Windows 10: Transfer computer to family member

Discus and support Transfer computer to family member in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi I am giving my old computer to my son, what do I need to do? I intend to do a clean install of Windows 10 to bring it back to factory default but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MaureenWilliams2, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Transfer computer to family member

Hi

I am giving my old computer to my son, what do I need to do? I intend to do a clean install of Windows 10 to bring it back to factory default but how do I go about activating Windows for him?

:)

MaureenWilliams2, Sep 6, 2019

2. Unable to add another family member on the system

Hi Mel,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with your issue.

It would be grateful if you can reply to this question in order to assist you further:

• What happens when you try to add a family member on your system?
    • Do you receive any error message or code?
    • Are you logged in with administrator account?
    I suggest you to follow the steps on how to add another family member on your PC and check if it helps:

Set up family features

Let us know the results. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Sep 6, 2019
  3. Windows Hello won't work for a family member account

• Have you applied a group policy? If yes, you may check this article on
      how to resolve the issue.
      • No group policy applied
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
      • It’s a new computer. As soon as I created my administrator account I created a family account for my wife. Everything else works on her account but Windows Hello does not work (the camera).
    • What is the exact error message?
      • I attempted to attach screen shots of each step we have gone through but it would accept Word or PDF files. Is there another way I can get them to you?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve this?
      • I deleted her family member account, created a PC account (with the same results), deleted the PC account and recreated the family member account. No luck with her Windows Hello.
    There is a possibility that the family member account/profile that you have created is corrupted/damaged. We suggest that you try re-configuring the profile.
    (Already did that)

Michael_DS, Sep 6, 2019
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Transfer computer to family member

Add member to your Microsoft family in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To add a family member to your Microsoft account, I suggest you to follow the steps from

Add members to your Microsoft family.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 6, 2019
Thema:

Transfer computer to family member

1. Transfer computer to family member - Similar Threads - Transfer computer family

2. Family Member

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Member: I created an email for my son under my account when he was born. Now that he's 9 and started using laptop I wanted for him to login to windows using his account. The problem is that his email is linked as a secondary email in my account so it doesn't let me add as a family...
  3. Family Member

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family Member: I created an email for my son under my account when he was born. Now that he's 9 and started using laptop I wanted for him to login to windows using his account. The problem is that his email is linked as a secondary email in my account so it doesn't let me add as a family...
  4. Family Member Status

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family Member Status: I incorrectly set my wife's account as Child, How can I change her account type to spouse please? Thanks.RegardsAK https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-member-status/f942d00a-a49d-4ea3-8bc3-18e4757c7e35
  5. Family Member Status

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Member Status: I incorrectly set my wife's account as Child, How can I change her account type to spouse please? Thanks.RegardsAK https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-member-status/f942d00a-a49d-4ea3-8bc3-18e4757c7e35
  6. Family Member Status

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Family members

Family members: I have added my wife as a family member and have received a notification that she has been added as a child. How can I correct it to an adult? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-members/88401424-5bce-403a-a5fe-c2dd9ac07f52
  8. Need to access a deceased family member's computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Need to access a deceased family member's computer: Hi, This year had a family member who died from cancer. I want to access their laptop to clean out the computer, close down any accounts they had and end their email coming in, things like that. Problem is someone tossed out the book that had their passwords including...
  9. Deceased family member

Deceased family member: I want to get into my grandmother's computer to try and find some pictures before i reset her computer. Every attempt at recovering the password has failed saying I don't have enough of her information. I have been on the phone and trying to use the virtual agent for an hour....
  10. Family Member not showing

Family Member not showing: Hello, I'm hoping someone can help me. I have been having real trouble with my Microsoft account today. I have added myself a new account as i have a new email address. I wanted to allow my daughter to use the laptop and tried to add her as a user, so that when it turned...