Windows 10: Transfer computer and windows account

Discus and support Transfer computer and windows account in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have purchased a new laptop computer. I have given my old laptop Windows 10 to my grandson. How do I transfer the old laptop and windows 10 to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by kwthere318, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Transfer computer and windows account

I have purchased a new laptop computer. I have given my old laptop Windows 10 to my grandson.

How do I transfer the old laptop and windows 10 to my grandson?

:)

kwthere318, Jun 5, 2020
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Transfer computer and windows account :(

Zakin, Jun 5, 2020
  3. rss81 Win User
    transfer files between computers on a home network

I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected wirelessly.

Could some one provide either specific step by step instructions on how to do this (I googled and found a countless list of instructions that don't work)

or a link to a reference.

Thanks,

I don't know if this is possible but it would be nice to see the computer sending the desired file in the explorer file manager of the computer receiving the desired file and then under the computer see a list
    of shared files and folders.

Again, this seems like such a reasonable way of sharing files and folders. Shouldn't there be a simple way to do this?

rss81, Jun 5, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

Transfer computer and windows account

Multiple questions about installing - transfer accounts etc.

According to you, the accounts were Windows built-in admin, a local admin and standard user. None of them needs to be moved.

The built-in admin account, as the name says, will be there when you boot the laptop first time. It is disabled by default, you just need to enable it. For two other accounts, simply create same accounts on laptop.

Attach the HDD to laptop using an external USB enclosure, copy contents of data folders to respective folders on laptop.

You mentioned that the desktop accounts were / are local accounts, not Microsoft accounts. See the options to get Pro here:
    If you can still access Windows on desktop, boot it up, make it a Microsoft account and link license to that MS account. Tutorials:
    When done, see this tutorial. It will show step by step what do on the laptop to transfer desktop license to it: Use Activation Troubleshooter in Windows 10

This article is the best I have seen about when a license transfer is possible, and when not:

Kari, Jun 5, 2020
Thema:

Transfer computer and windows account

1. Transfer computer and windows account - Similar Threads - Transfer computer account

2. Microsoft Account Transfer When Gifting A Computer?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft Account Transfer When Gifting A Computer?: I built a computer that has an activated OEM Windows 10 Pro operating system. I sign into this computer using my Microsoft account. I now wish to give this computer to my brother. I plan on doing a clean install of Windows to remove my programs, etc.How do I make it so he can...
  3. Microsoft Account Transfer When Gifting A Computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account Transfer When Gifting A Computer?: I built a computer that has an activated OEM Windows 10 Pro operating system. I sign into this computer using my Microsoft account. I now wish to give this computer to my brother. I plan on doing a clean install of Windows to remove my programs, etc.How do I make it so he can...
  4. Microsoft Account Transfer When Gifting A Computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Transferring Money Accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring Money Accounts: I have been using Microsoft Money for about 16 years now, on which I keep all my family's accounts and finances. I am aware that it was discontinued in 2009, but I was wondering if there is a way I could transfer the programme and all my data to a new Windows 11 PC? As I am...
  6. Transfer windows to new computer.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer windows to new computer.: Recently my motherboard broke down and the pc wont turn on again. I had windows 10 pro installed and wanted to know if there is a way once i install a new motherboard to clean install windows via the same digital license - if so where can i find the license if the pc wont...
  7. Transfer computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Transfer computer: I'm giving my PC to my brother and want to keep all of the settings the same except I want to change the account that is affiliated with the PC and remove my name and put his name on it. How do I just make him the primary name on the account and the administrator?...
  8. transfer of email account from business computer to home computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    transfer of email account from business computer to home computer: I sold the business last week and the computer with with the new buyer I want to transfer my email account from shop computer to home computer Can you please help? Thank you Mukund...
  9. Account Transfer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Account Transfer: Hi all, I have been using a different computer for a while now but I haven't been using it in my account. I had never got around to adding my account to the computer and had been using my little brothers account. It has been around 6 months now and I want to use my account...
  10. transferring a computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    transferring a computer: I want to give my win 10 asus laptop to a friend. I want my data and apps off the computer but I want friend to register the win 10 in their name and use as if from new. Is there a link?...