Windows 10: transfer data between wind 7 and 10

Discus and support transfer data between wind 7 and 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; transfer data between wind 7 and 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by geosmith1, Aug 24, 2019.

1. geosmith1 Win User

transfer data between wind 7 and 10

:)

geosmith1, Aug 24, 2019
  2. DavidRVA Win User

Transfer files (Pictures, Documents) from a Windows 7 PC to a Windows 10 PC

I recently purchased a new laptop with windows 10. My old laptop has windows 7. Can anyone list the step-by-step instructions for transferring the data to the new machine? I understand that windows easy transfer is no longer an option for windows 10.

DavidRVA, Aug 24, 2019
  3. Data transfer

How can I transfer data (no programs or windows just setups and games)from one HDD to another please tell me all the steps, I have heard that in 2 sata if there is a window installed in both of them it could cause a problem. So, here is what I'm going to do so correct me if I'm wrong. both of them Are SATA WD

1 using XP CD going to delete the C partition in old HDD
    2 taking the HDD out
    4 partition the new HDD in new PC by using XP CD
    5 install Win 7
    6 connect the old HDD with SATA data and power cable
    7 check if it is detected in bios
    8 disk management initialize disk(i don't know if this is necessary)
    9 copy paste

ELiTRiGG3R, Aug 24, 2019
  4. pants Win User

Data Transfer from 7 to 10

Hello Everyone, with the new WIN 10 RTM right around the corner, and everyone seem to be getting their systems ready for WIN 10, I was wondering about the Transfer of my current genuine WIN 7 Data on my current machine, to a new install of WIN 10 on my current machine, ( When i Decide to install WIN 10 )

I am guessing if i do a DATA transfer to a EXT Drive, and then do i clean install of WIN 10, and then Transfer the DATA back to the NEW CLEAN Install of WIN 10, every thing should be the same as i currently have , Except for the ascetic look of my current WIN 7 ?

Thanks in advance,

pants, Aug 24, 2019
Thema:

1. transfer data between wind 7 and 10 - Similar Threads - transfer data between

2. Transfer data and apps between accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Transfer data and apps between accounts: I have a problem on a Windows 10 Laptop. Booting and launching apps takes a long time. Once in an app it runs as it should. A friend of mine who works for Microsoft suggested that I set up a new user account. I can do that, but i've received conflicting advice on moving...
  3. Transfer data and apps between accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer data and apps between accounts: I have a problem on a Windows 10 Laptop. Booting and launching apps takes a long time. Once in an app it runs as it should. A friend of mine who works for Microsoft suggested that I set up a new user account. I can do that, but i've received conflicting advice on moving...
  4. Transfer data and apps between accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. data transfer between old/new laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    data transfer between old/new laptop: looking for a solution to transfer data between laptops on a budget that wont take days (we are talking less than a tb of data but many images/videos), l would have used Reflect which seemed quite quick but l dont have two licences as it seems to only be a licenced feature....
  6. transferring data between user accounts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    transferring data between user accounts: Ok so basically what has happened is my brother has been on my pc and signed into my friends microsoft account and "linked" it or something and now his microsoft account holds all my data and cookies and pretty much everything i have ever done on my pc. i uased a local...
  7. Transfer data files rom windows 7 to windows 10

Transfer data files rom windows 7 to windows 10: How can I transfer data files from windows 7 to windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-data-files-rom-windows-7-to-windows-10/ba5e52aa-6049-4282-9486-2ba80b70f055"
  8. Transferring data between two computers.

in Windows 10 Support
    Transferring data between two computers.: Hello, I have recently bought a new laptop and I want to transfer all the data from my Personal Computer to laptop. Which option should I use, disk image or clone creator? Is transferring all the data in order to make my laptop the same as my computer even possible? Both...
  9. Slow Data Transfer Speeds in Home Network Between PCs

Slow Data Transfer Speeds in Home Network Between PCs: I'm wondering if there's any way I can increase the data transfer speed between 2 of my computers on my wireless network. I'm seeing about 1.25MB/s according to the box that shows you the speed/duration of a file transfer. I'd love to even triple this tiny speed because I am...
  10. Data Transfer from 7 to 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Data Transfer from 7 to 10: Hello Everyone, with the new WIN 10 RTM right around the corner, and everyone seem to be getting their systems ready for WIN 10, I was wondering about the Transfer of my current genuine WIN 7 Data on my current machine, to a new install of WIN 10 on my current machine, ( When...