Windows 10: Transcode video from Explorer context menu?

Discus and support Transcode video from Explorer context menu? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Is there an app available somewhere to transcode video from the Explorer context menu? I could do with one as much to avoid breaking my concentration... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ricecrispies, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Transcode video from Explorer context menu?

Is there an app available somewhere to transcode video from the Explorer context menu? I could do with one as much to avoid breaking my concentration by being distracted by opening and configuring another app when I am trying to work on something else, as to save time. Typical use would be to save disk space by converting very large video files of low quality to small files of low quality.

:)

ricecrispies, Oct 23, 2017

2. Video Converter

i want to know, how transfer video from computer to nokia 5800.

Direct transfer .

USB Mass storage mode .

Open E in windows explorer copy video to folder videos is what i do .

Unless you mean how do i transcode video to play in 5800 xm in which case loads of posts on video conversion .

jje

jjegan---01, Oct 23, 2017
  3. N96 Real Player no sound

What application did you used in transcoding a particular video? Some apps sometime fail to transcode the audio portion, or transcode it in a format which the realplayer of the phone(not a full version) can't play. Have you try to play the transcoded video
    in pc first before transfering to the phone, if the audio is alright ? Transcode it to 3gp format, most of the time it plays the video/audio alright.
    Message Edited by android on 24-Jan-2009 09:04 AM
    Message Edited by android on 24-Jan-2009 09:07 AM

android---01, Oct 23, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Transcode video from Explorer context menu?

If you have an app that can do the transcoding, you can add it to the 'Send to...' context menu.
    You just put a shortcut to it in the %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo folder.

That would at least open it in you preferred app and save some time. If your app accepts command line switches you may even be able to configure the compression setting too - not sure how you'd configure where it would put the output file though. It very much depends on what third-party app you want to use - Windows doesn't have one of its own.

5. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Oct 23, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    For a 'home made' solution, are you familiar with FFmpeg? It's probably the best open source command line utility for video processing. I use is so much I have added it to my %PATH% environment so I can uses it from anywhere I can open a command prompt.

I've just written a .bat file with my most commonly use compression settings in it, put in in my 'C:\Program Files\FFmpeg' folder, and added a shortcut to it in the SendTo folder. It will ask you where to save to and what output filename to use, but then it just goes and compresses the video. If it's of use to you, copy and paste this into Notepad and save it as a .bat

Code: @echo off echo full path to output folder required . . . echo example: C:\TEMP set /p out_path="path to save to? : " echo Name (no spaces allowed) with an .mp4 extension required . . . example: my_video.mp4 set /p out_file="save as filename? : " echo compressing %1 to %out_file% in %out_path% choice /m "Continue with this video compression?" if ERRORLEVEL 2 goto eof ffmpeg -i %1 -crf 28 -preset veryslow -tune film %out_path%\%out_file% pause[/quote]
    Transcode video from Explorer context menu? [​IMG]

Then type the path, filename, and Y to confirm (or N to abort).

Transcode video from Explorer context menu? [​IMG]

FFmpeg can accept almost any video format as input, in this example the output must be mp4 because that is what the preconfigured compression options are intended for.

7. Thanks very much for your replies and information!

Dalchina, File Converter is exactly what I was looking for.

ricecrispies, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Transcode video from Explorer context menu?

1. Transcode video from Explorer context menu? - Similar Threads - Transcode video Explorer

2. Customize File Explorer context menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Customize File Explorer context menu?: I tried searching the tutorials but came up empty . . . Is it possible to customize the file explorer context menu to remove items you don't want to appear on the menu? The "context" in this case is the menu that appears when you click on a .txt file, an image file or a...
  3. File Explorer Second-button Context Menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Second-button Context Menu: In Detailed View mode, when right-clicking on a highlighted area of a file or folder when there is no text present, the options presented are for the folder containing that file/folder, not the file/folder being clicked on. The context-menu operation needs to work on the...
  4. No context menu HD video files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No context menu HD video files: I have many video files some are High Definition Movies. When I right click on the larger (HD) files the action to show the context menu begins but then it just churns away for as long as i care to wait but the context menu will not appear. If I click again most times it...
  5. context menu 'open' video

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    context menu 'open' video: When i right click on a video and select open my video opens in windows media player. I would like to edit the open value in the registry so it opens in another program. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where this 'open' value would be. I have found 'open...
  6. Remove from context menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove from context menu: Brink has posted a number of tutorials for removing specific program entries from the context menu. The screen shot is my current CM, showing two entries I'd like to get rid of. Is there a general method or places in the registry to look for? [img] 107356
  7. foobar2000 options missing from Window Explorer context menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    foobar2000 options missing from Window Explorer context menu: I don't have the options to play a folder or queue tracks in foobar2000 anymore in Windows Explorer context menu. I've already checked Shell Integration on foobar2000 Preferences, and "Folder context menus" box is already checked. Apparently, the foobar2000 context menu...
  8. Right click context menu for explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click context menu for explorer: Trying to create a Right click context menu for explorer. I used to be able to launch VLC mediaplayer by right clicking on a Video_ts folder and chose play with VLC, seems to have gone for some reason...tried a few programs to help me with this but no luck yet....just tried...
  9. Delete and Cut missing from File Explorer Context Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete and Cut missing from File Explorer Context Menu: My first post here. I searched here but could not find an answer, maybe someone can shed some light on this. I am trying to help an elderly friend who has run into a problem that neither of us can solve. I consider myself pretty savvy on computers, but this one has me...
  10. Windows Explorer Context Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer Context Menu: Windows Explorer Context Menu Add custom items to Windows Explorer shell context menu easily with Explorer Context Menu. Easy to start (just install), easy to add your menu items (just one line of template code for every menu item), easy to use (.Net C#, VB, etc.) easy to...