Windows 10: transfer files from old comouter to new

Discus and support transfer files from old comouter to new in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently bought a new computer with windows 10. Works 9 installed just fine. How do I move the data from the old computer to the new?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DannyDeWitt, Jan 19, 2020.

1. transfer files from old comouter to new

I recently bought a new computer with windows 10. Works 9 installed just fine. How do I move the data from the old computer to the new?

:)

DannyDeWitt, Jan 19, 2020

2. Transfer all files from old PC to new one

Windows Easy Transfer is not available in Windows 10

• But now for the good news: Microsoft has partnered with Laplink to bring you

PCmover Express
      – a tool for transferring selected files, folders and more from your old Windows PC to your new Windows 10 PC. And even more good news – it’s free!

Mike Hall... always, Jan 19, 2020
  3. Moving old Windows 10 PC to a new Windows 10 PC, how to transfer settings, program and files?

Hi,

To transfer files from your old laptop to your new one, you can use a Universal Serial Bus (USB) flash drive or a thumb drive. Follow the steps below:

• Insert the USB flash drive into a USB port of your laptop.
    • Wait for the laptop to detect the USB drive.
    • Open a window for the files that you want to transfer and another window for the USB drive.
    • Select the files that you want to transfer, right-click and then click on
      Cut
      or Copy.
    • On the destination window, right-click and select Paste.
    • Make sure that files are completely transferred before removing the USB flash drive.
    • Insert the USB into your new laptop.
    • Access the files once the USB drive is detected.
    • Repeat the same procedure on how you transferred or copied the files from your old laptop to the flash drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Lizette Ags, Jan 19, 2020
  4. Steevo Win User

transfer files from old comouter to new

Cable to transfer files

OMG. I have never met anyone who actually bought one of those file transfer things.

Firewire will do the same as USB, but faster, so will a cheap crossover cable. I can wlak you through the steps of moving data so you will not miss a beat.

Anything more than $10 to buy a cable is too much.

Steevo, Jan 19, 2020
Thema:

transfer files from old comouter to new

1. transfer files from old comouter to new - Similar Threads - transfer files old

2. Transfer files from old to new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer files from old to new laptop: I am wanting to transfer wanted files, documents downloads and else from my old Dell Latitude E7450 damaged but working laptop to my newer Dell Latitude 7490. Is there a smart way to do this besides using a flashdrive and manually loading them onto it and then dropping them...
  3. Transfer files from old to new laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer files from old to new laptop: I am wanting to transfer wanted files, documents downloads and else from my old Dell Latitude E7450 damaged but working laptop to my newer Dell Latitude 7490. Is there a smart way to do this besides using a flashdrive and manually loading them onto it and then dropping them...
  4. Transfer from old to new laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer from old to new laptop: Not sure this is the right forum for this but if not please point me in the right direction. I currently have an 8 year old laptop running Win 10 Pro x 64 and MS Office 2013. It is not capable of running Win 11 when it is released.I am considering the purchase of a new laptop...
  5. file transfer from old pc to new pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file transfer from old pc to new pc: how do I transfer files and photos from old computer to new computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-transfer-from-old-pc-to-new-pc/f7bda902-fac7-458f-a55d-ad9f464f3c80
  6. Transfer from old to new

in Windows 10 Support
    Transfer from old to new: I'm shopping for a new desk top pc and will want to transfer info from old to new. Windows 10 I have anti virus protection, do I still have to be concerned about transferring virus to new PC. and is there software that makes that easy to do. I am 86 and very slow. 166489
  7. Transfering from old computer to new.

Transfering from old computer to new.: We are trying to transfer all the address book/contacts from an older computer with Outlook to a new one. The new Outlook won't transfer the addresses or phone numbers just the names. How can we get around that? We are using an external drive to make transfers....
  8. File transfer from old to new computer

File transfer from old to new computer: How do you easily transfer files from an old computer to new computer in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-transfer-from-old-to-new-computer/d2deafdb-e993-4441-b34c-612ae5d2e329
  9. Transfer Files from old to new computer

Transfer Files from old to new computer: How can I transfer files from my external hard drive to my new computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-files-from-old-to-new-computer/d3888df2-0288-4252-89c8-13c74ec0d862"
  10. transfer files from old computer to new

transfer files from old computer to new: transfer files from old computer to new https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10/f49e2618-aa29-457b-b562-ff7d6117fbaa"