Windows 10: Transfer files from one user account to another in Windows 10

Discus and support Transfer files from one user account to another in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I need to transfer from one user account to another and I am having issues doing so. The account I want to transfer from seems to be just a folder and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JillGriner, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Transfer files from one user account to another in Windows 10

I need to transfer from one user account to another and I am having issues doing so. The account I want to transfer from seems to be just a folder and I can't transfer everything to the account I want to. Not sure how to do this without causing issues. Transfer files from one user account to another in Windows 10 2e182db0-2c6f-47ae-bd4a-30a4d72cfc25?upload=true.jpg

I want it from Jill.JILLYBEANS to Jill

:)

JillGriner, Nov 12, 2018

2. Transferring an account on Windows 10 (EDITED)

Hi,

As you are facing issue with transferring an account on windows 10, I would surely help you with it.

But I would like to know the below information,

• Entire account: are you referring to a Microsoft account or a local user account?
    If it is a Microsoft user account the same settings will synchronize to the new user account.

Steps to transfer the files to the new admin user account.

• Open file explorer and double click on OS (C Transfer files from one user account to another in Windows 10 :).

• Go to Users and try transferring all the data’s/ files to the new user account.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, Nov 12, 2018
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Transfer files from one user account to another in Windows 10 :(

Zakin, Nov 12, 2018
  4. 95Viper Win User

Transfer files from one user account to another in Windows 10

95Viper, Nov 12, 2018
Thema:

Transfer files from one user account to another in Windows 10

1. Transfer files from one user account to another in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Transfer files user

2. Copying files from one user account to another

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copying files from one user account to another: I am trying to copy the user account files from one user account to another user account both admin accounts. I am using the hidden Administrator account to do this, but when I copy the files from one account and attempt to paste them into the public account while logged into...
  3. Copying files from one user account to another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copying files from one user account to another: I am trying to copy the user account files from one user account to another user account both admin accounts. I am using the hidden Administrator account to do this, but when I copy the files from one account and attempt to paste them into the public account while logged into...
  4. I need to transfer user files from one computer to another

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    I need to transfer user files from one computer to another: My elderly friend has an old HP, and bought a new HP computer (Boxed) kit with Win 10 built in. I, as the local computer wizard am tasked with moving her data from the old to the new. (She lives 35 miles of traffic away.) There is a back up drive attached to the old one, but...
  5. Transferring files from one user to another

in Windows 10 Customization
    Transferring files from one user to another: I original set up windows under an account/email that has since be closed. I want to transfer all my files currently on the old user account to my new user account but can't seem to figure this out. Is there a way I can move my files, apps, and setting that are on the old...
  6. Transferring files from one onedrive account to another.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transferring files from one onedrive account to another.: Hi! I recently changed my microsoft account, and I want to transfer all the files from the old onedrive account. I know there is a transfer flow available, but for some reason it doesn't work. Whenever I try to use it, I receive the following error message. Is there...
  7. Transferring the Users from one drive to another.

Transferring the Users from one drive to another.: I got a new HDD and i would like to move my existing User to that new drive. how do i do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transferring-the-users-from-one-drive-to-another/f0bb506e-2d91-4bc5-9461-0efe31c2d568
  8. Transfer games from one account to another

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Transfer games from one account to another: I bought Minecraft before Bedrock edition came out and I accidentally redeemed my free copy on my other account; is it possible to switch the game from being on my other Microsoft account to being on this one?...
  9. Transferring files from one Microsoft account to another

Transferring files from one Microsoft account to another: This seems to be my month to contact Microsoft. So glad you're here to answer questions. Is it possible to transfer files from one Microsoft account to another? I prefer to have to handle only one account, but circumstances made it necessary to create a new account with an...
  10. Windows 10: transfer a file from one user to another on the same computer

Windows 10: transfer a file from one user to another on the same computer: Windows 10: why is there no way to transfer a file from one user to another on the same computer? This seems to me to be an obviously desirable feature and should be made easy, but a diligent search of the Internet reveals nothing relevant or practical. Instructions about...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to transfer windows account to another

2. how to send files from one user to another

3. Transfer User account Windows 10

4. transfer files from one user to another windows,
  5. windows 10 copy account to new account,
  6. transfer windows 10 built in account,
  7. windows 10 transfer user account,
  8. transfer files from user to user windows 10,
  9. transfer windows account to another account,
  10. how do i transfer files from a windows 10 account to another,
  11. windows10 user transfer to other computer,