Windows 10: Trademark symbol changed into question mark

Discus and support Trademark symbol changed into question mark in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I tried to install a game but the install failed because of the invalid character original was trademark symbol Example the file name I saw on other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LoneSummer, May 18, 2020.

1. Trademark symbol changed into question mark

I tried to install a game but the install failed because of the invalid character original was trademark symbol

Example the file name I saw on other people's video is "Game®" and mine is "Game?"
    Is there anyway to fix that?

:)

LoneSummer, May 18, 2020

2. Making the Registered Trademark Sign

Hello Gregory,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and Thank you for posting your query.

I understand you want to insert the registered trademark sign.

In which application are you trying to insert this symbol?

If you want to insert this symbol in Notepad, WordPad or any Windows application you may follow the below instructions and check.

Trademark symbol (TM): Hold the Alt key down and type 0153.

Registered symbol (®): Hold the Alt key down and type 0174.

Note: Make sure NUMLOCK is on and type the numbers from Number pad.

Hope the information helps, Do reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, May 18, 2020
  3. Making the Registered Trademark Sign

Hey,

Not sure if you got sorted with the registered trademark symbol but the below works for Windows 10.

1) Ensure NumLock is: ON

2) Cntrl + Alt + Letter R

Result: ®

Trademark symbol changed into question mark :)

************************************************************************************************************

RaySlade®, May 18, 2020
  4. Trademark symbol changed into question mark

symbols only displaying after another key is pressed.

Hi Alex,

Virus and malware could be one of the possible reasons why you're having trouble with symbols on your keyboard. To isolate the issue, we'd like to ask you a few questions:

• Have you made any recent changes to your device before the issue started?
    • Did you encounter any error messages while typing the symbols?
    • Can you tell us the troubleshooting steps that you've performed?

Meanwhile, we suggest scanning your device using an antivirus program and see if it's infected by a virus.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Ronalene Mat, May 18, 2020
Thema:

Trademark symbol changed into question mark

1. Trademark symbol changed into question mark - Similar Threads - Trademark symbol changed

2. My question mark in not working, it types a plus+ symbol.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My question mark in not working, it types a plus+ symbol.: I have an HP elitebook laptop. When I try typing a question mark ? the plus symbol + appears, whether I'm pressing shift or not, and when I press fn it types a bar /....
  3. My question mark in not working, it types a plus+ symbol.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My question mark in not working, it types a plus+ symbol.: I have an HP elitebook laptop. When I try typing a question mark ? the plus symbol + appears, whether I'm pressing shift or not, and when I press fn it types a bar /....
  4. My question mark in not working instead appears a plus+ symbol.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My question mark in not working instead appears a plus+ symbol.: Hello. My question mark key is not working, when I press it, it appears the plus + symbol instead. And the slash / appears only if I press the fn key.Another weird thing is that when I click on the language bar appears more two options? QAA Unknown Locale US keyboard and also...
  5. My question mark in not working instead appears a plus+ symbol.

My question mark in not working instead appears a plus+ symbol.: Hello. My question mark key is not working, when I press it, it appears the plus + symbol instead. And the slash / appears only if I press the fn key.Another weird thing is that when I click on the language bar appears more two options? QAA Unknown Locale US keyboard and also...
  6. quotation marks instead of the at symbol.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    quotation marks instead of the at symbol.: I am currently using a windows 11 system, and u just got my new keyboard. I came across this issue when i had to enter my email address to log in to some applications. Please help me out with this. I have tried all other solutions suggested in the internet, but to no...
  7. quotation marks instead of the at symbol.

quotation marks instead of the at symbol.: I am currently using a windows 11 system, and u just got my new keyboard. I came across this issue when i had to enter my email address to log in to some applications. Please help me out with this. I have tried all other solutions suggested in the internet, but to no...
  8. Quotation marks switch with the @ symbol

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quotation marks switch with the @ symbol: The quotation mark and @ symbol occasionally switch. I can write for hours in Word or other programs/apps and then suddenly instead of quotes, I get the @ symbol. It's a real pain. The only solution I have found is to restart my computer. Obviously this is a hassle to do...
  9. WordPad essay text turned into nothing but symbols and question marks.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WordPad essay text turned into nothing but symbols and question marks.: So the other day I was working on an essay, that I've put months of work into, when my laptop froze and turned off on me by itself. When I got my laptop back on, I opened up the essay and it was now blank. While trying to figure out a solution I noticed when I tried to...
  10. Question mark on HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Question mark on HDD: my hdd has a blue question mark symbol on it. i cant access the drive and it is not shown on the disk management https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-mark-on-hdd/18387b81-7a88-4936-92ef-41552dbaf302

Users found this page by searching for:

1. trademark cming as questionmark in windows 10 installshield