Windows 10: Train Wreck! Windows 10 PC v2004 (build19041.1052)

Discus and support Train Wreck! Windows 10 PC v2004 (build19041.1052) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Well, I've done it now. I'm not really sure how I did it but I have totally disabled my Windows 10 PC! I was doing an "empty trash" on PLEX to get rid... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by weybrew, Jun 18, 2021.

1. weybrew Win User

Train Wreck! Windows 10 PC v2004 (build19041.1052)

Well, I've done it now. I'm not really sure how I did it but I have totally disabled my Windows 10 PC! I was doing an "empty trash" on PLEX to get rid of some ghost files that PLEX had already tagged as TRASH but had failed to remove. The files originally had a path to my H: drive, so to be safe, I dismounted this drive (I had it in an external dock) before running the procedure. The procedure ran fine, so I remounted H: and did a reboot. That's when all HELL broke loose. When Windows came up, about half of my desktop shortcut icons were gone while some of them worked, none of the target programs would run. I tried to do a restore but all the controls were greyed out. I looked at the first tab and discovered that the restore function had been disabled (?). After resetting this, I tried to do a reboot only to find that my keyboard was not functioning (it is wired). At some point I did get into the restore screen and tried a restore. After about an hour (I was only trying to restore C: and the windows OS) I got the msg of an incomplete restore. I tried multiple reboots without success, then I tried rebooting with my Windows Restore Disk. This didn't work either but I kept rebooting and discovered that every now and then login screen would come up with the keyboard functioning. At this point, I tried to open Windows File Explorer and even Task Manager wouldn't start. On my last try, I tried to open MY PC and got a look at my system, which looked OK. But if I clicked on any drive I'd get a "not responding" msg followed by a black screen. The shortcuts (with or without icons) when they actually took me to the target, it was non-functional. So I now have a really heavy paperweight. Is there any chance that all this web of rubbish can be straightened out? I'm using the wife's computer since it has not been infected even though it's on the same LAN. I could R E A L L Y use some a life raft.

:)

weybrew, Jun 18, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 18, 2021
  3. jnerd_0792, Jun 18, 2021
  4. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jun 18, 2021
Thema:

1. Train Wreck! Windows 10 PC v2004 (build19041.1052) - Similar Threads - Train Wreck v2004

2. Windows 10 v2004 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 v2004 Update: Howdy, I have a Lenovo E560 laptop with an i7-6500 with 16GB RAM and an AMD Radeon R7 M370 graphics card latest update installed running Windows 10 Pro v 1909. I have updated Windows every day forever BUT v 2004 is STILL NOT available; says when my device is ready it will...
  3. Windows 10 v2004 Problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 v2004 Problems: Hi. I am not very happy with Version 2004 CHKDSK /F or /R doesn't work with with Norton 360 my OEM HP Recovery partition is now corrupted every time I use the recovery partition i now get the error code 0xc000000f with bluescreen. Do me fever Microsoft Stop making...
  4. Windows 10 v2004

Windows 10 v2004: I have had nothing but problems with the May 2020 v2004 on hundreds of computers at every site I am responsible for. It breaks many ERP systems, removes Epson printers, causes general print issues, has problems with MIP Albia software, has issues with numerous 3'rd party...
  5. Windows 10 wrecking job!!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 wrecking job!!!: Hi. Windows 10 has been running successfully on one hard drive while I had vista on another. Since the last update to 10 it has managed to render the vista drive inaccessible. How do i get access to the files on vista....
  6. Unable to update to 19025.1051/1052 and GSoD

Unable to update to 19025.1051/1052 and GSoD: I'm using Windows 10 Insider Preview slow ring 19013 now and received an update to 19025.1051 (later became 1052) but was never able to update to it. The downloading and installing phase was alright, but when I reboot my computer and it enters final deployment phase, things...
  7. windows 10 update wrecked my PC

windows 10 update wrecked my PC: I installed the latest windows 10 upgrade yesterday and it was a disaster When I did the restart – I could not logon to the PC – I kept getting an error message that it could not find my user profile. I tried both password and pin – neither worked. I tried changing...
  8. 1903 train wreck - no PDF thumbnail images- et al

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    1903 train wreck - no PDF thumbnail images- et al: 1903 erased installed games of which I had only three-reinstall-fixed and don't care about the saved data It wiped out scaling of both displays and changed audio output to "the other one"- intel display properties, rescale-fixed audio fixed easy PDF .doc and .docx...
  9. 1903 train wreck - no pdg thumbnail images- et al

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    1903 train wreck - no pdg thumbnail images- et al: 1903 erased installed games of which I had only three-reinstall-fixed and don't care about the saved data It wiped out scaling of both displays and changed audio output to "the other one"- intel display properties, rescale-fixed audio fixed easy PDF .doc and .docx...
  10. Windows 10 Training videos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Training videos: Microsoft offers some fantastic short training videos on how to use most of the Office 365 apps like Word, Excel, OneDrive, etc. I cannot seem to find similar videos on using Windows 10 targeted at basic end users. Does anything like this exist? John Farr *** Email...