Windows 10: transfer computer ownership

Discus and support transfer computer ownership in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have given my laptop computer to my daughter. How can I give her all the authority, rights, powers to use all of the functions without having to go... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by VincentFarhood, Aug 8, 2020.

1. transfer computer ownership

I have given my laptop computer to my daughter. How can I give her all the authority, rights, powers to use all of the functions without having to go to my passwords or my account?

Thank you

vincent

:)

VincentFarhood, Aug 8, 2020

2. Transferring Ownership of Desktop to a Family Member

Hey! Thanks for replying!

• The account on the desktop being transferred to my mom is a Microsoft Account, I also use it on my current laptop.
    • I purchased MS Office 2010 for her, she said she should have the disc/product key but will look today.
    • I wish to transfer ownership of MS Office 2013 currently on the desktop, I've upgraded to MS Office 2016 on my laptop.
    • One of the main reasons I'm handing this down is the condition of her computer and that my gifted computer has been sitting for about six to eight months. It may have been longer but ... Should I update Windows prior to transferring ownership?
    Thank you for your time and efforts!

MR

MRileyDE302, Aug 8, 2020
  3. Transferring Ownership of Desktop to a Family Member

Hi,

There are several possible ways that you can transfer ownership of certain Microsoft products. One option is that if you have the product key of the software you can reinstall it and then enter new information. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer
    the question below:

• The login you're using for your Windows 10 computer, is that a Microsoft account or a local user account?
    • Do you still have the installer for the Microsoft Office 2010 suite and the product key?
    • What other applications do you wish to transfer ownership?
    • Which version and build of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Aug 8, 2020
  4. rss81 Win User

transfer computer ownership

transfer files between computers on a home network

I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected wirelessly.

Could some one provide either specific step by step instructions on how to do this (I googled and found a countless list of instructions that don't work)

or a link to a reference.

Thanks,

I don't know if this is possible but it would be nice to see the computer sending the desired file in the explorer file manager of the computer receiving the desired file and then under the computer see a list
    of shared files and folders.

Again, this seems like such a reasonable way of sharing files and folders. Shouldn't there be a simple way to do this?

rss81, Aug 8, 2020
Thema:

transfer computer ownership

1. transfer computer ownership - Similar Threads - transfer computer ownership

2. Request transfer of laptop Microsoft Account ownership

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Request transfer of laptop Microsoft Account ownership: I have two laptops which have the same Microsoft account login *** Email address is removed for privacy ***.I would like to transfer one of the laptop Microsoft login to my family member. Appreciate you for guiding me on how to do the Microsoft account transfer in that...
  3. Request transfer of laptop Microsoft Account ownership

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Request transfer of laptop Microsoft Account ownership: I have two laptops which have the same Microsoft account login *** Email address is removed for privacy ***.I would like to transfer one of the laptop Microsoft login to my family member. Appreciate you for guiding me on how to do the Microsoft account transfer in that...
  4. Window license ownership transfer guide

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Window license ownership transfer guide: Hi, i am considering to buy 2nd hand pc.may i know if i buy a refurbished PC that comes with OEM window 10 license, i will also get the ownership of Window 10 license transferred from previous 1st owner to the new owner which is me?Is there a specific page in MS Website or...
  5. Window license ownership transfer guide

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window license ownership transfer guide: Hi, i am considering to buy 2nd hand pc.may i know if i buy a refurbished PC that comes with OEM window 10 license, i will also get the ownership of Window 10 license transferred from previous 1st owner to the new owner which is me?Is there a specific page in MS Website or...
  6. Window license ownership transfer guide

7. Transfering ownership of whiteboards

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfering ownership of whiteboards: Hello,I'm looking for a way to transfer my whiteboards from one account to another. They are both personal accounts. Let me know what my options are,Thanks!...
  8. Transfering ownership of whiteboards

Transfering ownership of whiteboards: Hello,I'm looking for a way to transfer my whiteboards from one account to another. They are both personal accounts. Let me know what my options are,Thanks!...
  9. computer ownership

computer ownership: My niece gave me her old computer because it wasn't working. I replaced the mother board, and it is working now. It had windows 8.1 on it. I installed windows 10. How do I take this computer off of her microsoft account and put it on my microsoft account....
  10. Transfer of Windows / Office Ownership

Transfer of Windows / Office Ownership: I purchased a laptop computer from another individual earlier this year. The laptop has a registered copy of Windows 10 Pro and the Microsoft Office Suite. When I purchased the laptop, it was the understanding that I was purchasing the laptop along with the OS and Office...