Windows 10: transfer data from old computer to new computer

Discus and support transfer data from old computer to new computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How do I transfer my data from my usb to my new computer?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by smiley-49, Sep 27, 2020.

1. smiley-49 Win User

transfer data from old computer to new computer

How do I transfer my data from my usb to my new computer?

:)

smiley-49, Sep 27, 2020

2. data transfer to new computer

programs and files missing after data transfer to new computer. not listed in apps nor thru search. Have used win defender. Is the program somewhere?

debrajeffsgrad, Sep 27, 2020
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    data transfer to new computer

No one can guess how you transfered your data.

To transfer your personal data (documents, pictures, music, etc.) copy the files and folders from the old computer to an external USB hard drive or a USB flash drive; then copy them to the corresponding folders (i.e., Documents, Music, Pictures, etc.) in your
    user account
    in the new computer.

Programs cannot be transferred; they have to be re-installed in the new computer.

BulldogXX, Sep 27, 2020
  4. ramirezi Win User

backing up old computer to new one

I purchased a new computer with Windows 10 and my current computer has Windows 7. I was considering putting the old hard drive into the new computer until I found a topic here where it wasn't suggested.

Users mentioned backing up the computer but there was no mention of software so I'm wondering what software do you use to transfer programs and documents from one computer to the next? Is the success transfer rate lower since it's transferring from a HP Windows 7 to a Cyberpower Windows 10 computer?

I have a WD external drive on the way large enough for a backup file to transfer to the new computer. Is there a free program that can be used? My new computer has a SSD which is new to me but I think I'll only upload the previous computer files to the main hard drive. One of my current external WD hard drives has a file labeled "Do your data recovery" but don't know anything about it and that drive doesn't have enough room to do a backup anyway.

ramirezi, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

1. transfer data from old computer to new computer - Similar Threads - transfer data old

2. Transferred data from old computer to new, now old computer is stuck with a temporary user...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferred data from old computer to new, now old computer is stuck with a temporary user...: Someone brought me two laptops. The old one had Win 10 with a HDD. The new one had Win 11 and an m.2 drive. Both laptops were set up with the same Microsoft user account. This person wanted their personal data transferred from the old laptop to the new. I took the HDD out of...
  3. Transferred data from old computer to new, now old computer is stuck with a temporary user...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferred data from old computer to new, now old computer is stuck with a temporary user...: Someone brought me two laptops. The old one had Win 10 with a HDD. The new one had Win 11 and an m.2 drive. Both laptops were set up with the same Microsoft user account. This person wanted their personal data transferred from the old laptop to the new. I took the HDD out of...
  4. Transferred data from old computer to new, now old computer is stuck with a temporary user...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How to transfer data from old telephone to computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to transfer data from old telephone to computer?: Old Nokia telephone not smartphone has Bluetooth and transfer capability. Can I transfer contacts and text messages to Windows 7 computer? If so, how?...
  6. How to transfer data from old telephone to computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to transfer data from old telephone to computer?: Old Nokia telephone not smartphone has Bluetooth and transfer capability. Can I transfer contacts and text messages to Windows 7 computer? If so, how?...
  7. Transfer Data to New Computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer Data to New Computer: Hi,I am getting a replacement computer from HP and they have said that they will be shipping an upgrade because they do not make the old one anymore. I need to know if it is possible to transfer the data from an image backup of my current computer without receiving any errors...
  8. Transfering from old computer to new.

Transfering from old computer to new.: We are trying to transfer all the address book/contacts from an older computer with Outlook to a new one. The new Outlook won't transfer the addresses or phone numbers just the names. How can we get around that? We are using an external drive to make transfers....
  9. Transfer of files/data from old computer to new one

Transfer of files/data from old computer to new one: I have a Dell 'all in one' desk top Inspiron One 2330 (Windows 10) which is failing and not worth repairing. I have purchased another Dell 'all in one' desktop model 3475 also Windows 10. My question is how can I transfer all files and data from the old computer to the new...
  10. Data transfer to new computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Data transfer to new computer: Okay, I am completely frustrated. My old desktop Windows 7 crashed. I had used an external hard drive(WD My Passport) to back up my files once a month. I had also used flash drives. I purchased and received my new desktop which is Windows 10. I am unable to get the flash...