Windows 10: Transfer all files and remove all files saved by Microsoft OneDrive

Discus and support Transfer all files and remove all files saved by Microsoft OneDrive in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Using the "Backing Up" and "Sync" settings options in Windows 11 for the purpose of saving nothing more than my Windows 11 Settings, Windows 11 has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JayKay1981, Apr 3, 2023.

1. Transfer all files and remove all files saved by Microsoft OneDrive

Using the "Backing Up" and "Sync" settings options in Windows 11 for the purpose of saving nothing more than my Windows 11 Settings, Windows 11 has taken it upon itself to transfer my files to its OneDrive cloud.I never wanted this to occur and Windows 11 has circumvented my explicit and implicit consent.I therefore want to know how to:1. MOVE ALL Files back to my Local C: Drive2. PERMENATELY DELETE ALL TRACE of those files from Microsoft.I am extremely irate and feel that as a consumer, I have a right to control access to whom can access my electronic device owned by myself!

:)

JayKay1981, Apr 3, 2023
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Apr 3, 2023
  3. Tatty_One Win User
    Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Apr 3, 2023
  4. Steevo Win User

Transfer all files and remove all files saved by Microsoft OneDrive

Cable to transfer files

OMG. I have never met anyone who actually bought one of those file transfer things.

Firewire will do the same as USB, but faster, so will a cheap crossover cable. I can wlak you through the steps of moving data so you will not miss a beat.

Anything more than $10 to buy a cable is too much.

Steevo, Apr 3, 2023
Thema:

Transfer all files and remove all files saved by Microsoft OneDrive

1. Transfer all files and remove all files saved by Microsoft OneDrive - Similar Threads - Transfer files remove

2. How to transfer all onedrive files to another account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to transfer all onedrive files to another account?: Hi,I had an institutional onedrive subscription over the past 4 years which will soon be ending. I have just purchased a personal microsoft 365 subscription and I want to know how could I transfer all the files in my institutional account over to my new personal one?Thanks...
  3. How to transfer all onedrive files to another account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to transfer all onedrive files to another account?: Hi,I had an institutional onedrive subscription over the past 4 years which will soon be ending. I have just purchased a personal microsoft 365 subscription and I want to know how could I transfer all the files in my institutional account over to my new personal one?Thanks...
  4. File mysteriously not saving, then all contents being removed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File mysteriously not saving, then all contents being removed: Hello everyone,I had a Microsoft Word document I was working on, where after I saved and closed, the file had reverted to a previous save and was not updated. You can even see the "last opened" date was not the date of the last save. Then, after trying to restore the previous...
  5. File mysteriously not saving, then all contents being removed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File mysteriously not saving, then all contents being removed: Hello everyone,I had a Microsoft Word document I was working on, where after I saved and closed, the file had reverted to a previous save and was not updated. You can even see the "last opened" date was not the date of the last save. Then, after trying to restore the previous...
  6. File mysteriously not saving, then all contents being removed

7. Transfer all files and remove all files saved by Microsoft OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer all files and remove all files saved by Microsoft OneDrive: Using the "Backing Up" and "Sync" settings options in Windows 11 for the purpose of saving nothing more than my Windows 11 Settings, Windows 11 has taken it upon itself to transfer my files to its OneDrive cloud.I never wanted this to occur and Windows 11 has circumvented my...
  8. Remove all onedrive files from recent files showing in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove all onedrive files from recent files showing in File Explorer: I can remove any file from recent files showing in File Explorer except for any onedrive files. If I right click on the file and select remove from recent, nothing happens. How do I remove all onedrive files from recent files showing in File Explorer?...
  9. All files are saving as PDF

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All files are saving as PDF: Hello Microsoft Community!I am having an issue that just started today, very strange and annoying. All of my files are saving in PDF format, no matter the original program or the "Save As" selection. It is still showing up in the file explorer as a PDF. Below are a few steps...
  10. All files are saving as PDF

All files are saving as PDF: Hello Microsoft Community!I am having an issue that just started today, very strange and annoying. All of my files are saving in PDF format, no matter the original program or the "Save As" selection. It is still showing up in the file explorer as a PDF. Below are a few steps...