is closed again. I have installed the drivers on 3 occasions but the problem reasserts. The Synaptics control panel shows a red cross, but in settings it says that it is enabled. Once the track pad turns off even powering off and restarting does not resolve it.

I don't seem to have the option to take the system back to before the update.

I would welcome any help in resolving it!

:)

JohnBove1, May 21, 2020

2. HP x360 Spectre Windows Hello No Longer Working

Thanks for the suggestion. For reference (for people coming after me trying to find a solution), the steps Lee is suggesting are as follows:

• Device Security > Security Processor Details > Security Processor Troubleshooting > Clear TPM
    Appreciate the help, Lee, but resetting the TPM using the process above didn't work. All it did was make me reset my PIN and sign in again via my Microsoft account. As I mentioned in my initial post, I have an HP Spectre
    x360 Convertible 13-ae0xx, so I've been using the drivers found here:

HP Spectre 13-ae000 x360 Convertible PC Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

Also as I mentioned, the latest drivers are installed - that's always my first go-to solution (other than turning it off and on again! Trackpad stops working after system goes to sleep Win 10 HP Spectre :) ).

Any other suggestions?

MarshallHunt25, May 22, 2020
  3. Trackpad stops working on Windows 10

Old title: Trackpad stops working

I have an Asus laptop running on Windows 10. The built in trackpad works for a couple minutes after turning it on, but then it goes dead. I have an external mouse that works, so I'm not totally screwed, but it's really frustrating because I can never use
    the trackpad because it will stop working after a couple minutes of use. Please help!!!

Bananadrops, May 22, 2020
  4. zalophus Win User

Auto Sleep Has Stopped Working

Win 10 Upgrade done a year ago. Everything worked fine. No hardware or software changes in last six months, other than auto Win 10 updates. System always went to sleep automatically per Power Option settings.

Then three days ago, Auto sleep of system no longer works (Monitor goes to sleep on time, but not system). Manual Sleep (Windows/Power/Sleep) works fine.

I have read all the previous posts about this issue, tried all the suggested fixes, and have now done all the trouble shooting that I can think of, but Sleep problem, persists.

zalophus, May 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Trackpad stops working after system goes to sleep Win 10 HP Spectre - Similar Threads - Trackpad stops working

2. hp laptop trackpad stops working after a few mintues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hp laptop trackpad stops working after a few mintues: My trackpad for my hp laptop just stopped working and I need it the most. I tried restarting my laptop, updating the drivers, cleaning the trackpad, but nothing works. It's like it's dead I don't have a spare mouse or keyboard either....
  3. hp laptop trackpad stops working after a few mintues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hp laptop trackpad stops working after a few mintues: My trackpad for my hp laptop just stopped working and I need it the most. I tried restarting my laptop, updating the drivers, cleaning the trackpad, but nothing works. It's like it's dead I don't have a spare mouse or keyboard either....
  4. hp laptop trackpad stops working after a few mintues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Internet stopped working on laptop, hp spectre x360

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet stopped working on laptop, hp spectre x360: The internet on the laptop has been flipping between working fine and not working at all and I can’t get my work done because of it. I think it might have to do with a driver called intel wi-fi 6 ax201 160mhz it commonly gives an error code 10. I’ve tried updating,...
  6. Internet stopped working on laptop, hp spectre x360

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet stopped working on laptop, hp spectre x360: The internet on the laptop has been flipping between working fine and not working at all and I can’t get my work done because of it. I think it might have to do with a driver called intel wi-fi 6 ax201 160mhz it commonly gives an error code 10. I’ve tried updating,...
  7. Bluetooth stops working after system goes to sleep - Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth stops working after system goes to sleep - Windows 11 Pro: Whenever my system goes to sleep. My Bluetooth adapter stops working. But upon reboot, it works normally again. I've already disabled allowing the computer to turn off this device to save power as well as making sure I'm using the latest Intel drivers and the issue persists....
  8. Bluetooth stops working after system goes to sleep - Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth stops working after system goes to sleep - Windows 11 Pro: Whenever my system goes to sleep. My Bluetooth adapter stops working. But upon reboot, it works normally again. I've already disabled allowing the computer to turn off this device to save power as well as making sure I'm using the latest Intel drivers and the issue persists....
  9. Bluetooth on Win 10 stops working after sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Bluetooth on Win 10 stops working after sleep: There are a 1001 posts about this on the net but none provides an answer. Whenever my win 10 HP laptop resumes my bluetooth Micro$oft mouse does not work. a IT IS NOT A POSER SAVING SETTING!b Trying to restart the bluetooth service does not work because it will fail to stopc...
  10. External Audio stopped working on HP Spectre 15

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    External Audio stopped working on HP Spectre 15: No audio works on youtube, pandora, netflix etc. Tried both edge and chrome. Tried updating audio drivers etc nothing is working. worked fine last night and stopped working this am. bluetooth audio works w headset. Windows start sound works from speakers laptop is...