Windows 10: Transfer digital Windows Pro license to new computer

Discus and support Transfer digital Windows Pro license to new computer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I had a major failure on a Dell laptop that had Windows Home on it when I purchased it. I upgraded it to Windows Pro through the Windows Store and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by javerett, Sep 25, 2023.

1. javerett Win User

Transfer digital Windows Pro license to new computer

I had a major failure on a Dell laptop that had Windows Home on it when I purchased it. I upgraded it to Windows Pro through the Windows Store and received a digital license. I purchased a new Surface Pro that came with Windows Home and I would like to move the Pro license from the Dell machine to the new Surface Pro. I can see the Dell computer listed in my account and it shows that it has a Windows Pro license. I can't see any way to move the Pro license to the new computer.

:)

javerett, Sep 25, 2023
  2. ktj123 Win User

Digital license transfer to a new computer build

How do I transfer my Win 10 Pro digital license to new a new computer I built?

Thanks.

ktj123, Sep 25, 2023
  3. Transfer a Windows Pro digital license to a new laptop

Question, the Windows 10 Pro license you bought and upgraded to, is it the $99 upgrade or the full $199 license?

If its the $99 upgrade Microsoft says its not transferable.

If its the $199 full price license, then you should have a digital license you can use to reactivate Windows 10 Pro on the new computer.

Andre Da Costa, Sep 25, 2023
  4. Transfer digital Windows Pro license to new computer

Transfer digital license from old PC to New one.

You would have to first ensure the Digital License is linked to your Microsoft Account. See instructions how to do that. You can then use the Troubleshooter on the new computer after installing Windows 10 to restore the license.

Please note, if your license was upgraded from a OEM preinstalled Windows 7 or Windows 7 license, it is not transferable.

See:

Andre Da Costa, Sep 25, 2023
Thema:

Transfer digital Windows Pro license to new computer

1. Transfer digital Windows Pro license to new computer - Similar Threads - Transfer digital Pro

2. Transfer Windows 10 Pro Digital License, to a new computer with Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer Windows 10 Pro Digital License, to a new computer with Windows 11.: Hello all,I am curious as to if and how I could go about transferring my Windows 10 Pro license to a newly built computer. The new computer currently has Windows 11 Home installed. I cannot find my former product key, but my activation settings on my Windows 10 PC read:...
  3. Transfer Windows 10 Pro Digital License, to a new computer with Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer Windows 10 Pro Digital License, to a new computer with Windows 11.: Hello all,I am curious as to if and how I could go about transferring my Windows 10 Pro license to a newly built computer. The new computer currently has Windows 11 Home installed. I cannot find my former product key, but my activation settings on my Windows 10 PC read:...
  4. Transfer Windows 10 Pro Digital License, to a new computer with Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Transfer windows 11 pro digital license to new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer windows 11 pro digital license to new PC: HiI have upgraded my old laptop from windows 11 HomeOEM to Windows 11 Pro. And I did not receive any product key and it was showing as digital license.Recently I have bought a new laptop and would like to transfer the Windows 11 pro upgrade license to the new one. I have...
  6. Transfer windows 11 pro digital license to new PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer windows 11 pro digital license to new PC: HiI have upgraded my old laptop from windows 11 HomeOEM to Windows 11 Pro. And I did not receive any product key and it was showing as digital license.Recently I have bought a new laptop and would like to transfer the Windows 11 pro upgrade license to the new one. I have...
  7. Transfer digital Windows Pro license to new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer digital Windows Pro license to new computer: I had a major failure on a Dell laptop that had Windows Home on it when I purchased it. I upgraded it to Windows Pro through the Windows Store and received a digital license. I purchased a new Surface Pro that came with Windows Home and I would like to move the Pro license...
  8. Transferring Win10 Pro digital license to new PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transferring Win10 Pro digital license to new PC: I have just built a new PC and I want to transfer my Windows 10 Pro digital licence from my old one. I checked the licence with command slmgr -dli, and it is in the RETAIL channel, so should be transferrable. Following instructions on various posts, I removed my licence...
  9. Digital license transfer to a new computer build

Digital license transfer to a new computer build: How do I transfer my Win 10 Pro digital license to new a new computer I built? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/digital-license-transfer-to-a-new-computer-build/06c94337-f323-46bb-affb-6c12e6caf9cc
  10. Transfer Windows 10 Pro digital license to new PC

Transfer Windows 10 Pro digital license to new PC: I upgraded my previous computer to Windows 10 Pro via a digital license purchased from the Windows Store. Unfortunately, that computer was quite literally fried during an electrical storm last month - the technicians who I took it to said it was not cost effective to repair...