Windows 10: Transfer an OLD windows license Retail version to a newly purchased PC

Discus and support Transfer an OLD windows license Retail version to a newly purchased PC in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi I recently assembled a new PC and installed windows10 Pro. Presently the window is not activated. I have an OLD laptop purchased 6 years back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by FAIZALKV, Nov 3, 2020.

1. FAIZALKV Win User

Transfer an OLD windows license Retail version to a newly purchased PC

Hi

I recently assembled a new PC and installed windows10 Pro. Presently the window is not activated.

I have an OLD laptop purchased 6 years back with a windows 8.1 Now recently upgraded to windows10 single language. Surprisingly when I run the code slmgr /dli in old laptop It is showing that it is a retail license and I got the 25 letter windows key using the code wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey.

So my question is whether this license is transferable or not...? I will not be using the old laptop any more

Please help me in this regard

:)

FAIZALKV, Nov 3, 2020
  2. CyrilJoy Win User

Transfer of Windows 10 Pro Retail License from old PC to a new PC

I had purchased a Windows 7 PC, and upgraded my PC to Windows 8 Pro during the upgrade offer by purchasing a Windows 8 pro license. Now I would like to transfer my license to another PC because i am thinking of disposing of my old PC. My digital license
    is linked to my Microsoft account. Please tell me the steps to transfer my license. Please note that I ran the script manager and it says I have a Retail License.

Transfer an OLD windows license Retail version to a newly purchased PC dbef5e3e-291c-4bee-a74b-dbad2b1f54b6?upload=true.jpg

CyrilJoy, Nov 3, 2020
  3. Purchased Windows 10 pro retail version and want to move it to a new motherboard

Yes, a retail purchased license includes unlimited transfer rights. Its a full version and you can move to new motherboard without hindrance. Learn more:

Andre Da Costa, Nov 3, 2020
  4. Transfer an OLD windows license Retail version to a newly purchased PC

Transferring of Windows Retail Key from OLD PC to New PC

Hi there,

I am having windows retail key installed in Old Laptop. Now I want to transfer windows key to newly procured desktop. Could you please help me to transfer the key to new PC to activate it.

Regards

Sameer M

sameer_123, Nov 3, 2020
Thema:

Transfer an OLD windows license Retail version to a newly purchased PC

1. Transfer an OLD windows license Retail version to a newly purchased PC - Similar Threads - Transfer OLD license

2. Help transfering Windows Retail license to a newly built computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help transfering Windows Retail license to a newly built computer.: Hi, I had an old computer which started with Vista. I upgraded it to Windows 7 Pro Retail license came in CD around 6 years or so ago. When Windows 10 first came, I upgraded it to that. I remember, the mother board got broken around 2017 and I replaced it and was able to...
  3. Help transfering Windows Retail license to a newly built computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help transfering Windows Retail license to a newly built computer.: Hi, I had an old computer which started with Vista. I upgraded it to Windows 7 Pro Retail license came in CD around 6 years or so ago. When Windows 10 first came, I upgraded it to that. I remember, the mother board got broken around 2017 and I replaced it and was able to...
  4. Help transfering Windows Retail license to a newly built computer.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. License transfer from old PC

License transfer from old PC: Hi there,I'm trying to transfer a windows license from my old PC to my new one.My current PC has Windows 10 Home while my old PC has Windows 10 Pro.I've tried contacting support but it doesn't give me the required help.When asking to speak to somebody it encounters an...
  6. Transferring license to another pc with Windows 10 retail

Transferring license to another pc with Windows 10 retail: Hi, I have been getting so many mixed message regarding "retail" not OEM version of Windows 10 that I just want to get some confirmation. Can windows 10 pro retail transferable to another pc infinitely as long it's tied to one pc? Some shops told me that there is a limit to...
  7. Transfer of Windows 10 Pro Retail License from old PC to a new PC

Transfer of Windows 10 Pro Retail License from old PC to a new PC: I had purchased a Windows 7 PC, and upgraded my PC to Windows 8 Pro during the upgrade offer by purchasing a Windows 8 pro license. Now I would like to transfer my license to another PC because i am thinking of disposing of my old PC. My digital license is linked to my...
  8. transferring licensed retail version of Windows 10 to a new computer

transferring licensed retail version of Windows 10 to a new computer: I have a full licensed retail version of Windows 10 on my old computer. Full details please of how this ma[y be transferred to my new computer. Am not an IT guru so need details of where to access the old Product key Many thanks Charlie #&...
  9. Purchasing Windows 10 Retail License

Purchasing Windows 10 Retail License: Hi I need to know is their any provision windows is selling a retail key of Windows 10 for lifetime validity I had found a guy on e-commerce site selling the Genuine Windows 10 Key at Rs. 299 Is this Genuine Or Someone is taking Advantage of Microsoft Name in India ....
  10. Transfer Windows 10 retail license to new PC

Transfer Windows 10 retail license to new PC: Hello guys i buyed a retail key for windows 10 pro my Laptop was on Windows 10 home OEM but i will buy a new PC soon so how i can transfer my pro license to my new pc do i need to re enter my key? or only format old pc and sing in on the new PC to update to pro?...