Windows 10: Transfer data, external ->new nstall =My Videos/Pictures/Music exist

Discus and support Transfer data, external ->new nstall =My Videos/Pictures/Music exist in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Clean install of W10 Plugged in external HDD to transfer backed up files back to new unit. sperateley copied and pasted inot coresponding folders on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BrandoAZ, Apr 29, 2019.

1. BrandoAZ Win User

Transfer data, external ->new nstall =My Videos/Pictures/Music exist

Clean install of W10
    Plugged in external HDD to transfer backed up files back to new unit.
    sperateley copied and pasted inot coresponding folders on new machine:
    Pictures
    Desktop
    The started
    Documents: (258 items)
    Tamsfer goes to 99% and then i get this:

Transfer data, external ->new nstall =My Videos/Pictures/Music exist [​IMG]

Saying a folder named My Videos already exists
    I skip and it presents the same for My Videos and My Music
    Heres the thing, i cannot find in either the orginal "Documents" files folder on the external HDD or the target Documents and of those folders>
    it also present on for desktop.ini which i also skip.

The target (new install) Documents folder shows 254 items( obviously the 4 i skipped)

What am i missing, are there hidden files folders?
    How should i handle these folders?

:)

BrandoAZ, Apr 29, 2019
  2. numbed79 Win User

Sending pictures to an existing CDR

I used XP for almost fourteen years without a problem. Now that I have windows10 I haven't been able to add pictures to exist8ing cd's. No problems with data or music. I also cannot view the picture CD's. I double click burn to disc but nothing happens. I get a list but no way to view it. I get a notice,these files are ready....etc. but when I click on a folder to transfer new contents...nothing happens. I'm at a loss on how to procede. Any step by step would be greatlyb appreciated.

numbed79, Apr 29, 2019
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    data transfer to new computer

No one can guess how you transfered your data.

To transfer your personal data (documents, pictures, music, etc.) copy the files and folders from the old computer to an external USB hard drive or a USB flash drive; then copy them to the corresponding folders (i.e., Documents, Music, Pictures, etc.) in your
    user account
    in the new computer.

Programs cannot be transferred; they have to be re-installed in the new computer.

BulldogXX, Apr 29, 2019
  4. Transfer data, external ->new nstall =My Videos/Pictures/Music exist

My data folders (Documents, Pictures, Videos, Music, etc) are on DRIVE E: not Drive C:

I THINK the programs are looking in the wrong place.

All my Programs are stored on Drive C:

Drive D: is my Recovery Image

Drive E: is where all my Data files were stored (Documents-Pictures-Videos, etc).

Drive F: has: Clipart-Document Themes 14-Media-MSOCache-Office 14 - Stationery - and Templates.

Hewlett Packard set my computer system up.

Before I did what you suggested above about MOVING files - I had only one listing for Drive ETransfer data, external ->new nstall =My Videos/Pictures/Music exist :(DATADRIVE1-Docs-Pics-Video-Music). Now Drive E: shows up listed under THIS PC as E:\ (and it contains ALL my data - docs-Pics-Video-Music)). All these data
    folders also show up listed under THIS PC in the DOCUMENT folder; AND, all the datat folders also show up in DATADRIVE1-Docs-Pixs-Music-Video!!!! Whatever happened when I moved the files caused them to appear in several places!

I don't think the programs know where to find anything!!!! DUD!

I also have 4 external Western Digital hard drives (but I don't have all of them plugged in simultaneously). My problem with the external hard drives is that now Windows does recognize my 6 TB one - I know it is working because the little light is on and
    blinking....the drive just does not show up in File Explorer.

Do you have any suggestions?

PattiCampbell, Apr 29, 2019
Thema:

Transfer data, external ->new nstall =My Videos/Pictures/Music exist

1. Transfer data, external ->new nstall =My Videos/Pictures/Music exist - Similar Threads - Transfer data external

2. Transfer Data to New Computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer Data to New Computer: Hi,I am getting a replacement computer from HP and they have said that they will be shipping an upgrade because they do not make the old one anymore. I need to know if it is possible to transfer the data from an image backup of my current computer without receiving any errors...
  3. Can't access My Pictures, Videos, Music

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't access My Pictures, Videos, Music: Hi, I have been unable to access my pictures since I moved my files to a my new computer. [img] [img] Same result trying from C:\Users\Me [img] I don't see any other way to access those folders. There are new Picture, Video and Music folders but they only show up in...
  4. What is the right way to transfer Documents, Music, Pictures & Videos to a new storage...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is the right way to transfer Documents, Music, Pictures & Videos to a new storage...: I have all my documents, music, pictures and videos on an external hard drive. I want to transfer them to a new computer. On the new computer, I have a ‘C’ drive and a storage drive ‘D.’ I want to transfer all my documents, music, pictures and videos from my external hard...
  5. cant open pictures, videos, or music?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    cant open pictures, videos, or music?: all of the sudden i cant open any videos or pictures or music. i have no idea what happened just one day everything stopped working. https://imgur.com/a/P3OhlYf any help fixing this would be appreciated, thanks! submitted by /u/OfficerCoolGuy [link] [comments]...
  6. Data transfer to new laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Data transfer to new laptop: Hello, What is the best way to transfer data from an old HP Win 10 laptop to new HP Win 10 laptop? Old laptop: 16GB RAM, 1TB hard drive ~450GB used, Win 10 Home 64 New laptop: 16GB RAM, 1TB hard drive + 256GB M.2 SSD, Win 10 Home 64 Plus I assume the OS will be loaded on...
  7. Can't access libraries My Pictures; My Music and My Videos

Can't access libraries My Pictures; My Music and My Videos: Today I went to open up a picture and realized I couldn't get into C:\users\xxxxxxx\documents\My Pictures Get a message: Location not available C;\Users\xxxxxx\Documents\My Pictures is not accessible. Access is denied if I right click on properties and click on the...
  8. What exactly are are "My music", "My Pictures" and "My videos"

in Windows 10 Support
    What exactly are are "My music", "My Pictures" and "My videos": I should know this ! Maybe old age has gotten to me and not all of my synapses connect anymore. I have been using Windows since XP and have touched every version, except 8. I spent many, many years on 7, but some how the actual implementation and purpose of theses folders...
  9. video transfer on external drives

video transfer on external drives: Having problems trying to organize my video files on external drives. To do the process it appears to be a very simple process but I find that opens multiple issues, be it security or capability unsure. Be denied rights to transfer files, but am the administrator. What is the...
  10. Data transfer to new computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Data transfer to new computer: Okay, I am completely frustrated. My old desktop Windows 7 crashed. I had used an external hard drive(WD My Passport) to back up my files once a month. I had also used flash drives. I purchased and received my new desktop which is Windows 10. I am unable to get the flash...