Windows 10: Transfer digital license purchased in Microsoft Store

Discus and support Transfer digital license purchased in Microsoft Store in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I've a Desktop (PC1) pre-installed with Win8, so it should be an OEM license which I later upgrade to Win10 Home edition. Last year I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by OzBull, Jan 12, 2019.

1. OzBull Win User

Transfer digital license purchased in Microsoft Store

Hello everyone,

I've a Desktop (PC1) pre-installed with Win8, so it should be an OEM license which I later upgrade to Win10 Home edition. Last year I purchased Win10 Pro upgrade from Microsoft Store to upgrade PC1 to Pro edition so I can access remotely by RDP.

As my project is getting more complex I'm thinking to build another Desktop (PC2) and install Win10 with retail Win8 product key which I purchased years ago. Is it possible to restore PC1 to Home edition and use digital license to upgrade PC2 to Pro edition?

:)

OzBull, Jan 12, 2019

2. Transfer digital license from old PC to New one.

You would have to first ensure the Digital License is linked to your Microsoft Account. See instructions how to do that. You can then use the Troubleshooter on the new computer after installing Windows 10 to restore the license.

Please note, if your license was upgraded from a OEM preinstalled Windows 7 or Windows 7 license, it is not transferable.

See:

Andre Da Costa, Jan 12, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Microsoft Offer Refunds on Digital Purchases at Windows and Xbox Store

Read more: Microsoft to Offer Refunds on Digital Purchases at Windows and Xbox Stores - Thurrott.com

Brink, Jan 12, 2019
  4. Transfer digital license purchased in Microsoft Store

Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License  

This is what i get on step 2

Transfer digital license purchased in Microsoft Store [​IMG]

MCardona81, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

Transfer digital license purchased in Microsoft Store

1. Transfer digital license purchased in Microsoft Store - Similar Threads - Transfer digital license

2. ** Having trouble transfering Win10Pro upgrade digital license purchased from Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    ** Having trouble transfering Win10Pro upgrade digital license purchased from Microsoft...: In 2017 I used "Upgrade your edition of Windows" section in Settings/Activation and chose "Go to the Store" to purchase and install the Windows 10 Pro Upgrade for my computer with a retail license of Windows 10 Home. This worked but it did not give me a product key or digital...
  3. ** Having trouble transfering Win10Pro upgrade digital license purchased from Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ** Having trouble transfering Win10Pro upgrade digital license purchased from Microsoft...: In 2017 I used "Upgrade your edition of Windows" section in Settings/Activation and chose "Go to the Store" to purchase and install the Windows 10 Pro Upgrade for my computer with a retail license of Windows 10 Home. This worked but it did not give me a product key or digital...
  4. ** Having trouble transfering Win10Pro upgrade digital license purchased from Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. transfer digital license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    transfer digital license: a windows site suggests de-activating a device to transfer the -license' / key - to a new device. Is this true and possible in the case of --transfer digital license-- ???...
  6. transfer digital license

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    transfer digital license: a windows site suggests de-activating a device to transfer the -license' / key - to a new device. Is this true and possible in the case of --transfer digital license-- ???...
  7. Transfer PURCHASED Digital Licenses to New Device

Transfer PURCHASED Digital Licenses to New Device: A year or so ago I bootcamped two of my Macs and purchased digital licenses for them. Before unbootcamping them, I released the licenses. Looking at the "my devices" I still see the two formally bootcamped Macs listed. I'd like to use those licenses on VM devices. How do I do...
  8. Digital License transfer

Digital License transfer: I just got a new laptop, and on my old one, I have a retail copy of windows 10 home single language with a digital license linked to my microsoft account. How do I transfer that digital license to my new laptop? Do I just have to log in to my microsoft account on the new...
  9. Transferring Microsoft Store purchases

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Transferring Microsoft Store purchases: I cannot figure out how to install a game from Microsoft Store on my new PC. I'm singed in, verified my account, but when I go to the store the only option is to buy the game again, there is no download option for my already purchased games. What am I missing?...
  10. Transferring a digital license

Transferring a digital license: I had an old laptop that came pre-installed with Windows 10 Home. I upgraded that laptop to Windows 10 Pro for Workstations. This old laptop does not boot up or work anymore. I have a new laptop now that came pre-installed with Windows 10 Home. I want to transfer the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft store game transfer license

2. windows 10 digital license purchased in store transfer to a new pc

3. how to activate digital license of microsoft store

4. transfer windows store purchases