Windows 10: Transfer a license bought in MS store from a MS account to another

Discus and support Transfer a license bought in MS store from a MS account to another in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, so months ago I bought a license for Dolby Atmos in one MS account but now I want to close that account and transfer this license to my new MS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AndréSimões2, Mar 10, 2021.

1. Transfer a license bought in MS store from a MS account to another

Hi, so months ago I bought a license for Dolby Atmos in one MS account but now I want to close that account and transfer this license to my new MS account.

Is there a way to do it?

:)

AndréSimões2, Mar 10, 2021
  2. d.bachour Win User

Tranfer Windows purchased license from MS Store

Greetings,

I made a purchase like two years a go for MS Windows 10 Pro license from MS Store. May laptop had MS Windows 8.1 Home preinstalled from the vendor. So, is it possible to transfer those purchased license to another account? I mean in the Store I used one
    account that time and now I need to use another account.

Regards,

d.bachour, Mar 10, 2021
  3. Kari Win User
    Linking Windows license with MS account - What does it do?

There's a nice and practical workaround for this.

When signed in to Windows with your local account, open any native Windows UWP app. I often use Weather app for this. Sign in to app with a Microsoft account (screenshots from Weather app):

Transfer a license bought in MS store from a MS account to another [​IMG]

When you have entered your MS account email, password and in case you are using two-step authentication, the verification code, click Next to add this MS account to Windows although still keeping your local account as a sign-in account:

This does not switch your Windows 10 local account to a Microsoft account. You will continue signing in to Windows with your a local account but you have now set Windows to automatically sign in to all Microsoft apps with the MS account email. Activation will now be connected to your MS account:

This allows you to transfer the license after hardware change.

4. Kari Win User

Transfer a license bought in MS store from a MS account to another

Creating a MS account without losing Local account

Go to https://account.microsoft.com, click Create account and fill the form:

With a Microsoft account you can then use OneDrive and Office Online apps for free. You can also use built-in native Windows apps which require a Microsoft account like Mail, Skype Preview, People, Calendar and download apps from Windows Store.

See steps 3 to 5 in this tutorial to continue using local account as Windows sign-in account even when / if you download apps from store and / or use Windows apps requiring a Microsoft account, to avoid Windows user account converting to Microsoft account: Store - Use when Signing in to Windows 10 with Local Account - Windows 10 Forums

Other tutorials you might be interested in when you have created a Microsoft account:

Thema:

Transfer a license bought in MS store from a MS account to another

1. Transfer a license bought in MS store from a MS account to another - Similar Threads - Transfer license bought

2. Upgrading - want to transfer whole system to another MS account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrading - want to transfer whole system to another MS account.: Hello. I will soon be upgrading my system to an AMD 7000 series. I plan on giving my old system to my daughter who already has a Microsoft account and activated windows with a i5-3470 intel system. I was wondering if it was possible to have her account link with my old system...
  3. Upgrading - want to transfer whole system to another MS account.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading - want to transfer whole system to another MS account.: Hello. I will soon be upgrading my system to an AMD 7000 series. I plan on giving my old system to my daughter who already has a Microsoft account and activated windows with a i5-3470 intel system. I was wondering if it was possible to have her account link with my old system...
  4. [MS Store] Transfer an app that was bought on one account to another account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [MS Store] Transfer an app that was bought on one account to another account: Dears,I just miserably failed I guess. I have a MS Surface laptop which is being used by my daughter. It's running Windows 10. She has her own MS account and I have my own. I logged into her account to buy and install Sketchbook Pro app. I went into MS Store but I was logged...
  5. [MS Store] Transfer an app that was bought on one account to another account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [MS Store] Transfer an app that was bought on one account to another account: Dears,I just miserably failed I guess. I have a MS Surface laptop which is being used by my daughter. It's running Windows 10. She has her own MS account and I have my own. I logged into her account to buy and install Sketchbook Pro app. I went into MS Store but I was logged...
  6. [MS Store] Transfer an app that was bought on one account to another account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  7. Bought from MS Store BUT NO LICENCE KEY came

Bought from MS Store BUT NO LICENCE KEY came: I have a new PC with Windows 10 Home pre-installed. Since I need Windows 10 PRO I went to MS STORE and bought the Upgrade. It all went well. BUT THERE IS NO LICENCE KEY with the purchase. The system says "Windows is not activated" and problem shooting says "cannot be...
  8. Computers bought from the MS Store have no "bloatware"?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Computers bought from the MS Store have no "bloatware"?: I used to see this prominently displayed on the Store website. But not now. Has their policy changed? Is it just as well to manually uninstall OEM programs?...
  9. Transfer license to another account

Transfer license to another account: I have OEM Windows 10 on my laptop, Digital License is attached to my Microsoft Account. Is it possible to transfer the license to another account, the license will be use on the same machine. (Note:I intend to sell my laptop to another people.)...
  10. MS account / Alias / Sign in? / Transfer info to another account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    MS account / Alias / Sign in? / Transfer info to another account?: If I make an alias for my MS acoount - can I use that alias to sign in to MS services? How about can I transfer info (such as game details (from MS Store)) to another account (not alias)? 95637