Windows 10: Transfer existing Win10 to another account without PW?

Discus and support Transfer existing Win10 to another account without PW? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello dear congregation, my best friend is a PC-Noob, that's why I ask (because then I have to use it) She once bought a PC together with her partner... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Franek, Jun 8, 2020.

1. Franek Win User

Transfer existing Win10 to another account without PW?

Hello dear congregation,
    my best friend is a PC-Noob, that's why I ask (because then I have to use it)

She once bought a PC together with her partner and since she is a noob in it, her partner set it up and authenticated Win10 (100% legal) on her / his account and gave her a password.

Now the two have separated and have no more contact with each other.
    But the PC belongs to her and is also in her possession; he kept his laptop and took it with him.

She doesn't have to enter a PW when the PC boots, but she can't install anything from the store, for example, and the other day the PC did ask for the PW =:-o Later on when the PC is turned on again, she doesn't have to enter it anymore - fortunately.

To avoid further trouble, I would like to help her to "transfer" this Win10 to her account at Microsoft without having to reinstall (keep data from other accounts, scores etc.) as long as she still has access without her ex-partner's PW.

Is there a possibility, or is there only a clean reinstallation?
    But then without problems, because MS knows and recognizes the hardware, or is it somehow (also) connected to the account?

Thank you very much,
    Franek (and best friend) Transfer existing Win10 to another account without PW? :)

:)

Franek, Jun 8, 2020
  2. trinut Win User

WIN 10 -Account Sign in asking for PW but have not ever set up account with a PW

Andre,

Thanks very much for the reply! as I mentioned in the question, I realized that the issue may have occurred during a data transfer from an old PC to a new one- since the data transfer program tech support people were helping me with the transfer, I thought
    I would reach out to them to see if they could resolve it- they did-

I am not sure exactly what steps they followed, but they did fix it so I do not have to use a PW on the second account.

Thanks again- I am actually having a similar issue with another PC- and will use the steps you provided to see if that resolves the issue on that PC

Regards, and Happy new year,

JT

trinut, Jun 8, 2020
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jun 8, 2020
  4. ELT
    elt Win User

Win10 Mail App Put PW on PC

Woke up this morning to find the PC was updating... a process that took 45+ minutes. I assume this is what's called the Anniversary update. Since over the past few days Windows 2012 mail finally stopped working I finally signed up with the Win10 mail app. Entering the PW it said something about the PC but I didn't quite understand it. That was dumb because there's now a PW on the PC itself and I don't want one.

In account settings I told it to never ask me for a PW when I come back from being away... but that setting does nothing.

Any ideas how I can get rid of that PW on the PC?

Thanks

(if the suggestion is to jump through the on-line MS security hoops... AHHHHH!!! I tried getting on line to see if I could make any changes but MS's security check system seems to be broken. 15 years ago I had MSN internet with a number of accounts. I picked the C user account to be the backup should something happen to the E user. The C email account shows up to send a security code to... but after 4 tries... no mail is sent there because it no longer seems to be associated with the E user which once was the admin for all the MSN users. I can't reset the security info because I only have one phone... and it says that number is already in the system... and on and on it goes... but my main question is how do I remove the PW from the PC itself?)

Thema:

1. Transfer existing Win10 to another account without PW? - Similar Threads - Transfer existing Win10

2. Transfer digital license to another account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer digital license to another account: Hey there!I thank you in advance for reading this.I've given my current laptop to another person, but I want it to preserve my digital license. I don't want my account linked to this laptop anymore, so I would like to transfer this license to the new holder account. Is it...
  3. unzip a file without pw

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unzip a file without pw: ok trying to open a zipped file but its asking for a passwords but i never put a password on it so I'm confused can anyone help?Tks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unzip-a-file-without-pw/106a6e6a-9858-41eb-b793-15e5237ebaa8
  4. Transferring an existing Win10 to a FreeDOS pc

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transferring an existing Win10 to a FreeDOS pc: Hello, I recently bought a new FreeDOS pc and I want to transfer my license from my current pc to my new one. My current one had win7 and I upgraded it a few years ago to win10. I couldnt find any license key or something like that so I was wondering how I can transfer this...
  5. Transfer Laptop to Another Microsoft Account

Transfer Laptop to Another Microsoft Account: I just donated my old laptop to a nonprofit, but it's still registered under my MS account. Is there an easy way to delete that device from my account and allow the organization to re register under their account?...
  6. Transfer the Win10 license to another outlook account

Transfer the Win10 license to another outlook account: My Win 10 license is currently linking to my old live.hk e-mail account which I seldom usefor entertainment when I was young. Now I set up another outlook account for work and I want to transfer the win 10 license to this outlook account. How do I do that?...
  7. Transferring Purchase to Another Account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Transferring Purchase to Another Account: I was wondering how I can transfer a purchase I made in Microsoft Store to another Microsoft account. I need to transfer because I'm not using this account anymore....
  8. Transfer license to another account

Transfer license to another account: I have OEM Windows 10 on my laptop, Digital License is attached to my Microsoft Account. Is it possible to transfer the license to another account, the license will be use on the same machine. (Note:I intend to sell my laptop to another people.)...
  9. Delete the existing admin account and shifting to another account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Delete the existing admin account and shifting to another account: Hello, Recently I brought a new laptop. While creating the user account I logged in with my sister's account. Now I want to take that laptop and give my old laptop to her. So how can I change the new laptop with my account and change my old lap with her's. I want to delete...
  10. Sign in to MS account without typing PW

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Sign in to MS account without typing PW: Local account signs in without PW. Microsoft account prompts for one at sign in (but not from SLEEP). It appears from the following MS statement that typing is mandatory. Is this the case, or is there a way to auto sign in? "If you don't want to enter your password...