Windows 10: trading windows 10 laptops with my brother

Discus and support trading windows 10 laptops with my brother in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello all, me and my brother want to trade laptops and they both have windows 10. how do we go about moving his files and stuff to mine, and vice... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kewldude26, Aug 24, 2016.

1. trading windows 10 laptops with my brother

Hello all,

me and my brother want to trade laptops and they both have windows 10. how do we go about moving his files and stuff to mine, and vice versa? thank you *Smile
    mark

:)

kewldude26, Aug 24, 2016
  2. hoonster Win User

tmainlauncher has stopped working

tmainlauncher has stopped working - I have downloaded Worden Brother TC2000 V.17 a trading and technical analysis stock program. For some reason I keep getting this error "tmainlauncher has stopped working" when I try to launch the program. I have
    this downloaded on my older Asus laptop with windows 10 and it works just fine? How can I fix?

hoonster, Aug 24, 2016
  3. Whole inventory stolen in Rocket League

My little brother was playing Rocket League and was trading with a friend. He said that if my little brother put his whole inventory in that he would give everything back, he left the party and left with everything thatyou title brother gave him.

taylorclunn, Aug 24, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

trading windows 10 laptops with my brother

Hi Mark and welcome to Tenforums.

You'll need some place to store the user data to be transferred.
    If you each have a Microsoft Account, you can upload your stuff to OneDrive (if it's not too much data).
    Or, you can get a USB flash drive, or USB external hard drive. It really depends on how much data we're talking about here.

Once you've each created your new administrative-level account on each other's machines, then, go into the new account, "manage users", and delete the existing account. Windows will ask you if you want to delete all user data, or save it. When you choose to save it, Windows will put a file on the new user desktop of all the user files from the account you just deleted. Then you copy that file to an external drive and move it to the other machine, putting it in the appropriate folders as necessary.

Just make sure when you create your new account, that you make it an administrative account, or you'll have problems - you don't want the only account left on the machine to be a local, non-admin account.

Hope that helps! *Smile

simrick, Aug 24, 2016
  5. ok thank you, we will try this this weekend *Smile

kewldude26, Aug 25, 2016
  6. simrick Win User
    Good luck!
    Just as a footnote: if it were me, I would backup the data myself before deleting the user accounts....just to be safe, you know? *Wink

simrick, Aug 26, 2016
  7. Kari Win User
    See this video for an easy method to transfer files from old PC to new one:

[youtube]U5GQG8jegsI[/youtube]
    (Video from Ten Forums video thread.)

You need to run it twice, first time for instance your laptop as old PC and your brother's as new, second time your brother's as old and yours as new.

Kari, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

trading windows 10 laptops with my brother

1. trading windows 10 laptops with my brother - Similar Threads - trading laptops brother

2. Can I trade in my nuvision laptop tablet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I trade in my nuvision laptop tablet: Is it possible that I can trade in my nuvision laptop tablet that I can't get into for a new Microsoft laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-trade-in-my-nuvision-laptop-tablet/6c869986-0957-402b-9576-9c3e1ef2b130
  3. Can I trade in my nuvision laptop tablet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I trade in my nuvision laptop tablet: Is it possible that I can trade in my nuvision laptop tablet that I can't get into for a new Microsoft laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-trade-in-my-nuvision-laptop-tablet/6c869986-0957-402b-9576-9c3e1ef2b130
  4. Can I trade in my nuvision laptop tablet

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. Help me with my brothers laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help me with my brothers laptop: My brother cant remember his overlook password for his laptop. we try to recover it but it goes to restart it and ask the same things like troubleshoot ones and stuff but you need a password and he doesnt know it. but every option we choose it asks to restart and come back to...
  6. Help me with my brothers laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help me with my brothers laptop: My brother cant remember his overlook password for his laptop. we try to recover it but it goes to restart it and ask the same things like troubleshoot ones and stuff but you need a password and he doesnt know it. but every option we choose it asks to restart and come back to...
  7. Purchasing windows 10 trade price

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Purchasing windows 10 trade price: I run a small computer company building customized gaming PCs, my question is where can i buy windows 10 at trade price for my custom builds as at the moment i am paying £99 per license from my trade supplier any help or direction appriciated...
  8. My brothers laptop cannot update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My brothers laptop cannot update: Hello, my brother has a refurbished hp stream 14, people say it can play mc bedrock and, it says it is not supported on the microsoft store, I though maybe it need a update, but no, it says it had a problem updating while checking for updates. Will a external hard drive fix...
  9. Microsoft Trade-in no response

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Trade-in no response: Has any one here used Microsoft's trade-in service? I have sent my laptop to Microsoft after getting a quote and received a text saying that have received my device and will process my device within the next 5 working days but I have had no news since. I tried calling...
  10. Possibility of a refund or trade-in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Possibility of a refund or trade-in?: So I've recently bought a product key for Minecraft Starter's Collection, but it turned out that it was for the XBOX ONE version when what I really needed was the one for Windows 10. I was just wondering to see if there was any way a refund was possible or a trade-in for the...