Windows 10: transfer digital licenses between computers

Discus and support transfer digital licenses between computers in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi I have 4 computers, 3 with win10 pro and one with home. I would like to transfer one of the computers to the home device as it's my newest laptop.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by fredphoesh, Nov 11, 2018.

1. transfer digital licenses between computers

Hi

I have 4 computers, 3 with win10 pro and one with home.

I would like to transfer one of the computers to the home device as it's my newest laptop.

I do not know what type of license I have, oem or retail etc... I know they were all upgraded from win7 to 8 to 10....

When I see the key codes on the properties of My Computer, only the new laptop has a code which ends in xxx00AAOEM. So I am guessing the other three are NOT OEM...

How can I find out if I can transfer any of my other three licenses to my new laptop?

Thanks,

Mark.

:)

fredphoesh, Nov 11, 2018
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Transferring Windows 10 to another computer Digital License

Hi Nikola,

Transferring a digital license to a new computer will depend on the type of Windows 10 license you have installed on your computer.

To address you're issue, we suggest that you follow the steps shared by
    Andre Da Costa
    on this thread about transferring Windows
    10 to another computer.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Nov 11, 2018
  3. Transfer digital license from old PC to New one.

You would have to first ensure the Digital License is linked to your Microsoft Account. See instructions how to do that. You can then use the Troubleshooter on the new computer after installing Windows 10 to restore the license.

Please note, if your license was upgraded from a OEM preinstalled Windows 7 or Windows 7 license, it is not transferable.

See:

Andre Da Costa, Nov 11, 2018
  4. transfer digital licenses between computers

Digital License after transfer license to new computer

Uninstalling a product key does not deactivate the license, there is actually no deactivation method. You would still need to contact support to actually invalidate the license on the old machine, so it can reactivate on the new machine.

Transferring the license is a step by step process.

First, you either remove the license from the machine by formatting it.

Install it on the new machine.

Contact chat support, then reactivate.

Where Digital license is handy is when you are still using the machine and reinstall Windows 10 and need to reactivate the license after a significant hardware change, such as a hard disk.

Learn more:

http://www.groovypost.com/howto/transfer-window...

Andre Da Costa, Nov 11, 2018
Thema:

transfer digital licenses between computers

1. transfer digital licenses between computers - Similar Threads - transfer digital licenses

2. Can't transfer digital license to another computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't transfer digital license to another computer: Hi,I bought a Windows 10 Home digital license from Microsoft a couple of years ago to use through Bootcamp on my iMac"27, 2020 model. Everything worked perfectly fine, but now I'm switching computers to a Macbook Pro 13", 2017 for convenience's sake and am trying to transfer...
  3. Can't transfer digital license to another computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't transfer digital license to another computer: Hi,I bought a Windows 10 Home digital license from Microsoft a couple of years ago to use through Bootcamp on my iMac"27, 2020 model. Everything worked perfectly fine, but now I'm switching computers to a Macbook Pro 13", 2017 for convenience's sake and am trying to transfer...
  4. Can't transfer digital license to another computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Transferring licenses between machines

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring licenses between machines: Long story.....I have my own small business and have purchased an Office 365 package for me and the other employee.Some time ago I bought a new computer which had Windows 10 Home.I wanted to set up a number of different users on the machine using my Work Accounts that had...
  6. transfer digital license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    transfer digital license: a windows site suggests de-activating a device to transfer the -license' / key - to a new device. Is this true and possible in the case of --transfer digital license-- ???...
  7. transfer digital license

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    transfer digital license: a windows site suggests de-activating a device to transfer the -license' / key - to a new device. Is this true and possible in the case of --transfer digital license-- ???...
  8. Digital License transfer

Digital License transfer: I just got a new laptop, and on my old one, I have a retail copy of windows 10 home single language with a digital license linked to my microsoft account. How do I transfer that digital license to my new laptop? Do I just have to log in to my microsoft account on the new...
  9. Digital license transfer to a new computer build

Digital license transfer to a new computer build: How do I transfer my Win 10 Pro digital license to new a new computer I built? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/digital-license-transfer-to-a-new-computer-build/06c94337-f323-46bb-affb-6c12e6caf9cc
  10. Transferring a digital license

Transferring a digital license: I had an old laptop that came pre-installed with Windows 10 Home. I upgraded that laptop to Windows 10 Pro for Workstations. This old laptop does not boot up or work anymore. I have a new laptop now that came pre-installed with Windows 10 Home. I want to transfer the...