Windows 10: transfer files between computers on a home network

Discus and support transfer files between computers on a home network in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rss81, Jan 4, 2019.

1. rss81 Win User

transfer files between computers on a home network

I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected wirelessly.

Could some one provide either specific step by step instructions on how to do this (I googled and found a countless list of instructions that don't work)

or a link to a reference.

Thanks,

:)

rss81, Jan 4, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Windows 7 File Sharing between computers, PROBLEMS!!

Just do a file transfer in explorer from one computer to the other and see what speed you get. I would suggest avoiding homegroup and using a proper network setup instead.

newtekie1, Jan 4, 2019
  3. shuggans Win User
    Network File Transfer vb.net

Hello all. I'm developing an application that automatically sends files from a machine running the client app to a server running the server app. The files in question are very large files, (500mb - 2GB in size) and I was wondering what is the best way to transfer them qucikly and efficiently over the network. Should I utilize FTP transfer, or should I develop a TCP transfer client/server?

If TCP, can anybody give me a basic run down of the networkstream class used with the tcplistener? Thanks guys.

shuggans, Jan 4, 2019
  4. transfer files between computers on a home network

Transferring files on network

Hi Bryan,

This could have happened due to advanced sharing settings. To resolve your issue, we suggest that follow the steps on this link:

Share files in File Explorer.

We suggest to follow the steps on this link to set up permission to share the file on a network or sharing files to another computer.

Let us know if you require further assistance.

Anthony Gal, Jan 4, 2019
Thema:

transfer files between computers on a home network

1. transfer files between computers on a home network - Similar Threads - transfer files between

2. Network between home computers Windows 11 ISSUE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network between home computers Windows 11 ISSUE: I have 2 identical HP laptops. Both were on Windows 10 and I had the home network setup so that I could transfer and send files back and forth. NO problems.for some stupid reason I Upgraded 1 to Windows 11 and now>>>From the Windows 10 I can still send easily files to the...
  3. Network between home computers Windows 11 ISSUE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network between home computers Windows 11 ISSUE: I have 2 identical HP laptops. Both were on Windows 10 and I had the home network setup so that I could transfer and send files back and forth. NO problems.for some stupid reason I Upgraded 1 to Windows 11 and now>>>From the Windows 10 I can still send easily files to the...
  4. Transferring a Windows 10 Home Licence between computers

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transferring a Windows 10 Home Licence between computers: i got a preinstalled version of Windows 8 on my Lenovo Yoda 3 Pro. I upgraded it to Windows 10 Home. Now the Lenovo is not working and I want to transfer the Windows 10 Licence to my Windows 10 on Parallels for Mac. What do I do?...
  5. Transfer large files between computers on different networks

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transfer large files between computers on different networks: I want to transfer from larger files from my pc to someone elses PC in an entirely different house and network. These files are too big to email, what is the fastest/cheapest way to do something like this? submitted by /u/foxmag86 [link] [comments]...
  6. Office transfer between computers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Office transfer between computers: I want to transfer Office 2013 from one laptop to another. The other laptop has Office 2007. Then I want to buy Office home and student 2019 for the second laptop. How is this done?...
  7. How to transfer files between computers at home over bluetooth or wifi?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to transfer files between computers at home over bluetooth or wifi?: Apple has airdrop. It's so simple. I'm relatively tech-savvy. I have a PC for work reasons. Two in fact...a laptop and a PC. Now, I'm at home because of this covid and want to transfer files from my laptop to my PC. 19GB worth. I don't have an ethernet cable. How do I...
  8. How to sync files between home computers?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to sync files between home computers?: I have two computers at home, they are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Is there a way to automatically sync files between these two computers? I want to continue the work with the file I started on the other machine....
  9. transfer files between computers on a home network

transfer files between computers on a home network: I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected...
  10. Slow Data Transfer Speeds in Home Network Between PCs

Slow Data Transfer Speeds in Home Network Between PCs: I'm wondering if there's any way I can increase the data transfer speed between 2 of my computers on my wireless network. I'm seeing about 1.25MB/s according to the box that shows you the speed/duration of a file transfer. I'd love to even triple this tiny speed because I am...