Windows 10: Transfer Files from one Windows 10 to newer one

Discus and support Transfer Files from one Windows 10 to newer one in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; HELP!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-files-from-one-windows-10-to-newer-one/42ac1b5b-b12b-49b0-baba-729f1a356210" Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Pali1, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Pali1 Win User

Transfer Files from one Windows 10 to newer one

HELP!!!

:)

Pali1, Feb 22, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 22, 2019
  3. Steevo Win User
    Cable to transfer files

OMG. I have never met anyone who actually bought one of those file transfer things.

Firewire will do the same as USB, but faster, so will a cheap crossover cable. I can wlak you through the steps of moving data so you will not miss a beat.

Anything more than $10 to buy a cable is too much.

Steevo, Feb 22, 2019
  4. LonGun Win User

Need Help Files Transfer

I have a computer running Windows XP Home Edition. That computer has two internal HDDs:

The 1st HDD is C:\ that running Windows. And it has 20GB total of capacity.
    The 2nd HDD is D:\ that is empty. And it has 90GB total of capacity.

The C:\ drive is almost run out of space (full). Is there a way I can transfer everything in the C:\ drive to the D:\ drive and begin to use the D:\ drive from there on as primary drive?
    Can the Windows Files Transfer feature in XP transfer everything I have in C:\ to D:\? If it cannot, then which way can I use to perform the above step?

Thank you.

LonGun, Feb 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Transfer Files from one Windows 10 to newer one - Similar Threads - Transfer Files newer

2. Transfer of files from one Windows version to another.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transfer of files from one Windows version to another.: I am using Win 10 on my pc and my office people are using win 7. If i send them Word files through email and if they download it in Win 7 then can they see the files without any corruption/changes??...
  3. Transfer of files from one Windows version to another.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer of files from one Windows version to another.: I am using Win 10 on my pc and my office people are using win 7. If i send them Word files through email and if they download it in Win 7 then can they see the files without any corruption/changes??...
  4. Transfer of files from one Windows version to another.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Transferring files from one user to another

in Windows 10 Customization
    Transferring files from one user to another: I original set up windows under an account/email that has since be closed. I want to transfer all my files currently on the old user account to my new user account but can't seem to figure this out. Is there a way I can move my files, apps, and setting that are on the old...
  6. Transferring files from one SSD to another

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transferring files from one SSD to another: Can I transfer regular files such as games, apps, and programs from one SSD to another? Like for an example, your default drive is Drive C. You download a file, app, or a program onto your computer and it installs into Drive D. Is there a way that you can move any kind of...
  7. One Drive transfer from One computer to next

One Drive transfer from One computer to next: I bought a new computer and set up my previous OneDrive account on my new computer. However, all but my most recent folder transferred over. Also, old folders transferred with the name however the inside of every folder transferred to my new PC is blank. How do I get all my...
  8. Transferring Windows 10 from one device to another

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transferring Windows 10 from one device to another: I have a laptop that came with windows 10 pre-installed, and I also have a custom built desktop PC. I am trying to put windows 10 on the PC and install an alternative operating system on the other device. What should I do to get started? Do I need to reactivate my product...
  9. Transfer files/photos/emails from one laptop to a new one.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Transfer files/photos/emails from one laptop to a new one.: Hey, just got another laptop that runs Win10 S, and am having issues with transferring docs/photos/apps all of which were on the older laptop that also has Win10only two years old. Both are HP, so life expectancy is short on both. Is it the Smeaning extra security, or is a...
  10. Transfer files from one user account to another in Windows 10

Transfer files from one user account to another in Windows 10: I need to transfer from one user account to another and I am having issues doing so. The account I want to transfer from seems to be just a folder and I can't transfer everything to the account I want to. Not sure how to do this without causing issues. [ATTACH] I want it...