Windows 10: Transfer apps to clean windows version

Discus and support Transfer apps to clean windows version in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, i dual booted Linux and windows. I wanted to uninstall Linux and grub, so I mounted the EFI partition. Instead of deleting the Ubuntu folder I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jurn Wubben, Nov 3, 2020.

1. Transfer apps to clean windows version

Hi, i dual booted Linux and windows.

I wanted to uninstall Linux and grub, so I mounted the EFI partition.

Instead of deleting the Ubuntu folder I deleted the whole EFI folder.

I made the Windows boot folder with a live USB stick.

Now I can boot my computer but it can't hibernate and fast startup, so I want a clean windows install.

But I have license codes and I don't want to install all my apps on the new installation.

Can someone help me with transfer apps and license codes?

My first plan was making a system image but that includes the EFI partitions so that is not an option anymore

Sorry for my bad English

:)

Jurn Wubben, Nov 3, 2020

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Nov 3, 2020
  3. DrPepper Win User
    Best way to keep vista clean and healthy

Yeah just caught it there.

I'm going to attempt to have a step by step guide on how to use these programs efficiently.

DrPepper, Nov 3, 2020
  4. Transfer apps to clean windows version

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Nov 3, 2020
Thema:

Transfer apps to clean windows version

1. Transfer apps to clean windows version - Similar Threads - Transfer apps clean

2. Transferring Windows 8 key to clean install of Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring Windows 8 key to clean install of Windows 11: I bought a retail Windows 8 Pro key direct from MS when it first came out. I upgraded to Windows 10 when that came out. The key isn't linked to my Microsoft account.I am building a new PC that I want to put Windows 11 on. Can I use my old Windows 8 key?I know I can't use the...
  3. Transferring Windows 8 key to clean install of Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring Windows 8 key to clean install of Windows 11: I bought a retail Windows 8 Pro key direct from MS when it first came out. I upgraded to Windows 10 when that came out. The key isn't linked to my Microsoft account.I am building a new PC that I want to put Windows 11 on. Can I use my old Windows 8 key?I know I can't use the...
  4. FileHistory Clean Up Versions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    FileHistory Clean Up Versions: Window 10 Home 64 Bit 10.0.19044 Build 19044When I try to clean up versions in FileHistory, I get the error: Element Not Found.I have tried Stop Using File History, formatted my backup drive and backed up from scratch, but the error persists....
  5. Laptop replacement - issues with app transfer - different windows versions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop replacement - issues with app transfer - different windows versions: Hello,My main laptop has been a Windows 10 for home Dell XPS. The laptop developed a hardware issue doesn't prevent current use but ultimately requires replacement. Thankfully I was covered under a support package. Due to unavailable part, the laptop is being replaced...
  6. Laptop replacement - issues with app transfer - different windows versions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop replacement - issues with app transfer - different windows versions: Hello,My main laptop has been a Windows 10 for home Dell XPS. The laptop developed a hardware issue doesn't prevent current use but ultimately requires replacement. Thankfully I was covered under a support package. Due to unavailable part, the laptop is being replaced...
  7. Laptop replacement - issues with app transfer - different windows versions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. File transfer and cleaning a computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File transfer and cleaning a computer: How do I transfer files from an old computer to a new one - photos, documents, etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-transfer-and-cleaning-a-computer/d6646d1b-5eef-446b-9f71-02803ab49360
  9. Transferring windows versions

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transferring windows versions: Hi, I have two laptops with w10 pro and w10 home edition, is there a way to chance the version? So that the first one becomes w10 home other became pro ?...
  10. no "clean up version" option

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    no "clean up version" option: I am trying to utilize the back up file history and clearly I'm out of space. Just read some really good articles on how to make some changes to keep from running out of space for the back up in the future but I don't have the option to clean up older versions of backups....