Windows 10: Transaction resource manager is not starting

Discus and support Transaction resource manager is not starting in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I cannot get the transaction resource manager so start. When I try installing windows features i get Error "Transaction support within the specified... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Gogo64Pro, Jan 12, 2022.

1. Gogo64Pro Win User

Transaction resource manager is not starting

I cannot get the transaction resource manager so start. When I try installing windows features i get Error "Transaction support within the specified resource manager is not started or was shut down due to an error" and the error code "0x80071A91", but fsutil resource srtautoreset true C:\ did not fix the problem i also tried fsutil resource start C:\, but i get Invalid operation. In the event viewer i get repeating pattern of Warning with an event id of 136 saying "The default transaction resource manager on volume C: encountered an error while

:)

Gogo64Pro, Jan 12, 2022

2. Corrupt transaction resource manager after Windows 10 install

I have a lingering problem after running a clean Windows 10 install (via Microsoft's Windows 10 media creation tool after the upgrade from Windows 8.1 failed.

It looks like the transaction resource manager is corrupted in some way and every repair I've tried has failed. The system event log is full of 136 and 137 messages (every 5 seconds):

A couple of the other symptoms are:

• Some Windows Updates are failing with error 0x80071a91. It seems to only be updates that change system components (and therefore rely on the Common Log File System). Windows Defender and Malicious Software Tool updates all install/run fine.
    • The Credential Manager service will not start with error 6801: Transaction support within the specified resource manager is not started or was shutdown due to an error

After various searches I have ...

1. Run sfc /scannow (no errors)
    2. Run chkdsk /f (no errors)
    3. Run Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth (no errors)
    4. Run fsutil resource setautoreset true c:\ and rebooted
    5. Rebooted in safe mode, deleted the *.blf *.regtran.ms and *.tm* files in %SystemRoot%\System32\SMI\Store\Machine and %SystemRoot%\config\TxR, rerun the fsutil command and rebooted
    6. Performed a clean boot to see if the problem still remains (it does)
    7. Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter in admin mode. It says that "One or more Windows Update components are configured incorrectly" and that it repaired it, however the problem still remains
    8. Reset the Windows Update components based on Windows Update - Additional resources - Windows Deployment.

None of these have fixed it and I'm not sure what went wrong in the first place during the installation. Any further suggestions, or am I up for a third rebuild?

Rhys Gibson, Jan 12, 2022
  3. Corrupt transaction resource manager after Windows 10 install

Thank you for posting the updated status of the issue.

The error code 0x80071A91 translates to " Transaction support within the specified file system resource manager is not started or was shutdown due to an error."

This issue occurs if the Windows file system transaction log is corrupted. The Windows file system uses the transaction log to recover system transactions when a file error occurs.

If the error occurs while installing Windows Update, I recommend you run the following command. This will in essence reset the File System Resource Manager (FSRM), and should resolve the issue with the failed updates.

Follow below steps recommended by our forum member Bsod:

1. Right click Start and select Command Prompt (Admin),

2. In the Command Prompt window, type the following command, and press Enter:

fsutil resource setautoreset true C:\

Note: These steps assume that Windows is installed in the default location, on drive C. If this is not the case, adjust the drive letter of the folder path to match your configuration.

3. Restart your computer, and then attempt to install the failed updates.

Hope this helps, if the issue is unresolved get back to us. We will assist you further.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jan 12, 2022
  4. Transaction resource manager is not starting

Corrupt transaction resource manager after Windows 10 install

I have a lingering problem after running a clean Windows 10 install from a USB stick after the upgrade from Windows 8.1 failed.

The symptoms are:

* Credential Manager service will not start with error 6801: Transaction support within the specified resource manager is not started or was shutdown due to an error

* Windows Updates failing with error 0x80071a91

The root cause seems to be related to the event log 136 and 137 messages, which are filling up the event log every 5 seconds:

Warning: The default transaction resource manager on volume C: encountered an error while starting and its metadata was reset. The data contains the error code.

1C00040002003000020000008800048000000000060019C000000000000000000000000000000000060019C0

Error: The default transaction resource manager on volume C: encountered a non-retryable error and could not start. The data contains the error code.

1C0004000200300002000000890004C000000000010100C000000000000000000000000000000000010100C0

After various searches I have ...

1. Run sfc /scannow (no errors)

2. Run chkdsk /f (no errors)

3. Run Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth (no errors)

4. Run fsutil resource setautoreset true c:\

5. Rebooted in safe mode, deleted the *.blf *.regtran.ms and
    *.tm*
    files in %SystemRoot%\System32\SMI\Store\Machine and in
    %SystemRoot%\config\TxR and rerun the fsutil command

None of these have fixed it. Any further suggestions?

Rhys

Rhys & Sharon Gibson, Jan 12, 2022
Thema:

Transaction resource manager is not starting

1. Transaction resource manager is not starting - Similar Threads - Transaction resource manager

2. Smartcard resource manager is not running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Smartcard resource manager is not running: Hi i make all installation and make many ways to use smart card readers from many companies but always this massage appear Smartcard resource manager is not runningplease help thanks...
  3. Smartcard resource manager is not running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Smartcard resource manager is not running: Hi i make all installation and make many ways to use smart card readers from many companies but always this massage appear Smartcard resource manager is not runningplease help thanks...
  4. Smartcard resource manager is not running

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. cannot start credential manager service because of insufficient resources

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot start credential manager service because of insufficient resources: i am having issues with user accounts and i see credential manager service stopped. when i try to start it, it says error 1450: insufficient resources exist. when i tun DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth, it says No component store corruption detected. The operation...
  6. cannot start credential manager service because of insufficient resources

cannot start credential manager service because of insufficient resources: i am having issues with user accounts and i see credential manager service stopped. when i try to start it, it says error 1450: insufficient resources exist. when i tun DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth, it says No component store corruption detected. The operation...
  7. cannot start credential manager service because of insufficient resources

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Transaction resource manager is not starting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Transaction resource manager is not starting: I cannot get the transaction resource manager so start. When I try installing windows features i get Error "Transaction support within the specified resource manager is not started or was shut down due to an error" and the error code "0x80071A91", but fsutil resource...
  9. Transaction resource manager is not starting

Transaction resource manager is not starting: I cannot get the transaction resource manager so start. When I try installing windows features i get Error "Transaction support within the specified resource manager is not started or was shut down due to an error" and the error code "0x80071A91", but fsutil resource...
  10. Transaction support within the specified resource manager is not started or was shut down

in Windows 10 News
    Transaction support within the specified resource manager is not started or was shut down: [ATTACH]Users have complained of being unable to add, edit, or delete scheduled tasks in […] This article Transaction support within the specified resource manager is not started or was shut down first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...