Windows 10: Transfer an OLD windows license Retail version to a newly purchased PC

Discus and support Transfer an OLD windows license Retail version to a newly purchased PC in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi I recently assembled a new PC and installed windows10 Pro. Presently the window is not activated. I have an OLD laptop purchased 6 years back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by FAIZALKV, Nov 3, 2020.

1. FAIZALKV Win User

Transfer an OLD windows license Retail version to a newly purchased PC

Hi

I recently assembled a new PC and installed windows10 Pro. Presently the window is not activated.

I have an OLD laptop purchased 6 years back with a windows 8.1 Now recently upgraded to windows10 single language. Surprisingly when I run the code slmgr /dli in old laptop It is showing that it is a retail license and I got the 25 letter windows key using the code wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey.

So my question is whether this license is transferable or not...? I will not be using the old laptop any more

Please help me in this regard

:)

FAIZALKV, Nov 3, 2020
  2. CyrilJoy Win User

Transfer of Windows 10 Pro Retail License from old PC to a new PC

I had purchased a Windows 7 PC, and upgraded my PC to Windows 8 Pro during the upgrade offer by purchasing a Windows 8 pro license. Now I would like to transfer my license to another PC because i am thinking of disposing of my old PC. My digital license
    is linked to my Microsoft account. Please tell me the steps to transfer my license. Please note that I ran the script manager and it says I have a Retail License.

Transfer an OLD windows license Retail version to a newly purchased PC dbef5e3e-291c-4bee-a74b-dbad2b1f54b6?upload=true.jpg

CyrilJoy, Nov 3, 2020
  3. Purchased Windows 10 pro retail version and want to move it to a new motherboard

Yes, a retail purchased license includes unlimited transfer rights. Its a full version and you can move to new motherboard without hindrance. Learn more:

Andre Da Costa, Nov 3, 2020
  4. Transfer an OLD windows license Retail version to a newly purchased PC

Transferring of Windows Retail Key from OLD PC to New PC

Hi there,

I am having windows retail key installed in Old Laptop. Now I want to transfer windows key to newly procured desktop. Could you please help me to transfer the key to new PC to activate it.

Regards

Sameer M

sameer_123, Nov 3, 2020
Thema:

Transfer an OLD windows license Retail version to a newly purchased PC

1. Transfer an OLD windows license Retail version to a newly purchased PC - Similar Threads - Transfer OLD license

2. Retail license transfer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Retail license transfer: Hi, I just changed to a completely different PC. I want my Windows 11 Pro license on the new one. What should I do? It is a retail key, I checked with command prompt and some commands I don't remember now....
  3. Retail license transfer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Retail license transfer: Hi, I just changed to a completely different PC. I want my Windows 11 Pro license on the new one. What should I do? It is a retail key, I checked with command prompt and some commands I don't remember now....
  4. How to transfer retail license.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to transfer retail license.: Hello,So I have Win 10 retail license assigned to one my my microsft accounts which I'm not using it any more. Is there a way to transfer that license to a different account.Best Regards....
  5. How to transfer retail license.

How to transfer retail license.: Hello,So I have Win 10 retail license assigned to one my my microsft accounts which I'm not using it any more. Is there a way to transfer that license to a different account.Best Regards....
  6. Help transfering Windows Retail license to a newly built computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help transfering Windows Retail license to a newly built computer.: Hi, I had an old computer which started with Vista. I upgraded it to Windows 7 Pro Retail license came in CD around 6 years or so ago. When Windows 10 first came, I upgraded it to that. I remember, the mother board got broken around 2017 and I replaced it and was able to...
  7. Help transfering Windows Retail license to a newly built computer.

Help transfering Windows Retail license to a newly built computer.: Hi, I had an old computer which started with Vista. I upgraded it to Windows 7 Pro Retail license came in CD around 6 years or so ago. When Windows 10 first came, I upgraded it to that. I remember, the mother board got broken around 2017 and I replaced it and was able to...
  8. Help transfering Windows Retail license to a newly built computer.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  9. Transfer of Windows 10 Pro Retail License from old PC to a new PC

Transfer of Windows 10 Pro Retail License from old PC to a new PC: I had purchased a Windows 7 PC, and upgraded my PC to Windows 8 Pro during the upgrade offer by purchasing a Windows 8 pro license. Now I would like to transfer my license to another PC because i am thinking of disposing of my old PC. My digital license is linked to my...
  10. Purchasing Windows 10 Retail License

Purchasing Windows 10 Retail License: Hi I need to know is their any provision windows is selling a retail key of Windows 10 for lifetime validity I had found a guy on e-commerce site selling the Genuine Windows 10 Key at Rs. 299 Is this Genuine Or Someone is taking Advantage of Microsoft Name in India ....