Windows 10: trackpad works on lockscreen but not on main logged in screen

Discus and support trackpad works on lockscreen but not on main logged in screen in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This is a new issue. It follows: I know the trackpad hardware is functional, because the trackpad works perfectly fine on the login screen lockscreen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MelikaIhelas, Jan 9, 2020.

1. trackpad works on lockscreen but not on main logged in screen

This is a new issue. It follows:

I know the trackpad hardware is functional, because the trackpad works perfectly fine on the login screen lockscreen but after I login a couple of minutes later the trackpad stops working and you can see this symbol
    trackpad works on lockscreen but not on main logged in screen f4f3bad1-2111-4b5b-9a7a-ac4f87f93ab6?upload=true.jpg

I am the only user of my PC and have not changed any settings. This just suddenly happened midday.

I have tried the recommended uninstalling and reinstalling the driver

trackpad works on lockscreen but not on main logged in screen 3c89f84a-9651-430c-ba32-3e6c501f871a?upload=true.jpg

I have windows 10 on ASUS X555L. Have never dropped it and it still in great shape despite being couple years old.

So any physical breakage is ruled out. The only explanation is this is an issue with a driver or new update

:)

MelikaIhelas, Jan 9, 2020
  2. ScotGill Win User

Trackpad stops working 5 minutes after starting up computer (Windows 10)

I have the same issue on a Toshiba Satellite S55t-B5152 laptop. The touchpad worked in Windows 8.1. After the upgrade to Windows 10, the trackpad functions at the login screen and for the first minute or so after logging into Windows. After that, nothing.

The touchscreen works, as will a USB mouse, but I much prefer the trackpad. I tried the suggestions listed by the Microsoft engineer in the other reply, but they did not work.

Any other suggestions?

ScotGill, Jan 9, 2020
  3. laptop trackpad not working after windows 10 upgrade

the Toshiba website has no windows 10 listing of drivers for my model p50w-b00f (yet).

The trackpad on/off button does nothing.

note: the trackpad does work while booting. the little circle on black screen.

SueConaghty, Jan 9, 2020
  4. noejavier Win User

trackpad works on lockscreen but not on main logged in screen

trackpad not working

No. Because the troubleshooting guide on device manager wont even resolve my solution as it is also a basic and one of the primary steps to do but no avail. Tried installing powerplan7 and trackpad++ suggested by relentless on apple forums but with
    no success for me. Until now i can't use windows 10 installed on my macbook pro 15inch late 2008 because of the trackpad/touchpad failure.

noejavier, Jan 9, 2020
Thema:

trackpad works on lockscreen but not on main logged in screen

1. trackpad works on lockscreen but not on main logged in screen - Similar Threads - trackpad works lockscreen

2. Black login screen, keyboard and trackpad not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black login screen, keyboard and trackpad not working: Hello,I am having a problem where occasionally, when I open the lid of my laptop, the screen is completely black except for the Windows Hello facial recognition indicator and the cursor. Usually the trackpad and keyboard don't work except for some of the function keys....
  3. Black login screen, keyboard and trackpad not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black login screen, keyboard and trackpad not working: Hello,I am having a problem where occasionally, when I open the lid of my laptop, the screen is completely black except for the Windows Hello facial recognition indicator and the cursor. Usually the trackpad and keyboard don't work except for some of the function keys....
  4. When I click "log in" in the lockscreen it just returns to the lockscreen

When I click "log in" in the lockscreen it just returns to the lockscreen: Hi I recently purchased a dell laptop and I was able to set it up and use it normally the first time it booted up. The next day when I was turning it on and was met with the lockscreen I tried using the fingerprint sensor but it said that my pin was required to log in, but...
  5. Keyboard and trackpad not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard and trackpad not working: Hello, Recently, my keyboard and trackpad both stopped working at the same time. Rarely, if I restarted my laptop like 10 times, my keyboard and trackpad would work. Now I have to use an external keyboard and mouse. I have booted into bios and the keys still do not work. If...
  6. Keyboard and trackpad not working

Keyboard and trackpad not working: Hello, Recently, my keyboard and trackpad both stopped working at the same time. Rarely, if I restarted my laptop like 10 times, my keyboard and trackpad would work. Now I have to use an external keyboard and mouse. I have booted into bios and the keys still do not work. If...
  7. Windows 10 touchpad is working in the lockscreen but stops working when logged in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 touchpad is working in the lockscreen but stops working when logged in: I have an MSI GE63VR 7RF. At one point few days ago, the touchpad gestures stopped working and I decided to update my driver from the device manager, since then it's been more broken. The only behavior that persists is that it full works when I'm on the lockscreen after a...
  8. Trackpad doesn't work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trackpad doesn't work: When I log into my PC after using it via the RD Client from my android, the trackpad doesn't work. This wasn't the case before I updated it to the 1909 version of windows. Any possible fix?? submitted by /u/aryalktm [link] [comments]...
  9. Trackpad doesn't work

Trackpad doesn't work: I have a Acer E5-411 and recently updated to windows 10. After updating the trackpad stopped working and the trackpad isn't even displayed in device manager. I tried to download the driver from Acers website but it didn't work....
  10. Trackpad not working

Trackpad not working: Hi, my trackpad does not work. Upon further investigation, I found that I don't even have a dropdown section for mice and trackpads in device manager. I looked more into the issue and I found that even on the mice settings in control panel, i don't have a driver for my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. touchpad working on lockscreen but fails when i login