Windows 10: Transfer File from CD to Flash Drive

Discus and support Transfer File from CD to Flash Drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have an instructional CD that is audio / video that I need to transfer to a flash drive as computer has not a CD Drive [Original Title: file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JimmyNix1, Nov 29, 2019.

1. JimmyNix1 Win User

Transfer File from CD to Flash Drive

I have an instructional CD that is audio / video that I need to transfer to a flash drive as computer has not a CD Drive

[Original Title: file transfer]

:)

JimmyNix1, Nov 29, 2019
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

CD to flash drive

Hi Pam,

There are several ways to copy your pictures from the CD to the Flash drive. One of which is by using the shortcut keys to copy and paste it.

We suggest following the steps below:

• Insert the CD and flash drive to your PC.
    • Use Cortana and type File Explorer then click it.
    • Choose This PC.
    • Open the CD drive.
    • If all the pictures are in a specific folder, press Ctrl + A
      on your keyboard to automatically choose all the pictures then, press Ctrl + C to copy it.
    • Afterwards, Open the Flash drive, choose the location where you want to copy the pictures then press
      Ctrl + V to paste it.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Mayra Aqu, Nov 29, 2019
  3. Bree Win User
    clean possibly infected flash drives and CD-RWs

Your steps in post #1 should work for 99% of viruses that may be on a usb flash drive. However, there are a very few viruses that can infect the MBR of a drive. I would use Diskpart from a command prompt (Admin) to clean them. In the command prompt type DISKPART then, at the Diskpart prompt use the commands:

LIST DISKnote the disk number of the usb and use it in place of # in the command:SELECT DISK #
    CLEAN
    CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY

After this you will have cleaned the partition table from the usb and created a partition using the whole of the the available space. You can then format this partition in File Explorer.

For a CD-RW, if you right-click on it in File Explorer there is an Erase option.

4. Transfer File from CD to Flash Drive

files on CD to My documents and then transfer to a zip drive

Hi Gordon,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

Transferring your files to the flash drive is easy and it doesn't take long. When you're done, you have the ability to save CDs as collector's items by keeping the discs and their covers in mint condition!

To copy your files from CD to USB drive, please follow the below

steps:

1. Insert the USB flash drive and the CD into the computer system.

2. Now, Press Windows key + E key and open the File explorer, there select the
    This PC

3. In This PC, please select the Cd drive. There select all the files you want to transfer to USB drive and then right click and select copy.

4. Now open the USB drive and from This pc and in there right click and select paste.

5. All the files you selected from the CD drive will be pasted into the USB flash drive.

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Nov 29, 2019
Thema:

Transfer File from CD to Flash Drive

1. Transfer File from CD to Flash Drive - Similar Threads - Transfer File Flash

2. Record original music on flash drive from CD.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Record original music on flash drive from CD.: I am a musician with original songs on a SD disc than I put these songs in media player and recorded them on CD, my question is why will media player not let me record the songs from the CD onto a Flash drive help me if you can. These are not for resale but audition tools for...
  3. Record original music on flash drive from CD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Record original music on flash drive from CD.: I am a musician with original songs on a SD disc than I put these songs in media player and recorded them on CD, my question is why will media player not let me record the songs from the CD onto a Flash drive help me if you can. These are not for resale but audition tools for...
  4. Record original music on flash drive from CD.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Change the cd from flash drive to CD/DVD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Change the cd from flash drive to CD/DVD: I have choosed the flash drive but i need the CD/DVD. Where can i change it again ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-the-cd-from-flash-drive-to-cddvd/44a041b9-a981-4c40-b04e-f4147e49b837
  6. Transfer photos to a flash drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Transfer photos to a flash drive: I made some photo albums in the Windows 10 photos section. How do I select the albums and then transfer them onto a flash drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-photos-to-a-flash-drive/368d08ba-794d-4026-bdd5-304109ec2af0
  7. transfer picture from one drive to flash drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    transfer picture from one drive to flash drive: Transfer pictures from one drive to flash drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-picture-from-one-drive-to-flash-drive/1922bad8-dc8b-4c70-a802-7d34281e6bec
  8. music from CD to Flash Drive

music from CD to Flash Drive: How do I transfer music from CD to Flash Drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/music-from-cd-to-flash-drive/fe6df0e2-b184-4dc0-86de-4aa9e7cd013f
  9. how to transfer video file to a flash drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to transfer video file to a flash drive: how to transfer video file to a flash drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-transfer-video-file-to-a-flash-drive/d0c61b55-e5b5-451d-8357-30255340d6b5"
  10. transferring a movie to a flash drive

transferring a movie to a flash drive: Hi. I have a movie I converted to an MP4 file and want to move it to a USB flash drive. The file is a little over 5gb and the drive is 32mb. I get a message that the file is too large for the destination which is not possible. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thank you. 103489