Windows 10: Transfer Files from old to new computer

Discus and support Transfer Files from old to new computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How can I transfer files from my external hard drive to my new computer?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MarvellJacob, Dec 7, 2019.

1. Transfer Files from old to new computer

How can I transfer files from my external hard drive to my new computer?

:)

MarvellJacob, Dec 7, 2019

2. transfer files from old computer to new

how do I transfer files from old computer to a new computer

VirginiaGeffert, Dec 7, 2019
  3. rss81 Win User
    transfer files between computers on a home network

I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected wirelessly.

Could some one provide either specific step by step instructions on how to do this (I googled and found a countless list of instructions that don't work)

or a link to a reference.

Thanks,

I don't know if this is possible but it would be nice to see the computer sending the desired file in the explorer file manager of the computer receiving the desired file and then under the computer see a list
    of shared files and folders.

Again, this seems like such a reasonable way of sharing files and folders. Shouldn't there be a simple way to do this?

rss81, Dec 7, 2019
  4. Transfer Files from old to new computer

Transfer files and settings from an old computer to a new computer

How do I transfer files, folders, and settings from an old computer to a new computer?

ThomasHayhurst, Dec 7, 2019
Thema:

Transfer Files from old to new computer

1. Transfer Files from old to new computer - Similar Threads - Transfer Files old

2. Transfer files from old to new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer files from old to new laptop: I am wanting to transfer wanted files, documents downloads and else from my old Dell Latitude E7450 damaged but working laptop to my newer Dell Latitude 7490. Is there a smart way to do this besides using a flashdrive and manually loading them onto it and then dropping them...
  3. Transfer files from old to new laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer files from old to new laptop: I am wanting to transfer wanted files, documents downloads and else from my old Dell Latitude E7450 damaged but working laptop to my newer Dell Latitude 7490. Is there a smart way to do this besides using a flashdrive and manually loading them onto it and then dropping them...
  4. transfer data from old computer to new computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    transfer data from old computer to new computer: How do I transfer my data from my usb to my new computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-data-from-old-computer-to-new-computer/3f750332-54ba-4c01-a19b-dc8104de7a6c
  5. Transfering from old computer to new.

Transfering from old computer to new.: We are trying to transfer all the address book/contacts from an older computer with Outlook to a new one. The new Outlook won't transfer the addresses or phone numbers just the names. How can we get around that? We are using an external drive to make transfers....
  6. File transfer from old to new computer

File transfer from old to new computer: How do you easily transfer files from an old computer to new computer in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-transfer-from-old-to-new-computer/d2deafdb-e993-4441-b34c-612ae5d2e329
  7. Transfer of files/data from old computer to new one

Transfer of files/data from old computer to new one: I have a Dell 'all in one' desk top Inspiron One 2330 (Windows 10) which is failing and not worth repairing. I have purchased another Dell 'all in one' desktop model 3475 also Windows 10. My question is how can I transfer all files and data from the old computer to the new...
  8. Computer files programs transfer old to new

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer files programs transfer old to new: What is the best way to install all files and programs from Windows 8 computer to new Windows 10 computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-files-programs-transfer-old-to-new/2d5411a1-bd7f-4c77-b96d-36828f2f3f5d"
  9. transfer files from old computer to new

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    transfer files from old computer to new: transfer files from old computer to new https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10/f49e2618-aa29-457b-b562-ff7d6117fbaa"
  10. Transfer files and settings from an old computer to a new computer

Transfer files and settings from an old computer to a new computer: How do I transfer files, folders, and settings from an old computer to a new computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/transfer-files-and-settings-from-an-old-computer/facae362-357b-4611-ac5f-9282d0a8f75e