Windows 10: Trackpad works sometimes on Windows 10

Discus and support Trackpad works sometimes on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi everyone. I recently updated my laptop from windows 8.1 to windows 10. Everything was working fine until one day the trackpad decided to stop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mpalomba3, Aug 6, 2015.

1. mpalomba3 Win User

Trackpad works sometimes on Windows 10

Hi everyone.

I recently updated my laptop from windows 8.1 to windows 10. Everything was working fine until one day the trackpad decided to stop working, sometimes. There is an occasional time that when I reboot it will start working again and then a day later or even an hour later it will start acting up again. What happens is the mouse is there but when I try to move it using the trackpad it moves all the way into the top right corner of the screen and stays there. Luckily, I have the little rubber mouse type thing on my keyboard and that always works but its annoying to have to use that.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver software but it hasn't helped. Anyone else having this issue?

Laptop: HP Elietebook 2740p

:)

mpalomba3, Aug 6, 2015
  2. CindyCCc Win User

Trackpad stops working 5 minutes after starting up computer (Windows 10)

I Have an asus q550 notebook laptop that originally came with windows 8. After installing windows 10 I started having issues with my trackpad.

The trackpad works perfectly fine on the login screen and when the computer initially starts up, but sometime during when all the files are still loading up (about a couple minutes after the basic desktop screen shows up) my trackpad will all of a sudden
    stop working and will not work again until I restart my computer.

Does anyone have a solution to this issue?

CindyCCc, Aug 6, 2015
  3. Elewpier5 Win User
    after update Windows 10 trackpad not functioning at all ASUS X205t

The update to Windows 10 disabled the trackpad on my ASUS x205t.

I have tried toggling the Fn/trackpad key.

Keyboard works as far as I'm able to use it which is limited.

Is there a way to go back to WIndows 8 without a working trackpad? What do I do now?

Elewpier5, Aug 6, 2015
  4. mpalomba3 Win User

*Bump* anyone have a possible solution to this issue?

mpalomba3, Aug 12, 2015
Thema:

1. Trackpad works sometimes on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Trackpad works sometimes

2. Mouse pointer misses and trackpad doesn't work sometimes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse pointer misses and trackpad doesn't work sometimes.: Sometimes when I boot my laptop, there is no mouse pointer. After I restart 2-3 times, the pointer appears. When the doesn't appear, the device manager looks like this. 'Mice and pointing' is in Show hidden devices in view tab.When pointer doesn't appear, I can use mouse...
  3. Mouse pointer misses and trackpad doesn't work sometimes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse pointer misses and trackpad doesn't work sometimes.: Sometimes when I boot my laptop, there is no mouse pointer. After I restart 2-3 times, the pointer appears. When the doesn't appear, the device manager looks like this. 'Mice and pointing' is in Show hidden devices in view tab.When pointer doesn't appear, I can use mouse...
  4. Keyboard and trackpad not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard and trackpad not working: Hello, Recently, my keyboard and trackpad both stopped working at the same time. Rarely, if I restarted my laptop like 10 times, my keyboard and trackpad would work. Now I have to use an external keyboard and mouse. I have booted into bios and the keys still do not work. If...
  5. Keyboard and trackpad not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard and trackpad not working: Hello, Recently, my keyboard and trackpad both stopped working at the same time. Rarely, if I restarted my laptop like 10 times, my keyboard and trackpad would work. Now I have to use an external keyboard and mouse. I have booted into bios and the keys still do not work. If...
  6. Trackpad not working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trackpad not working on Windows 10: I got a acer computer than runs Windows 10 for Christmas, but suddenly the trackpad stopped working. Currently I am using an animating pad to navigate, but when I try to use the trackpad, the cursor doesn't appear. I've tried restarting, updating, changing it, but nothing...
  7. My Trackpad quit working on Windows 10 with Synaptic trackpad

My Trackpad quit working on Windows 10 with Synaptic trackpad: I keep my computer installed with the latest Windows 10 update. Now my trackpad has quit working and I just installed an update today. Driver is there and I tried to update, but won't since it's current. I need to have the trackpad work. In the thread for this problem, it...
  8. Trackpad doesn't work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trackpad doesn't work: When I log into my PC after using it via the RD Client from my android, the trackpad doesn't work. This wasn't the case before I updated it to the 1909 version of windows. Any possible fix?? submitted by /u/aryalktm [link] [comments]...
  9. Trackpad doesn't work

Trackpad doesn't work: I have a Acer E5-411 and recently updated to windows 10. After updating the trackpad stopped working and the trackpad isn't even displayed in device manager. I tried to download the driver from Acers website but it didn't work....
  10. Trackpad not working

Trackpad not working: Hi, my trackpad does not work. Upon further investigation, I found that I don't even have a dropdown section for mice and trackpads in device manager. I looked more into the issue and I found that even on the mice settings in control panel, i don't have a driver for my...