Windows 10: transfer data from 1 computer to another

Discus and support transfer data from 1 computer to another in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am currently trying to transfer data from one computer to another,,I copied items to a disc and put in new computer, but nothing happens,,,,,,what is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by royburris, Feb 20, 2022.

1. royburris Win User

transfer data from 1 computer to another

I am currently trying to transfer data from one computer to another,,I copied items to a disc and put in new computer, but nothing happens,,,,,,what is going on,,, this use to be so easy

:)

royburris, Feb 20, 2022

2. data transfer to new computer

programs and files missing after data transfer to new computer. not listed in apps nor thru search. Have used win defender. Is the program somewhere?

debrajeffsgrad, Feb 20, 2022
  3. rss81 Win User
    transfer files between computers on a home network

I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected wirelessly.

Could some one provide either specific step by step instructions on how to do this (I googled and found a countless list of instructions that don't work)

or a link to a reference.

Thanks,

I don't know if this is possible but it would be nice to see the computer sending the desired file in the explorer file manager of the computer receiving the desired file and then under the computer see a list
    of shared files and folders.

Again, this seems like such a reasonable way of sharing files and folders. Shouldn't there be a simple way to do this?

rss81, Feb 20, 2022
  4. transfer data from 1 computer to another

Data transfer

How can I transfer data (no programs or windows just setups and games)from one HDD to another please tell me all the steps, I have heard that in 2 sata if there is a window installed in both of them it could cause a problem. So, here is what I'm going to do so correct me if I'm wrong. both of them Are SATA WD

1 using XP CD going to delete the C partition in old HDD
    2 taking the HDD out
    4 partition the new HDD in new PC by using XP CD
    5 install Win 7
    6 connect the old HDD with SATA data and power cable
    7 check if it is detected in bios
    8 disk management initialize disk(i don't know if this is necessary)
    9 copy paste

ELiTRiGG3R, Feb 20, 2022
Thema:

transfer data from 1 computer to another

1. transfer data from 1 computer to another - Similar Threads - transfer data computer

2. Data transfer from one computer to another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Data transfer from one computer to another: My husband and I have Lenovo laptops. I need to move his data to my laptop and my data to his laptop. Please help. Thank you Also, I think my computer was updated to windows 11 but when it was purchased, it had windows 10 on it....
  3. Data transfer from one computer to another

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Data transfer from one computer to another: My husband and I have Lenovo laptops. I need to move his data to my laptop and my data to his laptop. Please help. Thank you Also, I think my computer was updated to windows 11 but when it was purchased, it had windows 10 on it....
  4. transfer data from 1 computer to another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    transfer data from 1 computer to another: I am currently trying to transfer data from one computer to another,,I copied items to a disc and put in new computer, but nothing happens,,,,,,what is going on,,, this use to be so easy...
  5. Transferring Data From One Computer to Another Online

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transferring Data From One Computer to Another Online: I need to know how to quickly transfer files from one computer to another via the Internet. I have been using Google Drive by loading files onto Google Drive on one computer and then downloading them from there on another computer. But there may be a method which is quicker....
  6. Transfer apps and data from one Windows to another on the same computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer apps and data from one Windows to another on the same computer: I have a desktop with three SSD's. I have been using SSD1 as my main disc, this is the default Windows Windows Home disc, and contains the apps and data I normally use. All works fine. On SSD3 is another installation Windows 10 Pro, brand new and with no users. I want to...
  7. Transferring data from phone to computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Transferring data from phone to computer: I have a Google Pixel 4XL and I know I have photos on it when I pull them up by pressing the photos button . However whenever I connect the phone to the computer it shows that the Pixel 4XL folder is empty any ideas please?? 159568
  8. Transferring Data from one internal drive to another

Transferring Data from one internal drive to another: Hello, I want to get a new hard drive that is faster and has more storage, and I have one picked out. What I need help with is figuring out how I can transfer all of my current information to the new drive when I get it. I am looking for something like a 3rd party solution or...
  9. Transferring windows from 1 drive to another

Transferring windows from 1 drive to another: Hello, I have recently bought a Samsung 860 evo 500gb and I wanted to know if i could transfer windows and all its files to the Samsung 860 evo from my current 250gb ssd, without having to buy a new windows license. Thank you for your help!...
  10. How to transfer data from one account to another?

How to transfer data from one account to another?: When I first got my laptop I signed in on a old account. I stopped using the account a few months ago and decided to make a new one. Is there anyway to add the new account and delete the old one without deleting any off my files? I tryed making a local for now but when I sign...