Windows 10: Tranferring Outlook Address book from Win 7 to Win 10

Discus and support Tranferring Outlook Address book from Win 7 to Win 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; First, some background. My old Win 7 computer motherboard died, but I have the hard drive from that machine connected to my new Windows 10 machine,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SparkyThe1st, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Tranferring Outlook Address book from Win 7 to Win 10

First, some background. My old Win 7 computer motherboard died, but I have the hard drive from that machine connected to my new Windows 10 machine, so I have access to all of the files from the old machine via a SATA to USB connection and it's listed as Drive G. I've successfully moved the emails to the new machine's Outlook, but have not been able to find any information on how to transfer the old address book to the new machine.

The only address book file I've been able to find is G:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Address Book, but this file is shown as being empty. Even the properties for this file shows 0 bytes.

Question #1: Should I be looking in another location or for a different file?

Question #2: If I should find the old address book, how do I transfer the old address book to the new machine.

Observation (or rant, if you prefer): I used the Windows Easy Transfer program to move files to the new machine. The program is supposed to transfer
    "User Accounts, Documents, Videos, Music, Pictures, Email, Browser Favorites". One would think that "Email" would include the address book and "Browser Favorites" would include saved log-in information including passwords. One, however, would think wrong. Didn't it ever occur to the Microsoft programmers, their supervisors, or management that this would be a desirable thing to be able to do? If it didn't, might I suggest that those folks step outside the corporate bubble they're obviously living in and re-enter the real world where people are less enamored with "new, exciting bells and whistles" and more involved in getting some real work done.

:)

SparkyThe1st, Jan 19, 2019
  2. sttubs Win User

Address Book is blank

I'm using Win 7 64bit & MS Office 2007. If you go under contacts everyone is listed, but the address book remains empty & it will not allow you to add anyone, any thoughts?

sttubs, Jan 19, 2019
  3. grhmlh33 Win User
    Win Address Book

Imoved from Win 7 desktop to Win 10 laptop-my address book is transferred to new laptop but group address did not transfer and I see no way to set up group address on Win 10.

Please tell me HOW TO SET UP GROUPS IN ADDRESS BOOK ON WIN 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

grhmlh33, Jan 19, 2019
  4. WEN
    wen Win User

Tranferring Outlook Address book from Win 7 to Win 10

Move Outlook 2013 Address Book Contacts to Contacts in WIN 10

How do I move Outlook 2013 Address Book CONTACTS to Win 10 CONTACTS ??

Thema:

Tranferring Outlook Address book from Win 7 to Win 10

1. Tranferring Outlook Address book from Win 7 to Win 10 - Similar Threads - Tranferring Outlook Address

2. Upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10: Hello.Few days ago i make upgrade to Windows 10 on my computer with Windows 7 PRO licence. I know that the free upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 is not free any more. If i check Activation status it is Activeted with digital licence. Is this legal?...
  3. Contacts from People to Outlook address book

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Contacts from People to Outlook address book: How do I get my Windows 10 People address list into MS Outlook, please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/contacts-from-people-to-outlook-address-book/0061408a-180a-4fac-a611-b37d85e98aba
  4. Outlook 2013 Address book

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook 2013 Address book: I bought a new PC and lost my Outlook 2013 address book in the transfer. I downloaded iphone contacts via a vcard into my contacts. However, when I type a name into the To: box for a new message, Outlook is looking for email addresses, not my contact's name. How do I get it...
  5. Upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10: If I upgrade my operating system to Win 10 , must I redownload and reinstall all the games that I have on my PC ( around 12 Terabytes ) ? or there is a workaround to avoid that ( so that I can play them in Win 10 without the hassle ) ? Most of the games are on ( steam ,...
  6. Retrograde from win 10 to win 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Retrograde from win 10 to win 7: I have a spare laptop running windows 10 but I want to retrograde it to run on windows 7, I have my original windows 7 dvd but when I try to install win 7 it stops when it tries to install the installation files and tells me to restart the installation. Help please...
  7. Migration from Win 7 to Win 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Migration from Win 7 to Win 10: I get message saying " Undoing changes made to your computer" when I do the migration Actually it appears at the last part of the process on black screen... By the way, I use boot from flash drive where win10 image stored in. Plus, I migrated many computers in my...
  8. Reset to Win 7 from Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset to Win 7 from Win 10: How do I delete a user when it does not have a name but a long number starting wit S-1-5-21-2703684248- etc. Tere is only one (1) user registered and that is the administrator. My notebook is "too old" (circa 2009) to handle Win10, therefore I need to revert back to Win 7...
  9. Address Book - Outlook - missing

in Browsers and Email
    Address Book - Outlook - missing: my computer was updated early hours this morning, 13 December, but i notice now that my address book in my email Outlook is missing. how do I get it back? .... I presume it must still be there, somewhere!! 33653
  10. Move Outlook 2013 Address Book Contacts to Contacts in WIN 10

in Browsers and Email
    Move Outlook 2013 Address Book Contacts to Contacts in WIN 10: How do I move Outlook 2013 Address Book CONTACTS to Win 10 CONTACTS ?? 22383

Users found this page by searching for:

1. address book from 7 to 10

2. how to move address book from win7 to win10